16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just noticed there a windows installer for presonus hub in my products.

This is the new installation manager?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by The Wombat Project on Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:27 pm
From the release notes:
Feature Overview
● Universal manager application for all PreSonus VST3/AU/AAX/Native Plug-ins
● Authorizes computers for use with PreSonus Plug-ins
● One-stop solution for installing and activating PreSonus Plug-ins
● Update checks to keep Hub and Plug-ins up-to-date
● Free VU Meter Plug-in available from PreSonus Shop
Known issues
● [Ampire] Spring Reverb in “Blackface Twin” amp causes high CPU load on certain systems
● [all plug-ins] Presets will not load accurately in Bitwig Studio while factory preset menu is open
● [all plug-ins] GUI will not display properly in Adobe Audition

So, it looks to me as being the installer for Presonus products to be used in other DAWs

W10, Intel Core i7 9700F (8x Core) @4.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, 32 GB RAM, FluidAudio SRI-2, Nektar Impact LX61+, AKAI MPK mini, Studio One Sphere
by Tacman7 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:50 pm
Thank you

I couldn't find out anything about it.

But I probably didn't know where to look.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Blades on Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:20 pm
I recently found this and installed the new Ampire as VST, which now shows and works properly outside of Studio One. Cakewalk by Bandlab now shows it and can be used. I still primarily work in Studio One at this point, but it's nice to be able to use these in another program.

So I noticed that my many Fat Channel plugins are also listed in the HUB and they are activated, and they work in Studio One, but I can't get them to show up in Cakewalk. Hmmm. The MyPresonus section and the HUB both indicate that they are present and seem to be destined to work this way, but I don't see them. Looking forward to thoughts (even though I am typically using the Console 1 stuff at this point as a primary).

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..
by sirmonkey on Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:15 pm
Note: The Presonus Hub requires Windows 10 and up. So, no dice on Windows 8 or before.
While I'm thankful that the Studio One 4.6 update works on earlier Windows versions, I sure
would have liked to use the Hub.
More importantly, now I really have to hope that my computer lasts a good while longer!

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by matthewgorman on Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:55 pm
So I noticed that my many Fat Channel plugins are also listed in the HUB and they are activated, and they work in Studio One, but I can't get them to show up in Cakewalk.

I believe that you need to reinstall for Fat Channel plugs for them to be used 3rd party. There should be an updated version from what you have installed.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Blades on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:18 pm
That's what I thought and tried but there is no difference. They show as activated as well, but there is no dll for each in a vst folder, as they are packages inside of the house plugin somehow.

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..
by cristofechabot on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:35 pm
there is no dll for each in a vst folder

Of course not. They are NOT .dll based VST2 plugins. They are VST3. They are located
where all VST3 plugins are located:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
by Blades on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:31 pm
"Of course not". Got it - but the point is still the same.

For example, I'm in another host, I have completely removed and re-installed both the Hub and the Fat Channel stuff. I have then reinstalled Hub, ran it, and activated the Fat Channel stuff.

When I look in the Plugin scanner on the host application and I select Ampire, I see this path:

c:\program files\common files\VST3\PreSonus VST3 Shell.vst3\Contents\x86_64-win\PreSonus VST3 Shell.vst3

There is nothing about Ampire there. It is somehow encapsulated in the Shell. The Fat Channel stuff is still not listed, but based on what I see in the hub (which looks the same there as Ampire does), they should be listed and they should have the same encapsulated path.

Thoughts?

Using:
by Blades on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:50 pm
I think I'm missing a certain ingredient: The actual Fat Channel XT plugin itself! Ooops. I guess I can't expect the addons to work if the main plugin that they add onto isn't there! :)

Using:
by leosutherland on Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:06 am
:D

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by jandziock on Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:30 pm
Just wondering, but... will Studio One also be available in the Hub software at some point?
by Blades on Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:28 pm
For anyone else who happened to be following this:

I knew I had the fix when I discovered that I didn't have the Fat Channel XT plugin itself, and THAT is why I couldn't get to the model.

What I didn't realize is that I didn't need to BUY this. It was already in my products - I just didn't know where to look. Then I got a YouTube popup telling about this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaKyTKB27wg

Which shows that the Fat Channel XT plugin is under the Studio One 4 product! Missed that completely. "Redeemed" that, installed in the Hub, activated in the Hub, and now they are showing as VST plugins in Cakewalk by Bandlab.

Good move Presonus - show us that you are worthy of us using the actual Studio One program rather than locking away our plugins as proprietary to your platform. This is a GREAT way to keep people - by giving them the option to leave. I wish more companies would realize that jailing customers is no way to gain loyalty. Sure, I am still going to use Cakewalk to do certain things, but this will likely make me stick with Presonus for the value it brings.

Using:
by BezowinZ on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:36 pm
jandziock wroteJust wondering, but... will Studio One also be available in the Hub software at some point?
This! When I 1st saw the Hub, I thought it was Presonus' new installer/updater. That would've been cool. But it seems to be just a way to get plugins usable in other DAWs. Is that correct?

I'll be looking to get access to Fat Channel in S1 tonight. Is the Hub the only way to do that?

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by jih64 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:28 pm
BezowinZ wrote
I'll be looking to get access to Fat Channel in S1 tonight. Is the Hub the only way to do that?

(May be misunderstanding but) No, don't think so, you should already have access to Fat Channel. Anyway I haven't installed the HUB thingy, and I have the new Ampire and all my Fat Channel stuff, I have no interest in having them available in another DAW, hense not installing the HUB.

For every Arthur C Clarke quoter, there is a know-all who likes to quote Arthur C Clarke
- unknown
by mattnewcomb on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:00 pm
If you download the "installer" for the plugin collection, you end up with a .install file. This is a zipped file, which 7-zip can extract. Inside you will find several subfolders, some xml pages, and the dlls will be in x32 and x64 folders.

However, manually extracting and adding these dlls to your vst folder and having your 3rd-party DAW scan for the plug-in (Adobe Audition CC in my case as I've been using it since it was Cool Edit Pro back in 1996, and it works in Windows 8.1 Pro), doesn't appear to work.

I really, really like my new PreSonus StudioLive III 16R, but the further into the PreSonus world I try to dig, I am met with an endless stream of obstacles designed to drive me away. No support for Windows 8.1, no voucher for Windows 10 or a new computer that already has it (I don't need Windows 10 for anything else, and skipped the "free upgrade" period because I KNOW Windows and the system-killing bugs each new version has), no access to older versions of StudioOne and other software that WAS compatible with Windows 8.1, and that's just the software side of things.

The hardware itself, while a dream-come-true for me (I've been searching for a rack-mounted mixer that was controlled entirely by computer and behaved like a DAW, but wasn't junk, for 10+ years), has infuriating limitations, not the least of which are MONO 1/4" outputs (these should be stereo for In-Ear Monitoring to preserve the stereo spread - and yes, I know you can merge 2 of them, but now you're down to 4 mono and a stereo pair. If you need 4 stereo pair because everyone in your 4-piece wants a different personal mix, which is the sole purpose of personal monitoring, you're SOL because you only get a max of 3 stereo pairs with the 16R.
"Well, there's always the 24R wink wink nudge nudge".

Or for $1700 extra I can add alleged stereo personal monitoring capability. And that's on sale.

The other hardware failure I've encountered is the lack of a simple 1/4" jack for a simple on/off footswitch, which I would use to turn vocal delay on/off as needed. But there's an ethernet port for yet another piece of gear that might do it, might not.

I did find a workaround using an A/B pedal, but it requires a free mic channel and a free 1/4" output. Fortunately I had one of each to spare.

The Zoom L20R has 6 stereo 1/4" outs for personal monitoring (or whatever other function you desire), and a 1/4" footswitch jack for effect on/off, records multi-track to SD card, not just 2 tracks, and it's about half the cost of the 16R, although the sound quality is admittedly much weaker (a problem I solved with a Focusrite 18i20 and OctoPre).
I had a 12-space rack with the L20R, the Focusrite preamps, and 4 4-channel compressor/limiters prior to the 16R. It was a PITA to carry, and a PITA to keep the three different 8-channel color-coded snakes organized, but I'm still weighing that against the ever-increasing annoyance with PreSonus right now.

16 posts
Page 1 of 1