9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just upgraded from S1 3.5 to S1 4.5. The only option it gave to install the sound sets etc. was to my Audio Drive (D). I don't think that's where they should be. Shouldn't they go on my C Drive? If so, is it safe to drag them over or.... ?????

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by Tacman7 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:46 am
I think they can go where ever you put them. You need to tell S1 where you put them though.

Options locations tab I believe, check manual to make sure.

Found this:
If you have changed the location where you will be hosting the Sound Set libraries from the default location on your computer, which is by default; "Documents\Studio One\Sound Sets", you will have to go into the StudioOne software and change the Location of the Sound Sets scan file path from within StudioOne. This is available through the menu option "Studio One" --> "Options" --> "Locations" --> "Sound Sets" on PC. On MAC it is "Studio One" --> "Preferences" --> "Locations" --> "Sound Sets". Make sure that file paths matches the location you have set in the "Install to" setting

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by rodshort on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:59 am
The only option it gave me was my Audio Drive (D). I've always been led to believe that only audio files should be on that drive.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by mikemanthei on Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:36 pm
Nah... no such rules exist. Tacman is right... put them anywhere you want and then tell Studio One where to find them.

Personally, I put all libraries and sound sets on a fast SSD drive. They are the largest files you will deal with and the faster you can load them the snappier studio one will feel

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by Tacman7 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:07 pm
Real hard drive for recording over and over, SSD works better used like ROM.

From what I read...

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Jemusic on Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:19 pm
These days I think you need three drives. One for the C drive for apps etc and most plugins as well. Second for audio and a third drive for sample libraries and Studio One Soundsets. I have got over 500G already in my libraries drive and its getting bigger all the time!

Once you have directed Studio One Soundsets as well to the required drive, which is easy, future Soundset installs will also go there without asking which is what you want.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by BezowinZ on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:01 pm
Somewhat related question.

I will be installing S1 Pro on a 2nd computer. It will share the external drive with my main computer where I installed all content aside from what defaults to the main drive, like plugins/applications.

With Logic and virtual instruments, directing content to an external drive only installs samples there. S1 seemed to direct much more to the external drive than samples. With both my computers sharing an external drive, any advice for my 2nd install? Might there be a list of install items I should leave unchecked, for example?

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by Jemusic on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:43 pm
As long as both computers know where to look for the content and Soundsets. Once the Soundsets are told where to look, it should all work fine. Are both computers Windows? or Macs.

Not sure what you mean by Studio One installing more than samples there. It usually only installs Soundsets to the external drive. Other (Non Studio One) content needs to be manually put there. eg a third party library will usually ask where you want it to go, or you can direct it there.

Good idea leaving plugins alone and on your internal drive. But you may have to install some plugins on both computers to their internal drives eg two installs. Waves though only allow you to use one at a time though.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by BezowinZ on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:18 pm
Jemusic wroteAs long as both computers know where to look for the content and Soundsets. Once the Soundsets are told where to look, it should all work fine. Are both computers Windows? or Macs.

Not sure what you mean by Studio One installing more than samples there. It usually only installs Soundsets to the external drive. Other (Non Studio One) content needs to be manually put there. eg a third party library will usually ask where you want it to go, or you can direct it there.

Good idea leaving plugins alone and on your internal drive. But you may have to install some plugins on both computers to their internal drives eg two installs. Waves though only allow you to use one at a time though.
So, if I forget to uncheck a soundset, it will see they're already installed?

Both are Macs, iMac & MBP.

S1 defaulted to saving - pardon my ignorance of S1 terminology - effect stacks, saved instruments and maybe something else I'm forgetting, to my external drive. Based on my selection to install content/soundsets to it?

Yeah, I only want to install the S1 app & plugins as far as I know. My 3rd party stuff is already installed. I just remember a lot of boxes to check with the 1st install & didn't want to remove a necessary check or forget to uncheck something.

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT

9 posts
Page 1 of 1