7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I found that only the midi track can't be muted completely like the audio track. When I mute the audio track on the left side of the screen, it also mute the mixer console. That's what I want, but the midi track won't work like that. I have to mute both of the track and the console to make them silent completely. It's a kinda hassle.
Any ideas?
by Tacman7 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:18 am
If you are muting a midi track that controls an external synth you have to mute the audio channel where the synth come in.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by IanM5 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:05 am
Also, if you are using plugins/instruments that generate sounds on their own (like one of the various midi sequence generators) you may need to turn off the plugin in the instruments/effects window.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by jeany on Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:23 pm
IanM5 wroteAlso, if you are using plugins/instruments that generate sounds on their own (like one of the various midi sequence generators) you may need to turn off the plugin in the instruments/effects window.

Which means there is no way what I want. Thanks!
by Jemusic on Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:29 pm
Instrument track muting behaviour is a little different to audio tracks and by design. Good design in my opinion. Think of the track headers in the arrangement view as the tracks that are feeding into a virtual instrument. In some cases you may want several midi tracks feeding the same virtual instrument. And you will want the ability to mute any or all of them. Independently of each other. That is the reason the muting behaves the way it does.

The virtual instrument audio output channel that appears in the mixer is the one to mute if you want to shut off a virtual instrument completely. And all its associated tracks that may be feeding it.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by jBranam on Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:37 pm
i agree... i like the way it works myself. like was said i can have multiple midi lines feeding one VSTi and can mute them separately if need be without muting the instrument itself. just my 2 cents :) cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by sirmonkey on Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:38 pm
Thanks Jemusic!
I was having the same problem, and didn't know why the mute button wasn't working.
I didn't think of muting in the console. So I would just mumble a complaint to myself about
why the heck isn't this dang mute working, and then just turn the gain down temporarily.
Which worked, but it was a bit irritating! But now I get it :thumbup:

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1