44 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
I'm looking for a simple export raw files from Studio One but it seems both the Export Tracks and channels are affected by the mixer, I love the fact the options can export channels with reverb or as a mix down etc but I want to export the tracks as recorded with no inserts or fx or channel gain. In fact I just want to consolidate the files like in Pro Tools, so there is no processing of the file, just the raw tracks from bar 1. Studio One seems to take forever to export because it's mixing the audio out on both Channels and tracks.

The Export help saying to use tracks to get raw audio is misleading as it's going through the mixer. Or am I missing something here?
The only way I see it works is by removing all inserts, pans automation and setting the channels all to 0 before I can export.

Alan Branch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 11/12, Live 11, Izotope RX, Wavelab etc -
Mac Studio Ultra, 64GB RAM OSX 12.4
Unitor MKII /Focusright 18i20 - Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, Softube Console 1 MKII
by jBranam on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:03 pm
correct me if i am wrong... but if you are using midi you can 'transform to audio' and it will write the individual files to either 'bounces' or 'media' folder (can't rem) within the song's folder location. which i think is unaffected by any effects. also if you record audio in... it should write the files to a 'media' folder in the song's folder and last but not least... if you drag audio in when you close the project it will ask if you want to add those additions to the project folder and again it will place them in the 'media' folder'... i believe ALL of those will be unaffected. you just have to retrieve them from the song's folder location. cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by jBranam on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:07 pm
thinking... if it is midi and you have effects on the track already when you 'transform to audio' it will include the effects i do believe but i may be wrong.

i also think (not sure) that if you bounce or bounce to new track it will use everything in the chain to the out. so it is NOT what you want. cheers

p.s. again correct me if i am wrong ;)

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Tacman7 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:31 pm
You could just use the wav files, about as raw as you can get?

Presonus says about export stems:
The audio file includes the results of all Inserts and Sends on the Track or Channel. If
you don’t want the Inserts or Sends included in the exported audio, disable them before exporting.

----
Doesn't say master channel...

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by alanbranch on Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:36 pm
jBranam wrotethinking... if it is midi and you have effects on the track already when you 'transform to audio' it will include the effects i do believe but i may be wrong.

i also think (not sure) that if you bounce or bounce to new track it will use everything in the chain to the out. so it is NOT what you want. cheers

p.s. again correct me if i am wrong ;)

Thanks for the reply, I probably should have made it clearer, when I sayI need to export tracks this for use in a different DAW , it’s quite common to send tracks to a mixer for such a reason but all files have to start at bar 0 to the end. And be unprocessed, Pro Tools has a feature to consolidate all files,
Logic has a feature to export all files (without processing) ..
So nothing to do with MiDi or bounce in place, but appreciate the thought JBranam.

Alan Branch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unitor MKII /Focusright 18i20 - Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, Softube Console 1 MKII
by jBranam on Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:02 pm
nps mate... maybe someone else could use the info. cheers and good luck

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by alanbranch on Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:06 pm
Tacman7 wroteYou could just use the wav files, about as raw as you can get?

Presonus says about export stems:
The audio file includes the results of all Inserts and Sends on the Track or Channel. If
you don’t want the Inserts or Sends included in the exported audio, disable them before exporting.

----
Doesn't say master channel...

Thanks Tacman , well the raw Wav files are 32 bit and as tracks are not consolidated into a file not much use as an export, (see above explanation on export tracks from bar 0 to end)
Removing all inserts, sends, automation and resetting all channels seems crazy for an export it takes forever in a large project. I presumed I must be missing something.
But thanks for the clues I’ve discovered I can use bounce selection From bar 0 to end just like Pro Tools consolidate , and its not effected by level or inserts and then convert the project to 24bit then grab the wavs, rather than use export. Not sure if I have to do each track at a time but that’ll be easy enough to test.
Cheers

Alan Branch
by Tacman7 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:43 pm
alanbranch wrotewell the raw Wav files are 32 bit and as tracks are not consolidated into a file not much use as an export

So you want the tracks as recorded but you want to include any edits you've made like removing clicks or something?

Bouncing makes a new file, no inserts, in the bounce folder.

That would have edits.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by garybowling on Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:20 pm
Yes, bounce all the tracks, and make sure they are stretched to the start of the track so the bounce creates files that all start at the beginning.

Then click and drag the files to a folder in the browse pane on the right.

I do this a lot, I generally create a dir called RAW in the folder and drag all the tracks there. Easy and very quick.

gabo

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1x6Fd133GftlRyRYl0xgjf
by alanbranch on Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:48 am
Tacman7 wrote
alanbranch wrotewell the raw Wav files are 32 bit and as tracks are not consolidated into a file not much use as an export

So you want the tracks as recorded but you want to include any edits you've made like removing clicks or something?

Bouncing makes a new file, no inserts, in the bounce folder.

That would have edits.

Yes all tracks as they are edited as 1 file from bar 0 to end, this a common technique for passing tracks to record companies mixers, producers etc, they don’t want someone else’s mix so EQ, compression Fx, just the raw files as recorded and arranged. I would have thought Studio One do this as “Export” but it’s not the case and in some ways quite confusing, I bet a lot of tracks are exported like this to pass on, but this would not be as good as the raw files.

Alan Branch
by alanbranch on Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:51 am
garybowling wroteYes, bounce all the tracks, and make sure they are stretched to the start of the track so the bounce creates files that all start at the beginning.

I do this a lot, I generally create a dir called RAW in the folder and drag all the tracks there. Easy and very quick.

gabo

Ahh nice one Gabo, I had forgot about the drag and drop, that’s perfect. When you say stretched what do you mean? & can you all files at once like Pro a Tools consolidate? I’m back in the studio tomorrow so I’ll have a go.

Alan Branch
by garybowling on Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:47 am
alanbranch wrote
garybowling wroteYes, bounce all the tracks, and make sure they are stretched to the start of the track so the bounce creates files that all start at the beginning.

gabo

Ahh nice one Gabo, I had forgot about the drag and drop, that’s perfect. When you say stretched what do you mean? & can you all files at once like Pro a Tools consolidate? I’m back in the studio tomorrow so I’ll have a go.

Yea, stretched is not the right way to say that. They aren't really stretched at all.

What I'm really saying is that if you have a track or tracks that doesn't start at the beginning of the song, if you just click on the wav and drag it, it won't begin at the beginning of the song. Better to select everything or what you want with a range command instead of selecting individual wavs. Or optionally, you can insert audio at the very beginning (a click or silence or something) and then bounce the track to make the wav start at the beginning, then drag it.

Here's a good tutorial on how to do it with the range command.

https://youtu.be/kiC0-YlI8NA

gabo

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
by Lokeyfly on Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 am
alanbranch wroteI'm looking for a simple export raw files from Studio One but it seems both the Export Tracks and channels are affected by the mixer.

Hi Gabo, I didn't read all responses, but if you alocate the song by loop, or start and and flags, then export the stems using the tracks, and not channels tab. This avoids the effects. The tracks will still be post fade, as I've checked this a long time ago (v2.x and v3.x), but your tracks will still be effects free. You simply select the tracks you want to stem. Note: flip to the "channel" mode before you commit to exporting the track stems. Tough will have to deselect the channels, either globally, or one by one. It's default there is to select all, and you won't want that.

Now, Studio One version 4 on has the ability to import and your export I/O setups—great for mobile collaborators or users with multiple interfaces.
I haven't used that yet, but you may find its setup to PT also beneficial.

I'm also a long time PT, and Cubase user.
Hope this helps.

P.s. If you didn't want automation as a part of export, it wouldn't be a true stem, but a file move, and not necessarily any non destructive edit, so it could potentially be all over the place when trying to build from in another DAW. That would be simply taking files and moving them. Not very manageable. Best bet, and I believe what you want would be stemming by track only.

Correction: spellchecker went blooie, and I did not look, but I meant to say effects post fade (now fixed), not pre fade.
I'm my more current post (yesterday), I stated effects post fader, which is relevant there.
Sorry for any contusions. :)
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by garybowling on Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:07 am
Lokeyfly wrote
alanbranch wroteI'm looking for a simple export raw files from Studio One but it seems both the Export Tracks and channels are affected by the mixer.

Hi Gabo, I didn't read all responses, but if you alocate the song by loop, or start and and flags, then export the stems using the tracks, and not channels tab. This avoids the effects. The tracks will still be pre fade, as I've checked this a long time ago (v2.x and v3.x), but your tracks will still be effects free. You simply select the tracks you want to stem. Note: flip to the "channel" mode before you commit to exporting the track stems. Tough will have to deselect the channels, either globally, or one by one. It's default there is to select all, and you won't want that.

Now, Studio One version 4 on has the ability to import and your export I/O setups—great for mobile collaborators or users with multiple interfaces.
I haven't used that yet, but you may find its setup to PT also beneficial.

I'm also a long time PT, and Cubase user.
Hope this helps.

P.s. If you didn't want automation as a part of export, it wouldn't be a true stem, but a file move, and not necessarily any non destructive edit, so it could potentially be all over the place when trying to build from in another DAW. That would be simply taking files and moving them. Not very manageable. Best bet, and I believe what you want would be stemming by track only.

IMHO not nearly as quick, easy, and effective as selecting the range and dragging to a folder. But everyone has their way, so cool.

gabo

The Moderns,
by jcrakes on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:52 pm
Also, do a net search for Marcus Huyskens music website... he has a few good exporting vids on both effected and raw stems

S1 6
Win 10
16 GB RAM, i5, 3.2G
Babyface Pro interface, Faderport classic
Guitars, amps, keyboards, etc.
by mikemanthei on Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:09 pm
Lokeyfly wrote... then export the stems using the tracks, and not channels tab. This avoids the effects. The tracks will still be pre fade, as I've checked this a long time ago (v2.x and v3.x), but your tracks will still be effects free.

Did you mean to say " your tracks will still post fader"? I haven't found a setting that ignores fader position.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by Jemusic on Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:39 pm
Mike is correct here. Even using Export Tracks setting the channel fader is still taken into account which I feel it should not be. Or at least have the option to ignore the channel fader.

The only way I can tell to avoid fader settings (and FX) is to simply right click on an audio event itself and select Export Selection. This generates a carbon copy of the original audio event with no processing or level changes.

If you have got multiple events on the same track and you want to export all of them obviously they all need to be consolidated first then exported. (Still using right click Export Selection function)

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by mikemanthei on Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:30 pm
Jemusic wrote Even using Export Tracks setting the channel fader is still taken into account which I feel it should not be. Or at least have the option to ignore the channel fader.

Agree.. I would like that a lot.
I like the addition of the little button in the lower left of the main screen that shuts off all of the inserts and that helped speed things up. It even remembers your previous setting so when you turn them back "on" only the ones you currently had "on" return to that state. Nicely done. But setting faders to unity is a pain.

I did attempt to create a macro to put all my channel faders at Unity to facilitate a clean Stem export but failed to get that to work. Maybe someone who knows more about the Macro language could give a hint? I could just be bad at macros.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by Jemusic on Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:41 pm
There is one way to get all your channel faders to unity pretty fast.

Select all the faders you want to effect. eg click one, hold shift click last one.
Grab the fader that is the loudest of all of them
Pull this one right down to - inf. All of them will come down to - inf now.
You need to deselect all of them and then reselect all of them again.
If you Command/CtrL click on any of them they will all jump to unity.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Nip on Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:42 am
The tricky part with unity gain is that stereo tracks pan law lower it by 3 dB.
So import again will be lowered by 6 dB total.

So stereo tracks with pan in center maybe should be set at +3 dB - when exporting.

I think it applies to all channels, even mono ones, actually.

Or there is a stock plugins that has a selection of pan laws - that can be inserted to select the appropriate one - if called 0 dB or so.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***

44 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3