199 postsPage 4 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10
I think I'll wait for the next minor point release looking at all this, not things I want to tackle. Hopefully Presonus will give us a regression fix release soon.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by ronyona on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:22 am
I've upgraded to artist 4.6 and ampire xt was replaced with a really minimized version of ampire 3. is there a way I could get back the old ampire xt? I had project with amps that I don't have now. I'll probably upgrade to professional some day but i need the old ampire xt now.
by robertgray3 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:39 am
ronyona wroteI've upgraded to artist 4.6 and ampire xt was replaced with a really minimized version of ampire 3. is there a way I could get back the old ampire xt? I had project with amps that I don't have now. I'll probably upgrade to professional some day but i need the old ampire xt now.

I think what you're looking for is (FREE) called the Ampire Classics Expansion, not sure where you get it but its free and lets you access more Ampire capabilities in Artist to make up for the loss of functions you described.

As for the songs you were using Ampire in, just keep a 2nd installation of 4.5.5 until you finish those. Studio One is built in a way where parallel installations are no problem. You'll notice they don't keep a lot of legacy stuff around- songs are expected to be finished in the version they were created in when there are compatibility issues like this, that's why they keep all the old versions available on the site.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by BezowinZ on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:48 am
PreAl wroteI think I'll wait for the next minor point release looking at all this, not things I want to tackle. Hopefully Presonus will give us a regression fix release soon.
Yup!

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by bluesdelux on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:00 am
ronyona wroteI've upgraded to artist 4.6 and ampire xt was replaced with a really minimized version of ampire 3. is there a way I could get back the old ampire xt? I had project with amps that I don't have now. I'll probably upgrade to professional some day but i need the old ampire xt now.

This is from the Knowledge Base. It should help you get Ampire XT back more or less from what I understand. I haven't tried it yet, so I can't answers more questions.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... o-One-4-6-

Studio One Artist 4.5, 4.6, 4.62 and 5.2
Mac | High Sierra 10.13 and Ventura | Atom | Faderport 2018 | EZDrummer2 | Nektar 25LX+
by Steve Carter on Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:47 pm
I don't think I've ever used an Ampire preset (or Ampire full stop) in any of my mixes. Would I be right in assuming therefore that there would be no benefit to me or no point to installing the 'classic' set?

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by robertgray3 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:13 pm
Steve Carter wroteI don't think I've ever used an Ampire preset (or Ampire full stop) in any of my mixes. Would I be right in assuming therefore that there would be no benefit to me or no point to installing the 'classic' set?

Try it out!

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by bluesdelux on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:32 pm
Steve Carter wroteI don't think I've ever used an Ampire preset (or Ampire full stop) in any of my mixes. Would I be right in assuming therefore that there would be no benefit to me or no point to installing the 'classic' set?

If you've never used it, and I'm still deciding whether or not to move forward with the new version, I would say there's no benefit for you to install the classics plugin. If you're on 4.6 now, and needed to use Ampire 3 for some reason, you'd be starting fresh with the latest and greatest version of Ampire 3, no reason to go back in my opinion. Of course if you did want to go back to Ampire XT, the plugin would be there I would assume.

Mac | High Sierra 10.13 and Ventura | Atom | Faderport 2018 | EZDrummer2 | Nektar 25LX+
by sethstephan1 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:45 pm
I'm having an issue where a song mix session will start to play fine, but then it goes completely silent. The cursor keeps moving, but no audio is showing as if it's playing.

Then, when I try to update my mastering file in the project window, it gets about half way finished, and then just stalls and sits there.

I uninstalled it and re-installed it again and still have the same issue. Any ideas how to fix this. It didn't ever happen in 4.5...

S1 5.5 PRO
Dell XPS 8950 - Intel i9 - 64GDDR5
Focusrite 18i20 (3rd Gen)
Audient ASP880
by bluesdelux on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:02 pm
sethstephan1 wroteI'm having an issue where a song mix session will start to play fine, but then it goes completely silent. The cursor keeps moving, but no audio is showing as if it's playing.

Then, when I try to update my mastering file in the project window, it gets about half way finished, and then just stalls and sits there.

I uninstalled it and re-installed it again and still have the same issue. Any ideas how to fix this. It didn't ever happen in 4.5...

I’m fairly new to S1, so I’m not sure. Sorry. Sounds like you should put a support ticket in though.

by bluesdelux on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:13 pm
Maybe something is taxing the cpu? Have you noticed if the cpu meter is spiking or not when it happens? I get cut outs sometimes and notice the meter spiking but it resolves itself. It’s sporadic and doesn’t happen at the same spot and doesn’t happen often.

by sethstephan1 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:16 pm
@bluesdelux

I didn't notice it, but it did the same thing for 3 completely different mixes that have never had a CPU issue. So I doubt that's it. And if it is, it's because of S1 somehow.

S1 5.5 PRO
Audient ASP880
by robertgray3 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:40 pm
Oh I will bet $$$ that when this happens if you look at one of your buses or your master bus that "666" is listed in the Meter section with a red background.

That means the audio engine has become desynchronized. There are some more complex projects that in 4.6 now do this regularly. They are very complex so I haven't had time to figure out what individual routing/plugin/combination of factors causes it. It sometimes is a S1 issue (changing the operator to sine in Mai Tai used to do this), sometimes it's a compatibility issue where Presonus has to tell someone (like Softube in the past) that their plugins are causing that in S1. No idea which it is tho

All I really have time for personally is to keep an eye out on new songs to if it comes up just after I do or add something.

If your project is a little simpler then maybe you can figure out what's happening but yes there are two of the three songs I'm currently mixing that have this happen quite a bit in 4.6 that didn't have the same issue in 4.5. After I transformed a bunch of tracks it seemed to stop, but all that means is that some combination of routing or plugins was triggering it in my case. No idea if it was a sidechain routing issue, a stock plugin, a 3rd party one, a combination of the two, etc etc

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by sethstephan1 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:57 pm
robertgray3 wroteOh I will bet $$$ that when this happens if you look at one of your buses or your master bus that "666" is listed in the Meter section with a red background.

That means the audio engine has become desynchronized. There are some more complex projects that in 4.6 now do this regularly. They are very complex so I haven't had time to figure out what individual routing/plugin/combination of factors causes it. It sometimes is a S1 issue (changing the operator to sine in Mai Tai used to do this), sometimes it's a compatibility issue where Presonus has to tell someone (like Softube in the past) that their plugins are causing that in S1. No idea which it is tho

All I really have time for personally is to keep an eye out on new songs to if it comes up just after I do or add something.

If your project is a little simpler then maybe you can figure out what's happening but yes there are two of the three songs I'm currently mixing that have this happen quite a bit in 4.6 that didn't have the same issue in 4.5. After I transformed a bunch of tracks it seemed to stop, but all that means is that some combination of routing or plugins was triggering it in my case. No idea if it was a sidechain routing issue, a stock plugin, a 3rd party one, a combination of the two, etc etc

That's kind of what I was afraid of. I've been working on these mixes on and off for the last 6 months, I'd hate to have to start from scratch to figure it out

S1 5.5 PRO
Audient ASP880
by robertgray3 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:10 pm
Then finish them in 4.5.5 and start new songs in 4.6 :)

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by PreAl on Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:32 pm
Indeed. Why are you upgrading your software in the middle of a project?

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Black_Haus on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:04 pm
I just upgraded to 4.6 and have really only checked out the new Ampire so far, but man I'm really liking this version of it!

As a full on user of Positive Grids Bias FX 1 & 2 and Bias Amp as well as Guitar Rig 5 I'm really impressed with the new version of Ampire. It sounds really good with some of my Impulse responses from Lancaster Audio and OwnHammer. Right up there with the other Amp Sims on the market.

Well Done Guys!

Dell XPS 8930 - Win10 64-Bit i7 8700K 32GB RAM 512 SSD 2TB HD S1 2 Pro, S1 3 Pro & S1 4 Pro
HP Omen - Win 10 64-Bit i7 7700HQ 12GB RAM 1TB HD S1 4 Pro
Firestudio Project x 2, StudioLive 16.4.2, Audiobox 44VSL Yamaha HS8 & HS10
Roli Seaboard Block & Lightpad, Nektar Impact LX49+, Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Avatar, ADA, SWR

https://www.zeroempire.net
https://constantcollision.com
https://www.youtube.com/zeroempire
by bluesdelux on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:19 pm
sethstephan1 wrote@bluesdelux

I didn't notice it, but it did the same thing for 3 completely different mixes that have never had a CPU issue. So I doubt that's it. And if it is, it's because of S1 somehow.

When you updated, did you overwrite your current version?

by bluesdelux on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:24 pm
Black_Haus wroteI just upgraded to 4.6 and have really only checked out the new Ampire so far, but man I'm really liking this version of it!

As a full on user of Positive Grids Bias FX 1 & 2 and Bias Amp as well as Guitar Rig 5 I'm really impressed with the new version of Ampire. It sounds really good with some of my Impulse responses from Lancaster Audio and OwnHammer. Right up there with the other Amp Sims on the market.

Well Done Guys!

That’s good to hear! I really like Ampire XT, I got it to work for me using free 3rd party IR’s. I’m looking forward to using version 3!

by sethstephan1 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:05 pm
bluesdelux wrote
sethstephan1 wrote@bluesdelux

When you updated, did you overwrite your current version?

I did, but thankfully, S1 lets you DL older revisions and install in a different folder, so I’m good to go now :)

Hopefully the new version doesn’t have issues with new songs *fingers crossed*

S1 5.5 PRO
Audient ASP880

199 postsPage 4 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10