Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I'm french so sorry If I made mistakes when I write, but I will try to be understandable.
I purchased a Presonus Studio 2/6 USB 6 month ago, mainly for his headphone outputs (to correctly run my DT770Pro 250Ohms) and for his XMAX preamps. And I'm very happy with it. I work in my studio since 4 years, and I think I got a lot of knowledge in term of sound and studio, but maybe there is some stuff that I need to learn. One of theses stuff, are the Line inputs (or output, I don't know) in the back of my Presonus Studio 2/6. For me everything is clear in this interface but that, I still don't understand. I plug my DT770 in the headphone input, my monitor speakers at the 2 left and right speakers input, but there is stlll theses 2 inputs that I don't understand, Line inputs I guess. And in the front of my interface, theses buttons in the middle : 48V (ok its to activate the power I need for my condeser mic), The A/B button (ok it's to mute my headphone when I want to switch to my speakers, even tho I prefere the opposite, a button to mute my speakers), And Line and Mon buttons that I clearly still don't undertstand. I heard theses output in the back was for plug in Preamps or other amplifier, that I will clearly don't need. Maybe with these I can plug 2 more speakers? or headphones? That should be good for me, if it is possible to do it.
So here is my questions : When should I uses these 2 lines input in the back? It is possible to, instead of plug a preamp, plug speakers or headphones? And how and when I can uses the "Mon" and "Line" button in the front of the interface?
Thanks for reading, and sorry for my bad english.
by edramsey on Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:47 am
mohamedtahar wroteSo here is my questions : When should I uses these 2 lines input in the back? It is possible to, instead of plug a preamp, plug speakers or headphones? And how and when I can uses the "Mon" and "Line" button in the front of the interface?

On the back are two line OUTPUTS. You can use them for an extra set of monitors, or as an output into another piece of equipment for recording or playback. So, for example, if you only wanted headphones on the MAIN output, then put your monitors on the line OUTPUTS. Then in your software you could switch between them. You can also use them for an in-ear monitor mix for someone you are recording. (by using the cue mix functionality you can then use the A/B switch to go between two mixes).

The MON button on the front sends the input directly to your headphones. I use this when recording to remove the delay echo when I enable a microphone track for recording and monitoring in my DAW software. I turn off the monitoring enable button in the software and let my interface send the input signals directly to me. You will almost always want to use this button when recording a mic.

The LINE button on front tells the interface if you are plugging in something that is soft (a mic) or something loud (a keyboard, some effects units, etc.). If you are using something loud then turn on the LINE button.

Hope this helps.

-Ed

Studio One 4.5.4 Professional / Notion 6 x64 / Logic X / iZotope Neutron, Ozone, RX / Macbook Pro (early 2015) 2.9 GHz Core i5 8G Mojave / Glyph & G-Drive 8TB External USB3 / PreSonus Studio 18|10 USB / iConnectMIDI4+ / Presonus FaderPort 2 / Casio Privia PX-560 / Presonus ATOM / TC-Helicon VoiceLIve 3X
by alejandrosuazo on Mon May 04, 2020 8:37 am
Thanks, very good explain.

But I think the same, the a/b button need to MUTE speakers not phones, and the Mon button need a MIX knob to blend desired levels from my DAW and my mic.

Thank you.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1