AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I have had my Presonus USB for around 4 years. It has suddenly (overnight) developed a very prominent ticking/scraping sound through my monitors... Both sides.
I have tried installing the drivers on a new usb hub not shared w/ any other devices, plugged the monitors into isolated wall outlets to eliminate power being the issue, both to no avail. Strangely, when I plug in headphones, the ticking isn't present through the phones. Silent.
Could my speaker cables be bad, or is it the 1/4" outlet in the device that have failed? Need a judgement call from some other users so I can decide whether it needs replacing or not..

Thanks!
by cristofe on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:58 pm
It could be any number of things. Have you optimized your pc for audio production? Have you disabled wi-fi? Are you plugged into a USB2 or USB3 port? It could be something else plugged into that power outlet....it could be some component of your computer. Have you tried another USB cable? Have you tried using your audiobox with another PC? Maybe it's not time replace your interface.....but time to replace your computer.

That being said we cannot help you without a bit more info......if you will post your system specs (see my sig), we will be better able to trouble shoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what DAW etc....we can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please register your Audiobox and open a tech support ticket. They'll get you sorted.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by SaxmanBW91 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:42 pm
Well, I can tell you that it's not a fault with my computer. Brand new build that is only 4 months old. No problems but the continuous ticking + crunching noise from the Audiobox USB... The ticking gets louder the higher the main volume level on the device is as well...

System Specs
PC: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20 GHz / Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / 8GB RAM / Win8 x64 /
Audio Interface: Presonus Audiobox USB / Cubase 5 / KRK Rokit 5 Monitors

Edit: Plugged into a USB 2.0 port. Haven't tried a new USB cable, only speaker cables thus far.. Will give it a try.

Thanks for the reply.
by mwright137 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:23 am
[quote="SaxmanBW91"]Well, I can tell you that it's not a fault with my computer. Brand new build that is only 4 months old./quote]
Not to split hairs, but this is an invalid assumption.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by mblunt on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:48 am
I had the same problem and found that I had my interface too close to my computer as soon as I moved it farther away the ticking went away, you might give that a try.
by robertacker on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:51 pm
I've been having the same problem and everything of mine is literally brand new.

Asus destop:
A10 processor 3.7ghz, 8gb ram and 1tb hardrive
audiobox 44vsl

I've submitted a request plus gave them everything they requested and haven't heard anything back, I'm sure I'm going to get blown off.
by chris davies on Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:43 pm
It's all to do with a corrupt Audiobox/Asio file. I found this out because I was 'tinkering with settings' and messed things up for myself while trying to get things to work in Reaper.

Follow the below steps and they should resolve your issue.

01. Uninstall AudioBox software.
02. Uninstall Asio software.
03. Reboot machine and reinstall both, follow the prompts about restarting the machine after the reinstall.

The 3 above steps fixed it for me, hope it does for you :)
by idamariasberg on Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:56 am
I´m also having these cracking and beeping sounds on my recordings. The gain input level is also very very LOW. I don´t understand what the problem is. I´m using everything that came with the audiobox itwo. The XLR, the USB and the M7 mic. I cleaned my mac and updated everything. Still the cracking sound and gain problem wont go away. I´m using cubase.
PLEAE HELP US!!!!
by davidking37 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:39 am
I'm having the same problem as everyone else. A constant ticking when a phono lead is plugged into Mic/Line 1 or 2, I have tried a different PC , Power Source , re-installing drivers etc but still the same ticking which gets picked up on the recordings.

Dave King
by robwilson5 on Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:39 pm
I have had this same issue. The ticking is not recorded, but is a major aggravation while recording. I tried moving it away from the computer, and that worked! I also believe there may be basic connection issues -- check all connections. (I realize this discussion was 8 years ago, but soome problems just won't go away!). Happy New Year.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1