StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
265 postsPage 1 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14
Is scribble strip color options on the list ?? Other than that great App and Mixer !! :mrgreen:
by ronron3 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:41 am
Good idea !
And maybe some color on the parametric eq dots so you can instantly see which of the 4 eq's you are working on
by DavidF on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:10 pm
douglasgrimm wroteIs scribble strip color options on the list ?? Other than that great App and Mixer !! :mrgreen:

Yes, please.

Some way to color code the UC channel faders would be greatly helpful.
by chelmer8 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:33 pm
A big DITTO here. Running on an iPad, the channel names are hard to see. Especially when trying to make monitor adjustment while playing at the same time.

Put my slip into the suggestion box :D
by john_kaufman on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:13 am
Throw my name into the hat, it would really help me keep track of forever roving wireless mics.

(2) 32R | (2) 328AI | (2) 18sAI | (2) ULT15 | (2) QSC K12 | (2) QSC K10.2 | (20+) Shure's & Sennheiser's - wired and wireless | (2) iPad 2017 | (4) iPod 6 Touch | (2) MacBook Pro | Full Ubiquiti WiFi Mesh setup | (1) Furman 20AMP Power Conditioner | Bunch of F34 Truss and DMX Lights | 16x12' Stage | (1) Box Truck and (1) Billion cables.
by wozzatpt on Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:50 am
I also agree.

Could i again shout out for another request:

Allow us to be able to save a scene in demo mode that openable in normal mode. That way we can pre-programme our shows on laptop/ and even ipads.
by seanmcdaniel on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:23 pm
+1 on the offline editing!!
by ronron3 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:29 am
I just installed the new firmware, seems that connection issued have been solved ! DCA funktion is awesome , especially on smaller screens . For the future requests :I would like a pre / post function on the metering and maybe someone could take a look at the inaccurate metering , maybe even slowing them down in response time could do the trick.
by idle77 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:01 am
How about collapsing stereo linked channels to one fader kinda like the master fader looks.
Would make less scrolling if you use a lot of stereo channels.
by SwitchBack on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:47 pm
Why not do it yourself? DCAs are at your service, and still allow you to go back to the two separate channel faders for balance.
by idle77 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:51 pm
I want my cake and eat it too! :-) I'm still on a legacy console where there is an option in UC to link the faders. This is also in the AI software as well. I just wish that when selected it would condense the two faders to one for less mess.
I played around on the Surface demo and didn't see an option to link the faders of linked channels. Maybe that is just a demo bug?
DCA's are nice but I may not always choose to work that way.

Also while we are discussing it did I see someone say that UC is going away and Surface will cover all of the AI line eventually?
by keithsyler on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:51 pm
I'm definitely all in on the offline editing...
I will add this as well:

After recovering from a period of tryptophan induced non-activity today...I sat down in my office with my trusty RM32AI nestled neatly under my desk in a SKB 4 space effects rack stood on end. I connected it to my office iMac and proceeded to update both and then reconfigured all 21 scenes with marvelous, new filter DCA's, and collapsed stereo inputs. It may not be offline editing but it's just a couple of connections away and much easier than just 5 years ago when bringing my 32 channel analog board into the office would have been technically possible but still a worthless endeavor because...well you know exactly why.
So now I fire up Capture, connect my headphones, and do some virtual soundchecks with 6 bands so I can play with THESE REALLY COOL DCA's and double check my work...barefooted in my PJs

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!!
by stingray1122 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:18 pm
Color coding channels - great request, it's on the list but I'm not sure what version it will be in yet.

Offline edit - this is also on the list but will take some time to get working well. It will come but no time frame for it yet.

Single stereo linked channel - this should be working in the latest version. It broken on iPad right now but we have a fix coming soon. FYI, demo mode won't show this because the mixer needs to be connected for the software to populate some features.

Metering - we're working on some update for the metering to provide more options and improved performance.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by pa24711 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:29 pm
How about double-tapping quickly on a fader to bring it to unity?

Also, I like how the preamp gain slider works vertically. Even if you can't see the blue level display, your finger position reflects the parameter change. But then, the EQ controls work horizontally, and your finger/hand obscures the parameter change. Granted, you can look at the EQ display for visual feedback, but I like the idea of all of these controls to work in a similar way.
JMHO

I Love the color-coding suggestions, both for faders and EX Q bands!
by mcpav on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:40 pm
"How about double-tapping quickly on a fader to bring it to unity?"

Already implemented on the Filter DCA faders
by PJK on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:07 am
Please:
Get rid of icons.
Mono and master fader take up too much space.
Move main, aux selector section up out of the way to leave bottom third of the screen for custom layout of channels, DCAs, fx masters, aux channels etc. with custom colours.
Make all slider settings vertical.
Include a little media player.
Mini Capture interface on a tab.
iPad interface is too small because it's too like the bigger interface, needs a change of concept.

Perhaps:
Keep fader size shallow until selected then it gets taller 'til you release.
I think this is the fundamental way to make this interface work:
When you are not adjusting something it is showing you it's state and can take up less space on a crouded screen.
Then when you need to adjust something, touch and hold, it expands and you adjust and release, it pops back to normal.
Can only guess what bright sunshine outdoors will do to visibility, fortunately I'm in England :)

Seriously though, had a studiolive 24 with ipad etc for 3 years, it's incredible what Presonus have done but I'd be struggling with the current rm interface and a bit worried there was no hardware mixer sitting there to turn to if I had problems.
Good look guys, you are doing a stunning job.
Last edited by PJK on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

StudioLive 24.4.2 - StudioLive 16.0.2 - Intel NUC Mini PC Windows 8.1 with thunderbolt, Apple Firewire Adapter - Acer T232H TouchScreen - iPad 2 - Linksys WRT320N Router
by dwallace on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:18 am
An option to only have channels being used in view without toggling through filter DCA groups like the Allen & Heath GLD remote mixer.
by stingray1122 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:05 am
Great suggestions everyone, keep em coming! We're keeping track of them all and working things into the development schedule where we can.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by chelmer8 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:12 pm
Pretty sure it has been mentioned, but to add as another user that agrees:

Provide a cleaned up screen for those using and iPad for a single (or paired) aux mix on stage. It would be much more beneficial to see more channels at one time than to see the darkened out main/mono faders etc. that provide no functionality.
by scottyltb on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:11 pm
I would really like some equalization on the tape input. thanks

265 postsPage 1 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14