13 posts
Page 1 of 1
I select add tracks, choose Komplete Kontrol
I want to add 8 individual instances of this plugin, I choose 8..
8 instrument tracks are created, yet it's only the same instance :cry:
Not sure why the daw doesn't understand this command.

Can anyone test this, is there something I'm doing wrong here? Shouldn't we be able to add multiple instances of the same plugin on different tracks?

thanks so much in advance..

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by scottyo7 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:15 pm
jonhamilton2 wroteI select add tracks, choose Komplete Kontrol
I want to add 8 individual instances of this plugin, I choose 8..
8 instrument tracks are created, yet it's only the same instance :cry:
Not sure why the daw doesn't understand this command.

Can anyone test this, is there something I'm doing wrong here? Shouldn't we be able to add multiple instances of the same plugin on different tracks?

thanks so much in advance..

From your description it sounds like S1 is doing what you ask... as per the manual starting on page 54, "Instrument Tracks".

You're creating 8 Instrument tracks... all with Komplete on them?
If you want a different patch/sound on each track, then that's where human intervention is needed of which you'll have to choose those. ;)

So this answer seems too easy - I must be not understanding your question. :roll:

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by jonhamilton2 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:13 pm
:thumbdown: No, In the window it asks how many tracks I want to add, I say 8 instrument tracks, it creates 8 tracks, but it's only 1 instance of the instrument not 8. So they all share the common fader, not at all what it's supposed to do. I want 8 separate instruments!

Similar scenario, but this time we will create 8 audio tracks - I add 8 audio tracks, WAIT!! this time I get 8 different tracks with 8 separate faders?

How is this making sense?

This makes no sense at all..

Next we try folders, same as audio, works, next we try automation, it works..

This is a useless feature, and doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
by robertgray3 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:02 pm
scottyo7 wroteI must be not understanding your question.

Correct, you didn't understand him.

jonhamilton2 wrote:This makes no sense at all...

No it doesn't and yes you performed the function properly. It will only create 1 instance of a VI and 8 tracks pointing to it. It's of the first weird things I noticed in studio one and they haven't shown any interest in changing it however many years later.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by LBH on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:53 pm
An instrument track and a channel is'nt the same.

Let's say you have an organ plugin where you can control the upper manual, the lower manual and the pedals seprately, then this require 3 tracks, but only one channel created by the loaded organ plugin.
In this case you would not like to load multiple plugins, when you create multiple instrument tracks.

Also if you allready have instrument plugins loaded, and you wan't to create more tracks for those excisting plugins, then you also don't wan't to load more plugins, when you create instrument tracks.

If you add a new plugin, to one of the tracks that you have created, then you will see that a channel is created.

The important thing to remember is, that with instruments it's the plugin that create a channel and not the track.
Track and channel is'nt the same.
This also affect how mute and solo works on instrument tracks and plugin channels.

So the create instrument tracks without loading multiple plugins does make sense and it's useful. I

I'm on S1V3, but i assume it's the same functionality in S1V4.
I assume presonus could add an option to add a new instance of a selected plugin for each track. But if this is'nt possible in S1V4 (it's not in S1V3), then this would be a feature request, so i suggest, you create a feature request. But i would like to keep the excisting possibilities, so i don't have to be forced to load multiple plugins, when i create new tracks.
The function work correct, as it is, but i don't mind another option.

Motherboard: Intel DH77KC
CPU: Intel I7 3770, 3,4 GHz, Quad core - Hyperthreading
SSD: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO series
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: Intel HD 4000
DAW: Studio One 2 and 3 Professionel - 64 bit
Controller: Novation SL-MKII - Automap
Soundcard/ Interface: NI Komplete Audio 6
All is Fully updated including BIOS and firmware.
by jonhamilton2 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:48 am
This is beyond confusing, if the add tracks option, asks me how many Instruments I want to create, then it should create them period.

If it does it for every other track, audio,folder,automation, then it should do the same for instruments.

by scottyo7 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:39 am
jonhamilton2 wroteThis is beyond confusing, if the add tracks option, asks me how many Instruments I want to create, then it should create them period.

If it does it for every other track, audio,folder,automation, then it should do the same for instruments.

Well apparently that's not the way Studio One behaves as of today. :roll:
If it's too hard to just create the 8 Instrument tracks then:
1) write or vote for this as a feature request.
2) use a different DAW.

It's never been an issue for me as I guess I don't work that way. ;)
For me, I'll use Presence XT on 4 separate tracks - for example; a saw synth, bass, bells and a trumpet.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by robertgray3 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:26 am
scottyo7 wroteI'll use Presence XT on 4 separate tracks - for example; a saw synth, bass, bells and a trumpet.

He does, too, lol, hence his request. Why are you not understanding this :D

jonhamilton2 wroteIf it does it for every other track, audio,folder,automation, then it should do the same for instruments.

I created a new feature request for this here.

There was one years ago with a few votes but these things get lost in the ether and the focus on new features I suppose. The existing behavior is nice for Kontakt or ARIA player, but that's only about 20% of my instrument usage.

https://answers.presonus.com/48755/chec ... nt-created

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by darrenporter1 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:43 am
jonhamilton2 wroteThis is beyond confusing, if the add tracks option, asks me how many Instruments I want to create, then it should create them period.

This was very confusing for me at first too, but BY DESIGN S1 does NOT have a 1:1:1 relationship between instruments, tracks and channels. There really is a LOT of flexibility in this decision. To make this behave the same as adding the other items you list would be ignoring this fact.

It would not hurt to have that feature AS AN OPTION though, like a checkbox for "create multiple instrument instances" or something but it should NOT be the default behavior.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by jonhamilton2 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:31 pm
Thanks Robert gray, for adding this request.

by jonhamilton2 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:39 pm
Thnx Darren, I agree. So currently the only way to add multiple instances of an instrument track is to drag n drop them one by one, unless there's any other workarounds?

by robertgray3 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:25 pm
Yes if you select multiple tracks and do Alt + drag (or is it CMD + drag? I forget) on the arrange view to “ Duplicate (Complete) “ then you can do it a little faster

Duplicate one track
Select both, duplicate two tracks,
Select all, duplicate four tracks
Now you have 8 tracks in 3 moves

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by patrickbushaw on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:04 pm
@robertgray3
On the PC it is ALT +
Not stated but understood - that procedure is based on the right click 'Duplicate Track (complete)'
NOTED:
I can select and ALT + drag on the track header to get new VSTi instances.
If I am doing that on the track body, I get new tracks - based on the current add track function - assigned to the original VSTi

I agree w/darrenporter1 to keep the current action. Common use w/multi-timbral VSTis.

:!: An option could be 'inserted' into the current workflow. for new instrument(s)..
2020-02-13_S1_TrackAddVSTi.png

13 posts
Page 1 of 1