9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey.

Lack of MIDI Slave sync in SO is a bit of pain. I've made it before in Cubase with ease, but now I'm a full time SO user. I'm using Vienna Ensemble Pro for my everyday work in SO and I know that when I hit space in the VEP instance on any of my VEP network machines then main DAW computer with SO running immediately starts playing. So there is a way to sync two SO on two different machines via special VSTi instrument plugin, but I can't find anything like this.

It's kind of shame for developers because of great UCNET protocol which can't even sync their own Notion play/stop transport functions instead of using old Rewire protocol.

Remembering Wormhole days which was great solution for sending audio between DAWS in 32bit days.

So maybe someone of your SO users has something hidden in your toolbox? :)

Regards, Pablo

SO 6.5.2, Macbook Pro M1 - Mac OS 12.7.3, iMac Pro - Mojave. UA Apollo, UA Twin... and lots of other studio gear.
by Nip on Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:53 am
As I read your request you want a keyboard command on one computer to execute playback where studioone is?

If studioone is in focus on the other machine - executing spacebar would do that, I think.

If so, there is for pc "mouse without borders" that allow to sync mouse key commands on 4 computers.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/garage/ ... t-borders/

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by Jemusic on Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:34 am
Sync means more than just a command to start, stop. It usually includes a master machine sending out a continuous midi clock at a rate of 24 ppq (24 pulses for every beat in the bar) from the moment it starts, locking the receiving machine (slave) so it remains in perfect sync with the master. Sync happens every 1/24th of a beat in the bar. Time between sync pulses is tempo dependant.

Otherwise the two DAW's, even after both getting a start signal, would free wheel and eventually start drifting out of time with each other.

MTC (Midi Time Code) is another form of continuous pulses being sent but this time its hours, minutes, seconds and frames. (not tempo dependant, but constant all the time) The receiving machine just reads the clock and makes sure its own sequencer is in time relation to it. Really the best option.

As Studio can only send (no slave mode) either of these things for the moment, getting one Studio One computer to drive a second Studio One computer in sync is not possible right now. Other DAW's allow slave mode ie they can be the receiving machine. Often they offer both modes. master or slave.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Tacman7 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:08 am
On occasion I sync S1 and Cubase together with midi clock on 1 machine with 2 interfaces.

I get an audio pair in S1 from the Cubase interface.

You can send and receive midi between them.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by shanabit on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:34 am
Nope, S1 doesnt SLAVE to anything, it has to be the MASTER.

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by mikemanthei on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:38 pm
Pablo, was that difficult to set up?
pawelhebda wrote I'm using Vienna Ensemble Pro for my everyday work in SO and I know that when I hit space in the VEP instance on any of my VEP network machines then main DAW computer with SO running immediately starts playing

I've Got a Friend thinking about doing this and we were wondering how hard it was to get working correctly.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by pawelhebda on Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:12 pm
mikemanthei wrotePablo, was that difficult to set up?
pawelhebda wrote I'm using Vienna Ensemble Pro for my everyday work in SO and I know that when I hit space in the VEP instance on any of my VEP network machines then main DAW computer with SO running immediately starts playing

I've Got a Friend thinking about doing this and we were wondering how hard it was to get working correctly.

This is done automatic via VEP - you don't need to do anything. Just select it in options. Its made for easy starting master machine when you are working with anything on the other.

But it simply starts Main DAW form the last state position.

SO 6.5.2, Macbook Pro M1 - Mac OS 12.7.3, iMac Pro - Mojave. UA Apollo, UA Twin... and lots of other studio gear.
by Jemusic on Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:30 pm
pawelhebda wroteI'm using Vienna Ensemble Pro for my everyday work in SO and I know that when I hit space in the VEP instance on any of my VEP network machines then main DAW computer with SO running immediately starts playing.

This may just be a start command being sent to what appears to be the slave machine going into play. It may not be syncing necessarily, but free wheeling. Can you change the tempo from the VEP instance and see if Studio One follows.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by pawelhebda on Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:33 am
Jemusic wrote
pawelhebda wroteI'm using Vienna Ensemble Pro for my everyday work in SO and I know that when I hit space in the VEP instance on any of my VEP network machines then main DAW computer with SO running immediately starts playing.

This may just be a start command being sent to what appears to be the slave machine going into play. It may not be syncing necessarily, but free wheeling. Can you change the tempo from the VEP instance and see if Studio One follows.

No you can't alter tempo from Vienna Ensemble :) its just start command like you said - unfortunately :( But VEP sees and slaves to SO perfectly. Thats why I wish to made it in reverse mode :)

9 posts
Page 1 of 1