8 posts
Page 1 of 1
link.png

Could someone explain what it does? I can't figure out. What track does it linking?
by pawelhebda on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:02 am
any one?
by robertgray3 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:21 am
I had the same question as you when I was learning the MIDI Editor. Then I noticed this from the comment section on one of Quanta’s S1 tutorials on YouTube:

“This one had me intrigued. I spent a few minutes and found something. If you have the "Track List" open and you have two or more midi tracks going on, it does do something. With the Button on if you have the little white buttons for each track on it will just show the track selected midi notes of the track you select. If you have the button off and have several midi tracks with the white buttons on, it will highlight those midi notes of that track on top. Probably more useful if you have overlapping notes on different tracks. Also, depending on if the "pencil" button on the track list is on or off it allows you to see other tracks and only edit the one you want. You have to deselect the pencil track so you don't accidentally edit the wrong track. Cool little feature I didn't know was there.”

I don’t use the function much but maybe that helps?

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by phillipdixon on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:25 am
Thanks robert
I could'ent work that out
Cheers
Phill

S1 4 pro SCAN Pro Audio 3XSystem PC (dont know the details but high end build ,64g ram 9 ssd's
To many Spitfire.VSL. (amongst others) libraries
studio logic sl 88 and korg pianos and a ton of other
stuff that i just had to have
by Jemusic on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:28 pm
Nothing seems different to me with that button ON or OFF. Not sure what I should be seeing. This is on a Mac though. May be different on my Windows studio machine. Will check that.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by pawelhebda on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:36 am
robertgray3 wroteI had the same question as you when I was learning the MIDI Editor. Then I noticed this from the comment section on one of Quanta’s S1 tutorials on YouTube:

“This one had me intrigued. I spent a few minutes and found something. If you have the "Track List" open and you have two or more midi tracks going on, it does do something. With the Button on if you have the little white buttons for each track on it will just show the track selected midi notes of the track you select. If you have the button off and have several midi tracks with the white buttons on, it will highlight those midi notes of that track on top. Probably more useful if you have overlapping notes on different tracks. Also, depending on if the "pencil" button on the track list is on or off it allows you to see other tracks and only edit the one you want. You have to deselect the pencil track so you don't accidentally edit the wrong track. Cool little feature I didn't know was there.”

I don’t use the function much but maybe that helps?

Thank you - I don't know if this feature is usefull but good to know that is it for :)
by rogervincent on Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:57 pm
Hi All, I'm working in Studio One 4.6.0.55605 on Windows 10 and I don't see the 'Link Track Selection' button at all. Was it removed from the version I'm working in?

I've attached a word document with a screenshot of the music editor, clearly showing that the 'Link Track Selection' button is not present.

Can someone help me out?

Attachments
Screenshot_No_Link_Track_Selection_Button.docx
(38.48 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
by robertgray3 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:21 am
From reading the description of it I think it's no longer toggle-able now. My guess is everyone left it at its default and they cleaned it up. Perhaps as part of the noble effort to make Multi-Track editing capabilities easier and more convenient (they're getting there!)

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

8 posts
Page 1 of 1