25 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
I just got mine, and I have to say I was surpsised. Yes, I knew you can't change the mapping. There are ways around that. However, when you use a 3rd party drum plugin in Studio One, the Atom goes into keyboard mode, and only allows you to use 13 out of the 16 pads. With the huge amount of soft buttons around the pads, why would you use the pads as octave transpose buttons? Thats is outrageous. It's practiacally impossible to use this device as serious drum pads, and as long as this is not fixed, I will not recommend anyone buys the Atom.
by Jonnytheshirt on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:29 am
Its curious alright - no straight midi mode - mind you Maschine mikro mk3 (which I replaced with the Atom took a while to implement that.

So Maschine/Battery software when run has that awful keyboard mode - but when I'm running Addictive Drums 2 the pad is spread straight across 3 banks - which I'm happy enough with as the articulations are what AD2 is about. Have to investigate further - as just noticed this.

Apollo Twin Quad MKII | Octo | Studio One Pro 4 | FaderPort 8 Atom | Mac Mini MacBook Air | Komplete S49/A25 | Sphere L22
by benbowen3 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:41 am
I can't believe this is still not possible!

I have the same problem as the OP- I want to be able to re-assign midi notes (and ideally the LED colours as well) so I can use the Atom with any instrument, not just Impact.

Like the OP, I'm trying to set it up with Superior Drummer 3.

Even just a NoteFX plugin that remapped midi would be enough (although first-class support would be great)...

Windows 10 64-bit, Studio One 4, Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB RAM
by PreAl on Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:42 pm
Yes a drum map editor built into Studio One, like Sonar has (although it's UI is poor), is definitely needed.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by joannamutimer on Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:30 am
1st of Feb 2021, and the problem persists...

I have wanted to buy the Atom for some time, but I am about to give up. Against my desire, it will have to be a Maschine Mk3, which costs more(!) This from a long-time S1 devotee!

Come on guys; you are either missing sales, or you are making sales only to dissapoint buyers. This is nonsense.

Adrian

25 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2