48 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
bradtanabe wrotePlease help me!!!

how do i get rid of this empty space above the inserts tab? it is really weird. every time i try to snip it with snipping tool it goes away. i had to take a photo with my phone for you to see it.

thanks.

Hi Brad. Welcome to the forums. I wish I could help you. I went and tried to make S1 do the same for me but it doesn't so I'm reasonably certain it isn't user error. But I could be wrong.
One thing to be helpful for everyone would be to create a signature file with your system information so I don't have to wonder if you're on Mac or PC, for example.
Look in your User Control Panel, top left corner of this page, there's a tab or link or something to get you there.
I'm hoping someone chimes in because now I'm really curious about what's going on.
: )
Lisa

Dell Laptop, Intel Quad Core i7, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit, Studio One Pro 5.1
Rode AI-1
Audiobox 44VSL
AKAI 25 and Keystep 32 midi controllers
8-)
by zoheirmokeddem on Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:16 am
hi guyz , i have a question regarding S1 and the lastly added NI komplete kontrol integration :

I have a Komplete Kontrol S 25 keyboard , and the integration is nowhere near what's supposed to be , i understandit's not the exact same layout as the MKII , but at least i would be able to change volume , pan ect ...with my 8 knobs since i have 8 screens !! nope ? arrow keys also don't function ect ...

Please Presnonus , we are alot of 25 s users (schools ect ..)

Waiting for more infos on that

Cheers .
by Trucky on Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:10 am
bradtanabe wrotePlease help me!!!

how do i get rid of this empty space above the inserts tab? it is really weird. every time i try to snip it with snipping tool it goes away. i had to take a photo with my phone for you to see it.

thanks.

Welcome to the Forum. Are you having this issue with Studio One 4.5.4? To better assist you, please include your specs (see below) in your signature.

I'm not seeing the issue (gaps above the Inserts) you're experiencing. Here's how it looks on mine:

Please include the steps (or a short video) to reproduce the issue so we can help you further.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by shannonell on Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:34 am
Need help!

I just downloaded Version 4.5. I have been using version 3.5 without any issues.

Nothing works in 4.5. There is nothing in the "Open Settings" folder for version 4.5.
Been working with Presonus for a week with no resolution.They are telling me now to create a new user account and try to redownload 4.5.Can't believe all the trouble when 3.5 has been working flawlessly on my mac. They think something on my mac is not allowing 4.5 to properly install.

I need specific assistance from a mac user please with any good ideas to try. I am running High Sierra. Are the files there but just hidden? Or? I can believe no one else hasn't had the same issue.

Thank you!
by PerryD on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:45 pm
Since installing the latest update, I have had a couple (never before) system freezes. After leaving the system up for a few hours, it is unresponsive and has to be ended in task manager. My faderport 8 also seems to lose connection with S1. Reconnect makes it semi functional. Hoping for another update.

17-8700k 64gb ram Gigabyte Designare Z390 MB Quantum 2626 Interface Win 10 Pro 64
by PreAl on Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:19 am
PerryD wroteSince installing the latest update, I have had a couple (never before) system freezes. After leaving the system up for a few hours, it is unresponsive and has to be ended in task manager. My faderport 8 also seems to lose connection with S1. Reconnect makes it semi functional. Hoping for another update.

System freezes and losing connection with hardware doesn't point to an application issue (eg studio one app). It points to a hardware, Windows update or drivers issue (intel update, display drivers, universal control). I suggest you replace your cables, try different ports, update your drivers and optimise your environment using something like latencymon. You could also try updating your bios and firmware. Also make sure studio one is excluded from your antivirus. Other tools to use are process monitor and process explorer. Also check the windows event viewer.

Any further issues I suggest you create a new thread and/or log a ticket with support.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by dcumpian on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:45 am
PreAl wrote
PerryD wroteSince installing the latest update, I have had a couple (never before) system freezes. After leaving the system up for a few hours, it is unresponsive and has to be ended in task manager. My faderport 8 also seems to lose connection with S1. Reconnect makes it semi functional. Hoping for another update.

System freezes and losing connection with hardware doesn't point to an application issue (eg studio one app). It points to a hardware, Windows update or drivers issue (intel update, display drivers, universal control). I suggest you replace your cables, try different ports, update your drivers and optimise your environment using something like latencymon. You could also try updating your bios and firmware. Also make sure studio one is excluded from your antivirus. Other tools to use are process monitor and process explorer. Also check the windows event viewer.

Any further issues I suggest you create a new thread and/or log a ticket with support.

It could also be as simple as ensuring your USB bus doesn't enter power-saving mode.

Dan
by gregghart on Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:59 am
PreAl wrote

I would never go that far and say that system freezes, etc don't point to an application issue. That's actually far from the truth. There have been patches to fix things just like that. Not all systems are the same, and not all software can be tested with every possible configuration. In fact, software might work fine with a system, until that software itself is patched. The patch itself may be incompatible with something on the system, whether it was added by the user, or is inherent to the system itself.

I've worked for hardware companies like Diamond Multimedia / S3 for many years, and now work in Healthcare IT. I see this every day, just about.

So, don't say it doesn't point to a software issue as if it were impossible. It is possible.

He needs to file a ticket with Presonus. They will ask for logs, etc. They can help him determine what the issue is. Blaming it on the user's system is the easy way out.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by PreAl on Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:10 pm
gregghart wroteI would never go that far and say that system freezes, etc don't point to an application issue. That's actually far from the truth. There have been patches to fix things just like that. Not all systems are the same, and not all software can be tested with every possible configuration. In fact, software might work fine with a system, until that software itself is patched. The patch itself may be incompatible with something on the system, whether it was added by the user, or is inherent to the system itself.

I've worked for hardware companies like Diamond Multimedia / S3 for many years, and now work in Healthcare IT. I see this every day, just about.

So, don't say it doesn't point to a software issue as if it were impossible. It is possible.

He needs to file a ticket with Presonus. They will ask for logs, etc. They can help him determine what the issue is. Blaming it on the user's system is the easy way out.

You seem to muddled with applications and "systems". Whatever that means, I assume you mean operating system.

A PC freeze would NOT point to an application issue whatsoever. If it was an application issue (eg studio one) the application would be neatly terminated by the operating system itself (windows) and an error logged in the windows event viewer. In some cases you would have to terminate it via task manager, but it would not freeze Windows. That's because it happens on the application "layer". Google for a more detailed explanation. We have moved a lot further than (say) the days of Window 95 where there were no abstraction layers running.
https://image.slidesharecdn.com/windows ... 1429742606

Unresponsive PC's can happen for pretty much all other scenarios, often under the hardware abstraction layer. It could be an operating system bug, a driver, a hardware or firmware fault, power saving etc. No way does an application trigger an unresponsive PC or "freeze" whatsoever, it can easily trigger one through by accessing a dodgy driver or operating system command triggering a bug within the OS.

Finally if there was an actual issue like this with the application (specifically a Windows freeze, which I've already explained why it won't happen via app code) there would be a lot more people complaining about it here.

(Edited for clarity)

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Morticia on Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:16 am
PreAl wrote...
A PC freeze would NOT point to an application issue whatsoever. If it was an application issue (eg studio one) the application would be neatly terminated by the operating system itself (windows) and an error logged in the windows event viewer. In some cases you would have to terminate it via task manager, but it would not freeze Windows.

Microsoft doesn't agree with your bizarre viewpoint -

"Application compatibility or other software problem
If you have recently installed an app or driver and find that Windows is now hanging randomly, try removing the recently installed software. If you have a restore point saved before you installed the software, try running System Restore to return the system to a working state:"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... or-freezes
:readit:

For example; it's possible that a poorly coded application could cause disk device contention which would most certainly cause the O/S to hang or randomly freeze.

AMD Phenom quad core | 8 GB RAM | Roland UA-25 EX audio interface | Radeon HD 2400 Pro | Win 8.1 x64 | Studio One Pro v3.5.6 x64

"The queen of spades is a friend of mine, the queen of hearts is a bitch
someday when I clean up my mind, I'll find out which is which"
Gram Parsons
by PreAl on Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:53 am
Morticia wroteMicrosoft doesn't agree with your bizarre viewpoint -

"Application compatibility or other software problem
If you have recently installed an app or driver and find that Windows is now hanging randomly, try removing the recently installed software. If you have a restore point saved before you installed the software, try running System Restore to return the system to a working state:"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... or-freezes
:readit:

For example; it's possible that a poorly coded application could cause disk device contention which would most certainly cause the O/S to hang or randomly freeze.

LOL the entire article basically points to what I'm pretty much saying and you call "bizarre". Your example of "it's possible that a poorly coded application could cause disk device contention which would most certainly cause the O/S to hang or randomly freeze" doesn't make any sense.
So your mean an application opening a disk buffer and then forgetting to close it? Windows would handle it, and the very least it could be terminated via task manager. Competing for disk resources? Ditto. Regardless the application doesn't handle the disk, windows does, the application merely calls windows to open the disk (unless you are running Windows 95). It's all abstracted. Dodgy driver? Yup could freeze? Dodgy windows abstraction layer? Yes could cause freeze, patch windows. Dodgy antivirus that calls low level code (via it's own drivers)? Yes could cause freeze.

Oh and FYI:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-c ... o?id=14592

Regardless people are getting muddled and I think we are getting off topic here. Perhaps the admin wants to split this topic off the thread. Original quote as below (which talks about "system freeze" being ended via task manager which certainly is bizarre!).

by Morticia on Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:56 am
I'm afraid it is you that is confused.

Many times in my I.T. career I have seen poorly coded (i.e. memory leakage) or poorly configured applications not only make a server unresponsive for long periods, but also bring a server down altogether.

And yes, an application that is coded to make disk writes synchronous can hang or even freeze the O/S in the case of severe disk contention or in the event of a deadlock.

AMD Phenom quad core | 8 GB RAM | Roland UA-25 EX audio interface | Radeon HD 2400 Pro | Win 8.1 x64 | Studio One Pro v3.5.6 x64

Gram Parsons
by PreAl on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:06 pm
Are we playing who has the best credentials? I have a degree in computer science and have been in IT before Windows ever came on the scene, and have several jobs in silicon valley, I've done pretty much every job in IT out there.

Now we've got our pathetic qualification posturing out the way (I prefer to talking facts rather than stroking my own ego, it impresses nobody) I've asked admin to hopefully split this into another thread as it's getting off topic imho and it's becoming helpful to nobody.

by Morticia on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:30 pm
PreAl wrote ...
Now we've got our pathetic qualification posturing out the way (I prefer to talking facts rather than stroking my own ego, it impresses nobody) ..

So true to form, now you go ad hominem as usual.
'Talking facts' ? Really ? :?

https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/09/2 ... ng-system/

There plenty of examples of applications hanging and / or freezing the O/S out there if you care to look.
I believe it was your post that took the thread off-topic BTW.
Carry on, I'm done.

Gram Parsons
by PreAl on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:51 pm
Oh give it up... Moving on.

by PerryD on Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:04 am

I had the latest software and firmware updates for my Quantum, Studio One and the Faderport 8. I did not have the latest version of Universal Control! That seems to have fixed my issues. I had a fast reply after contacting Presonus support. Thank you!

17-8700k 64gb ram Gigabyte Designare Z390 MB Quantum 2626 Interface Win 10 Pro 64
by Bbd on Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:17 am
Glad you got that sorted!
:thumbup:

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by PreAl on Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:44 pm
PreAl wroteSystem freezes and losing connection with hardware doesn't point to an application issue (eg studio one app). It points to a hardware, Windows update or drivers issue (intel update, display drivers, universal control).

And there we go, glad you got it sorted.

by Morticia on Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:51 am
PreAl wrote
PreAl wroteSystem freezes and losing connection with hardware doesn't point to an application issue (eg studio one app). It points to a hardware, Windows update or drivers issue (intel update, display drivers, universal control).

Which according to Presonus own definition, is in fact ... an application :lol:

"When the Universal Control application is launched you will first see the Universal Control "launcher" window:"

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... l-Control-

Gram Parsons
by PreAl on Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:26 am
Morticia wrote
PreAl wrote

Which according to Presonus own definition, is in fact ... an application :lol:

"When the Universal Control application is launched you will first see the Universal Control "launcher" window:"

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... l-Control-

That's a bit like saying Windows patches and bugfixes are applications because Windows update is an application, in reality Windows update is an application that installs Windows patches.

Yes Universal Control is an application, it's an application that flashes firmware, the firmware was the actual issue here (hardware related).

48 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3