StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I read the part in the manual - create a project, do this, do that, create a stereo channel, make assignments while NOTHING looks like the mixer manual tells you, because they're talking about StudioOne 2 instead of StudioOne 4.

But aside from the outdated manual, why in the world would I have to do this, just to get Youtube audio playback from the computer on Main?

And then, should you make the mistake of exiting StudioOne or UC, bye bye, there goes your sound!

I have a Soundcraft Signature MKT, where there is ONE SINGLE BUTTON on the mixer that I can to push to get that. And I don't need any software running on the computer at all.

I'll be super happy if somebody tells me, that what I've done was simply unnecessary and I just missed the correct thing to do...

All the synergy between software and hardware goes out the window, when the hardware becomes dependent on software from a different piece of hardware. Routing should be possible from the mixer. Otherwise, why not just get a much less heavy rack mixer?
by SwitchBack on Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:17 am
Let’s assume that your computer has a compatible firewire interface and that you’ve installed the StudioLive driver software. In that case the StudioLive mixer will show up as an audio interface in your computer’s sound settings, just like the internal audio interface. By selecting the SL mixer as your default audio interface apps like your internet browser will send audio to the mixer.

Then understand the difference between ‘normal’ audio interfaces and SL mixers: With a normal interface the computer outputs go straight to the interface outputs; With SL mixers the computer outputs go to the mixer inputs. So on the mixer you have to ‘mix’ those inputs to e.g. the mixer’s main outputs.

That’s it really. No Studio One needed.

PS. Make sure you use the appropriate drivers for your mixer. The classic mixers require the drivers from Universal Control V1.7.6 which is not compatible with all current operating systems.
by nielswoisin on Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:47 am
Ok, I got to this after reading your other answer.

Now I assume it must be a specific, older UC version that has to be installed. Which the manual doesn't mention, because nobody appears to have updated the PDF manual.

As for the mixer, yes, what you describe is what I expected - that I can route the computer output on the Console, without using any software other than choosing my audio output device on the computer.

But I guess since I downloaded the current UC software, that can't be done, because they removed the functionality for the older mixer, or did a completely new UC version from scratch for SLIII, in which the older hardware doesn't work or barely works? Guessing, because I did manage to get sound out after trying to follow the older manual on the newer software...

Maybe it is better to get hardware from a different manufacturer than the one that made your software. That way, the boundaries between PC and Mixer can't soften to the point, where you can't immediately tell clearly where the issue is...?
by wahlerstudios on Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:13 am
The download page of the SL 16.0.2 is always worth a visit. You find the "latest & greatest" here:

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... /downloads
by nielswoisin on Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:17 pm
Thank you!

And absolutely - once you know such a page exists...

When I registered this mixer - which did throw an error at first - my account page popped up links for software to download. I simply followed them, fully expecting they would lead to the correct software for the mixer I registered.

But that was not the page you just linked nor the software version I've just started to download on the page you linked!

I don't know what PreSonus would do without you :D
Nor me..

5 posts
Page 1 of 1