7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I thought the track view autoscrolled when playing, but I must have done something to disable it. When I play, the cursor moves and just disappears off to the right, continuing play without the view following along. How do I re-enable it?
by Steve Carter on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:25 pm
Hi Mark...

Top of screen - off-centre-right are two icons next to each other. The left one is the shift to grid function the right one is sort of the 'auto scroll' in so much as the view will follow the cursor. These icons also appear in the edit pane to perform the same function.
Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by markbratcher on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:39 pm
Ah brilliant! Thank you!

I'm still learning all the bits of this user interface. A lot of things to tweak. Any given one is hard to do a user manual search on (I tried!). So.... thanks again!
by raphaellasne on Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:43 am
PLUS :
You can access to this auto-scroll function by pressing the letter "F"
The Icon for this function looks like an arrow pointing on the right with a vertical line.
by michaelgilboe on Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:29 pm
Guess I'm helping bring this more current.

Many programs off the option of the whole screen scrolling where the edit cursor always stays centered. Is this possible with studio one?

I do audiobooks and do a little editing at the beginning and end of each chapter (which has a marker) Everytime I key command to "next marker" it puts the audio at the front of the screen, and I have to MANUALLY back up every time. This little thing actually triples the time it takes to do this chore. Any ideas?
by Bbd on Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:49 pm
Not possible by design

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by krishall on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:34 pm
Personally I would LOVE this!! There's nothing more frustrating than being zoomed into a project, pressing play, and having the cursor leave the screen to the right side ---> and COMPLETELY reset my view by popping on the left side- basically knocking me from left to right making me have to reshift my eyes to figure out where I was.

CUBASE DOES THIS RIGHT! Give us an option to "Keep Playhead Centered"

Pleeeeeaseee!

7 posts
Page 1 of 1