15 posts
Page 1 of 1
This happened last night while recording with some guests. I realized the issue a few hours after they left by disabling each Studio One service.

I tried disabling all plugins, even reinstalled studio one!

Disabling the Ara service is the only thing that works, but unfortunately it also means I can no longer use Melodyne.

The project crashes as follows:

It starts fine, and plays the track fine, but after about 1 minute, it crashes and goes into a 2-3 second loop making popping noises in the process.

Sometimes its completely frozen, other times I can still click on things and get visual feedback but nothing else. Only way to close the software at this point is with Task Manager.

Can anyone please advise on how to fix this? This is currently specific to my project file but its very bizarre. The issue began happening at 8PM, I use an online backup/restore service. I downloaded the SAME backed up project from 6PM and the project still crashed in the same way.

Basically the only way to make this work is by turning off ARA, but I will definitely need it for vocal edits. I also am now afraid this same issue may randomly show up in another project.
by Jemusic on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:52 am
Have you tried re-installing Melodyne. I have never had this issue in all the time ARA and Melodyne have been involved with Studio One.

Can you put your system specs in your signature. It will help us troubleshoot your problem a lot.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by ct17 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:10 am
Here are my specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-ITA4BKD
System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-7A66
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Default string
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.50, 4/6/2017
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer MSI
BaseBoard Product Z270I GAMING PRO CARBON AC (MS-7A66)
BaseBoard Version 1.0
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume10
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.387"
User Name DESKTOP-ITA4BKD\Chris
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 7.60 GB
Total Virtual Memory 19.1 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.66 GB
Page File Space 3.13 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
by ct17 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:16 am
Thanks for the quick response.

I reinstalled Melodyne but that did not solve it.

I also attempted removing all melodyne edits from Audio recording events, but the crash still occurred. Its very weird and only happens on this project.
by roland1 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:25 am
Can you name the guests, please?

[ See. I could do tech support. :D ]

I have also had a project or two get corrupted. But thankfully...now we have the all new and improved S1 4 data import function.

The simplest fix is to just go to "song" menu and import all the song data, events, busses, markers, etc., from the corrupt file into a new file and never look back. No, don't even wave.

That'll likely fix it. If not, there's always Studio One Alcohol—available from the Presonus Shop. :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by ct17 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:11 am
Thanks, I will try that when I get home from work.
by ct17 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:26 pm
roland1 wroteCan you name the guests, please?

[ See. I could do tech support. :D ]

I have also had a project or two get corrupted. But thankfully...now we have the all new and improved S1 4 data import function.

The simplest fix is to just go to "song" menu and import all the song data, events, busses, markers, etc., from the corrupt file into a new file and never look back. No, don't even wave.

That'll likely fix it. If not, there's always Studio One Alcohol—available from the Presonus Shop. :)

This worked! Awesome! Also learned about a useful feature in the process.

Thanks
by roland1 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:51 pm
Glad to hear it. Figured this would work for you. :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Lokeyfly on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:38 am
Nice Roland! Was it the bios chipset info, or the platform, roll desktop that allowed you to ascertain that fix methodology? Anyways, it worked!

I was hoping for the ribbon cable manufacturer details, only that info was not provided. :cry:
:)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by roland1 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:12 am
Lokeyfly wroteNice Roland! Was it the bios chipset info, or the platform, roll desktop that allowed you to ascertain that fix methodology? Anyways, it worked!

I was hoping for the ribbon cable manufacturer details, only that info was not provided. :cry:
:)

:D There's nothing quite as soul satisfying as a bit of snarky humor, is there. :D

I did suspect the ribbon cable at first. :p

by Lokeyfly on Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:53 am
Roland1 wrote: There's nothing quite as soul satisfying as a bit of snarky humor, is there :D

(Smile) - you gave very good advise! Lots of times, suggesting to relocate, or start from a new song, helps people work from outside that cunnundrum they're up against.

Yeah, I got a bit silly from seeing those specs. Hey, it's all good.

The snarky side is something if done right can be amazingly funny. Take Monty Pythons Flying Circus. Cleese is brilliant on that level. "I'm sorry, but you're being much too silly and you'll have to leave now".

His Fawlty Towers episodes (Basil Fawlty) are priceless. The way he'll speak cordually to someone (including his wife), then repeat in a low breath what he actually means.

Where would we be without funnin'.

Enjoy you're take on good humor as well!
Be well!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by jBranam on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:21 am
humor lightens the soul :thumbup:

so never take life too seriously... none will get out alive :readit:
Last edited by jBranam on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by redpeakaudio on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:22 am
I will have to bookmark this thread, because I have random project corruptions happening as well. Either it is 666 error, third party plugin crashing the thing, Virus TI bleep up or even one time, the Sample One was crashing the project.

Next time this happens, I will try this solution.

Studio https://redpeakaudio.com

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 (Kaby Lake)
RAM: Kingston 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz CL15
MoBo: Gigabyte B250-HD3P
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5
DAW: StudioOne 4.6.0
Interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 14
by roland1 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:43 am
jBranam wrotehumor lightens the soul :thumbup:

so never take life too seriously... none will get out alive :readit:

I am fully convinced that there will be a heaven only for funny people.

What you're witnessing is my desperate attempts to avoid hell. :D
Last edited by roland1 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

by jBranam on Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:56 am
:punk: amen brother lol if not there should be a special place for those that keep us smiling :) cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯

15 posts
Page 1 of 1