10 posts
Page 1 of 1
So just got my hands on a DOD SR866 Limiter/gate/compressor. I'm using a Tascam FW1884 mixer and S1 professional.

I have a trumpet track already recorded I ran to Input 8 of the FW1884, then I arm the track for monitoring. I have Insert 8 of Fw1884 into the sidechain input 1 of the compressor. Line-In 8 running to sidechain output 1 of the compressor. This is apparently how its supposed to happen.

Now if i open up the INPUT tracks in the S1 mixer and jack up the trim on the FW1884, i can see the level jumping (no music playing). Also, with the music playing, the DOD lights are going as if its working. But the signals not getting back into S1 with the compression.

ANY help on this one?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel core i7 6700K
32Gb
Asus Z170A Motherboard
StudioOne Pro 3.5
Midas M32
Monitor Station
by Kiwicomposer on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:38 pm
Cant help directly but do you have the attached DOD documentation? It might help..
Ref Page 20...

DOD SignalProcessors.pdf
DOD Signal Processort manual
(248.65 KiB) Downloaded 865 times

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x
iMac's & MacBookAir all running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Sammy1283 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:00 pm
Yeah I was just reading through the manual actually, nothing.

Think I may have found my answer right this moment however. Looks like the pipeline plug-in can route it to external hardware. I wasn't doing that.

Will try that and keep my fingers crossed!
Thanks for that

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel core i7 6700K
32Gb
Asus Z170A Motherboard
StudioOne Pro 3.5
Midas M32
Monitor Station
by Tacman7 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:47 am
The routing sounds really screwed up to me, but I don't work with one of those boxes.

It's about half mixer and half interface?

Draw your signal path out of paper maybe? works for me.

The way I would go about this is:

Set up an audio output to one of your line outs.

Then set the output of that trumpet track to the new output.

Run a cable from that output to your compressor.

Run a cable from the compressor to a line input.

Setup a input for where that compressor is plugged into.

Create a track and set the input to where your compressor is.

Done.

Just work with your levels and tweak it into shape.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by mrpicholas on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:49 am
You should not be using the sidechain inputs on your SR866. If you want to compress the trumpet, your insert SEND should go to the compressor's input, and the compressor's output should be routed to the insert RETURN (with a Y-Cable, usually).

You would use sidechain if (for example) you wanted the bass to turn down every time the trumpet played. The bass would go input/output and the trumpet would go to the sidechain input. Each time the trumpet triggered the compressor, it would turn down the bass.

MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM & OS 11.6.4. Studio One Professional 5, Notion 5, Presonus Quantum 2626, PreSonus Sceptre S6, FaderPort, Melodyne Editor, plugs from Waves, AAS, Arturia, Nomad Factory, IK. Faber-Castell #2 Pencil
by vyacheslavcohen on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:16 am
I use my dbx 266xs compressor in S1 with next routing map:
Soundcard Focusrtie Scarlett 2i4 has 2 inputs and 4 outputs and mix monitor control which allows me to listen input and output.
1-2 outs to speakers.
3-4 outs to compressor's inputs then, from compressor outs to 1-2 inputs of soundcard.

I also have connection from Virus Ti outs to compressor's inputs - and jacks from iPad to Virus Ti to have recording ipad sounds through virus fxs and then compressor - sounds like geek trick)

In S1 you then choosing outs for track or bus. You actually have to go to Song options and set outputs and inputs before. I use compressor often on drums bus and send it out to 3-4 outs in s1 mixer.

Then you have 2 ways - if your soundcard supports input monitoring - you listen and tweak compressor the way you like and record on the new track with setting up inputs 1-2 as incoming signal. Otherwise, you can add audio track with same inputs and click "monitoring" and you will hear sound from compressor. Then, just record it. Don't forget to solo right tracks.

Hope it helps.
by brentrains on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:41 pm
So you can use a y-cable into the interface.

I don't want to hijack, but I have an FMR RNC, and I have been trying to figure out how to use it with my Firestudio project.

Computer Build with i5 Sandy Bridge, 8 Gb ram, 1.5 TB of 720 rpm storage.
Windows 7 x64
Studio One 3.1 (x64)
Presonus Firestudio Project
ART Pro MPA ii (Modded)
FMR Audio RNC
Multitudes of Plugs - All things Slate, Waves, iZotope
by Tacman7 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:05 am
brentrains wroteSo you can use a y-cable into the interface.

I don't want to hijack, but I have an FMR RNC, and I have been trying to figure out how to use it with my Firestudio project.

Same answer except you have to do two lines for stereo.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by nsmdigitalpc on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:44 pm
Help! ;-) Trying to figure out the correct setup for my Presonus studio channel as a pipeline plugin in S1ver2 software, to beable to use my preamp Studio Chan. to use as a vst plugin in studio one?
here's what I have:
1.Presonus Studio Channel
2.Audiobox 1818vsl

I need cable settings like inputs and outs.
by Tacman7 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:36 am
You have to create an input and output in song setup.

Create a stereo in, rename it and set it to where you have the fx plugged into on your interface.

Repeat the operation for a stereo out.

Then create a pipeline insert and choose those channels.

Forum Moderator.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1