86 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
I think I have solved the problem and it is done to coming up with a midi map for every VI and effect that you have.
Johnny Gelb explains it in great detail here:
https://youtu.be/MG76UEQqcuI

I followed what he said and now my NK2 is working in the way it was before.

Thanks again for your help.

Colin.

Windows 10
Studio One 4 professional (latest build)
Intel i7 4.20Ghz
Ram 32Gb
ATOM surface control
NanoKontrol2
by Trucky on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:45 pm
That’s a great video for setting up a controller for your plugins. JG is a good friend of mine and an excellent teacher. Glad to hear it’s working again for you!

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by yansytin on Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:37 pm
Reviving this thread, got a question!
Today I tried setting up my nanokontrol2 with current version of S1, it went fine (midi information is being sent/received) but it doesn't seem to highlight tracks that are being controlled in S1 itself (I have a PT also and there you can see the 8 tracks on your DAW console that are being affected, and you can mute, solo, control fader, pad etc., in fact mix window would jump to those particular tracks when you press "track" left/right buttons on controller) Is this feature missing in S1 or is there some kind of option I didn't find? Unfortunately, the former would make NK2 not particularly useful for me in S1... I like writing automation with it and seeing which tracks I'm working with.
by Trucky on Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:58 am
@yansytin

All the functions for the buttons and faders should work however you are correct that the mix window and channel focus in Studio One doesn't change when banking. You'll need to use the mouse or keyboard shortcuts to scroll there.

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by yansytin on Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:41 am
Trucky wrote@yansytin

All the functions for the buttons and faders should work however you are correct that the mix window and channel focus in Studio One doesn't change when banking. You'll need to use the mouse or keyboard shortcuts to scroll there.

Thank you for the reply! That's unfortunate, although I guess it's possible to come up with some workarounds for that. I hope they'll include this feature sometimes down the road, seems to me like an essential feature if you use any control surface. Cheers!
by garyshepherd on Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:11 pm
I tried with the nanos (K1 and K2 plus the keyboard) but gave up as they were allways needing setting up - so pleased I bought the Faderport 2018 which does the job really well - you actually only need the one fader. I have one Kontrol1, two Kontrol2's (now unused), and the nanoKeys (which is pretty good).

I can't recommend the Faderport enough.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Rick Bell on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:01 am
@Trucky, @colin carroll
I've been trying for month to get my new NanoControl2 to work with Kontakt. I don't need it for Studio One control, just Kontakt & vst's. No matter what I do, K doesn't respond. Already uninstalled & reinstalled per Korg tech advice, and a few vids that sounded good, but still haven't worked.

Can someone spell it out for me!? Driving me nutz & I really need to control new Spitfire Solo Strings, etc. parameters.

I'm on S1 4.5.3.

Rick Bell

WIN 10 Home
AMD 3.2, 16 GB RAM
Presonus Studio One 6
Presonus Studio 1810C
Faderport 2018
NHT Pro monitors
Yamaha MOx8
Line 6 JTV Variax e. gtr.
Fender Tele
Epiphone Riviera
Line 6 PODXT
Bellari 2 channel Tube Preamp
CAD Trion 8000 Mic
CAD Equitek Lrg. Diaphram Mic
Native Instruments Komplete 11
ADAT machines
various other stuff
by Trucky on Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:42 pm
Rick Bell wrote@Trucky, @colin carroll
I've been trying for month to get my new NanoControl2 to work with Kontakt. I don't need it for Studio One control, just Kontakt & vst's. No matter what I do, K doesn't respond. Already uninstalled & reinstalled per Korg tech advice, and a few vids that sounded good, but still haven't worked.

Can someone spell it out for me!? Driving me nutz & I really need to control new Spitfire Solo Strings, etc. parameters.

I'm on S1 4.5.3.

Give this one a try. It's not specific to controlling Studio One:

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?p=175026#p175026

by Rick Bell on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:36 pm
Thank you, Trucky! I've read through that thread before. So, you have a .zip file in one post. Use?
I've re-watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG76UEQ ... e=youtu.be

Was planning to really follow it this time. Do you think it's best to reinstall / plug in Nano again, to start over? Press what buttons when plugin in? Some vids said different. Select Nano to add controller or new device / Mackie, etc.?

Rick Bell

WIN 10 Home
AMD 3.2, 16 GB RAM
Presonus Studio One 6
Presonus Studio 1810C
Faderport 2018
NHT Pro monitors
Yamaha MOx8
Fender Tele
Epiphone Riviera
Line 6 PODXT
CAD Trion 8000 Mic
ADAT machines
various other stuff
by Trucky on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:49 pm
The device files in my original post are specific to using the nanoKONTROL2 as it was designed to control Studio One.

I'd recommend contacting the person who tweaked (pans) my version in the link I posted above.

by Rick Bell on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:53 pm
Will do, Thanks!

Rick Bell

WIN 10 Home
AMD 3.2, 16 GB RAM
Presonus Studio One 6
Presonus Studio 1810C
Faderport 2018
NHT Pro monitors
Yamaha MOx8
Fender Tele
Epiphone Riviera
Line 6 PODXT
CAD Trion 8000 Mic
ADAT machines
various other stuff
by Rick Bell on Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:51 pm
So. after watching JG's vid, I went that route. Had a snag in that in the controller window, Midi Learn button was missing, He told me if that was the case, it won't work.
Today I tired again, setting the Nano up as new keyboard & it worked. But the controls & parameters in Kontakt for one instrument, showed that it was working, but the faders on screen were glitchy & sometimes didn't move at all. also the Kontakt cpu would spike. Hitting mute reset it.

All seemed well, saved everything as JG said, reopened the song & nothing was saved. Kontakt was reset to my Yamaha keyboard as controller. Start all over. Save, Open. didn't save. Quite maddening!

Rick Bell

WIN 10 Home
AMD 3.2, 16 GB RAM
Presonus Studio One 6
Presonus Studio 1810C
Faderport 2018
NHT Pro monitors
Yamaha MOx8
Fender Tele
Epiphone Riviera
Line 6 PODXT
CAD Trion 8000 Mic
ADAT machines
various other stuff
by Rick Bell on Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:57 pm
Also, when I close Kontakt & then hit close song, S1 has frozen, each time. Task Mgr. end task.

Rick Bell

WIN 10 Home
AMD 3.2, 16 GB RAM
Presonus Studio One 6
Presonus Studio 1810C
Faderport 2018
NHT Pro monitors
Yamaha MOx8
Fender Tele
Epiphone Riviera
Line 6 PODXT
CAD Trion 8000 Mic
ADAT machines
various other stuff
by colin carroll on Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:44 am
Hello it is me again I admit defeat on this I no longer have the time or the energy to baby sit this.
I am back to square one, it no longer functions again. I have been through all the work arounds the Korg editor keesp saying it can not open the port.
I have edited the Registry I have installed re installed I have come to the conclusion that it is too much effort to maintain.

Now what do I replace it with?
I love the portible aspect of the NK2 and I like it's layout hany for controlling CC data when working away from my main rig.
Initial thoughts are the Sub Zero mini Midi Controller. Ido not want any thing bigger.
All recommendations greatly received.

Regards.

Colin.

Windows 10
Intel i7 4.20Ghz
Ram 32Gb
ATOM surface control
NanoKontrol2
by Trucky on Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:12 am
colin carroll wroteNow what do I replace it with?
I love the portible aspect of the NK2 and I like it's layout hany for controlling CC data when working away from my main rig.
Initial thoughts are the Sub Zero mini Midi Controller. Ido not want any thing bigger.

Regards.

Colin.

For portable small footprint devices you could try that or the Behringer X-Touch Mini.

by colin carroll on Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:23 am
Trucky wrote
colin carroll wroteNow what do I replace it with?

Regards.

Colin.

For portable small footprint devices you could try that or the Behringer X-Touch Mini.

Trucky.

Cheers for the suggestion I will give it a look.
It is a shame that NK2 has not been too robust software wise because it has been perfect for what I wanted it to do and it was versatile with regards to using it away from my main setup.
I do hope they can sort it out.

Regards.

Colin.

Windows 10
Intel i7 4.20Ghz
Ram 32Gb
ATOM surface control
NanoKontrol2
by colin carroll on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:02 pm
I did some more delving in the registry and I have managed to get it to work in mackie mode ie transport control etc but I want it to transmit CC data. As I have the Atom and my Editors Keys keyboard or even the Pad remote to run that I do not need another bit of hardware.
BTW could I transmit CC data on the pad remote or the Atom.

I will get somethng that is more reliable as I can not afford not.
It is a shame as it is a good bit of kit when it works.

Thanks for listening.

Regards.

Colin.

Windows 10
Intel i7 4.20Ghz
Ram 32Gb
ATOM surface control
NanoKontrol2
by ivorycj on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:58 pm
Sorry for replying to an old thread here, I'm hoping those of you subscribed to this one can help. I'm trying to do probably a very basic thing. I've been a S1 since the very beginning (used to be a PreSonus rep), and have at least a cursory knowledge of things. I've connected a NK2, set it up as a new control surface and have gotten the volume sliders to work as expected on my VIs. What I can't figure out is how to set the Record button to stay on (toggle) once I press it. The channel automatically shuts off once I lift my finger off the button. Anyone run across this before? Thanks in advance.

ivorycj :shock:

Apple OS 12.5.1 (Monterey), Studio One Pro v.6.5.1.96553
Apple M1Max with 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Mackie DL32R (studio) | PreSonus Studio 192 (live rig)
by Trucky on Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:15 am
ivorycj wroteSorry for replying to an old thread here, I'm hoping those of you subscribed to this one can help. I'm trying to do probably a very basic thing. I've been a S1 since the very beginning (used to be a PreSonus rep), and have at least a cursory knowledge of things. I've connected a NK2, set it up as a new control surface and have gotten the volume sliders to work as expected on my VIs. What I can't figure out is how to set the Record button to stay on (toggle) once I press it. The channel automatically shuts off once I lift my finger off the button. Anyone run across this before? Thanks in advance.

Please refer back to these:

viewtopic.php?p=153216#p153216

viewtopic.php?p=193880#p193880

by normanyoung2 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:07 pm
Just bought one these and it works correctly out of the box, with PAN and everything doing as expected, BUT I want to use the sliders to control CC values, and I've failed completely to manage this.

I would have assumed you should be able to edit this from within Studio One 5, but when looking at the edit page, none of the sliders are there, so it isn't possible to edit them.

I tried setting up a new CONTROL surface but that didn't work either.
Setting up as a Mackie Control didn't help.

Has anyone succeeded in using one of these to control sampled instruments?

86 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5