20 posts
Page 1 of 1
Cheers,
Just got a new Arturia Keylab, and it came with Analog lab as stand alone and VST.

SA works fine; The controller knobs and faders works fine, but when I use the VST version in a track, nothing works except the jog wheel and the left-right button; when in Analog Lab mode.

In DAW mode and MIdi mode, controls works fine, I assigned many of them to both general focus and specific instruments; but Analog lab won't give a flying bird about any of the buttons, faders and knobs.

Is this a known issue with Analog lab VST with Studio one? Should I file a support ticket to S1 team to let them know, or is is already known? Thanks

Studio One 4 on Windows 10
Interfaces:
Scarlett 18i8 + iConnect Midi4+
Hardware:
- Yamaha Modx
- Korg Minilogue XD
- Roland JU-06A
- Roland Integra-7
- Roland Jupiter XM
- Modal Argon-8
- ipad Pro
Controllers:
- Arturia Keylab MK2
- Korg NanoKontrol Studio
by RoMe on Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:00 pm
My KeyLab MK II works fine here (MacOS). You haven't specified which KeyLab version and which OS you are using. Maybe it helps if I share my settings.

The KeyLab MKII adds two MIDI ports when it is connected to the computer. One is dedicated to the keyboard side of things (including Analog Lab) and the other one is exclusive to DAW control.

So I have added a generic keyboard that is connected to the "KeyLab mk II MIDI" port (input and output) and a Mackie Control that is connected to the "KeyLab mk II DAW". And that's it.

I think that the MKI version is very similar, just the names will change. Windows might use different names too.
by FC-2 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:17 pm
Thanks RoMe;
I also have the MK2; I run on Windows 10.

I did drag and drop the VST analog lab on a track; it did import it right; and the Keylab MK2 is correctly selected as device in the VST dropdown.
In Studio one I did add 2 devices for the Keylab: one is a keyboard, where I mapped all the controls in Midi mode with CC commands (I created a specific profile and saved it on the MK2), and another as Mackie controller, for the DAW controls (I did watch a youtube video to set this up).

DAW controls works fine when I am in DAW mode; the issue seems to happen only when I use the MK2 in analog lab mode, while I have analog lab VST in a track.
I noticed the same issue with Komplete Kontrol: in standalone mode the knobs on the MK2 works and can be midi assigned to KK, but when I load KK as plugin in S1, none of the knobs works.

I thought it is a problem with my keyboard, but it works in standalone mode; so I guess somehow, S1 is the issue here. The controls are read by S1 if I move them, while in midi mode, but of course it can't read them in Analog lab mode, so I have no way to check what is going on, because it is not a simple midi CC command that get sent, when in analog lab mode.

Interfaces:
Hardware:
- Yamaha Modx
- Korg Minilogue XD
- Roland JU-06A
- Roland Integra-7
- Roland Jupiter XM
- Modal Argon-8
- ipad Pro
Controllers:
- Arturia Keylab MK2
by Lokeyfly on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:40 pm
I remember an install snag as well. Make sure you loaded all of the Arturia software. There's a main page for d'loading  at their site where you'll load that for the MkII In particular. Then, when I opened S1, everything was working fine. Initially, by trying to load things separately, it didn't work for me either. Sorry, I can't remember those details, but loading the bundle allowed the Analog Lab portion to work, and be seen as Analoglab 4 in Studio One.

Pretty sure it's in the downloads and manuals section. Make sure you install the Keylab MKII version, specifically for the one you have, be it 49, 61, or 88 first, then open S1. Then look at your instruments section. For Analog Lab MkII.
https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

Yes, without doing this, standalone will work, but don't go by that. It's an Arturia followed by S1 sequence that will get things going.

To a fault imo, Arturia has too many download links on their manuals & downloads page. Add to that, details about install a bit sketchy to get up and running with S1. Sure, its all in one place, but its a messy drawer. Btw, I let them know it! Don't worry, once installed, it's smooth sailing from there on out.

P.s. I see from past notes I installed within the "software center" which allowed it to work, and see software license visible.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by FC-2 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:07 pm
Thanks; I went through your comment and realized that there is a gotcha.

The Keylab is not using 3 different modes but 2. In S1, you can assign the keyboard controls (keybed plus most of the buttons and pads), when in user mode; to a keyboard device; while for DAW mode you need to bind the midi keylab device, to a mackie controller, to have access to the DAW controls.

Although, the Analog lab button, is not a separate mode, but a template for User mode. Sounds weird, and it is :) So Arturia sell you the Analog lab as template; not as stand-alone mode; because when you are in Analog lab mode, the keyboard is sending CC messages. Similar to what a Native instruments Komplete Kontrol would do.

This has the downside to conflict with User mode; so the reason why Analog lab does not work as VST is purely because of the midi CC assignments. I am trying to find out which CC ID are used in Analog lab, so I can avoid to assign them in User mode; and that should take care of the issue.

I assumed that the Analog lab was a 1:1 mapping of the software with the keylab; but instead, it is a simple CC midi mapping; they could save the hassle to make it a button to be honest, but it is not a big deal. The hard part is just to find out what conflicts with Analog lab, and avoid to use those CC ID.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Interfaces:
Hardware:
- Yamaha Modx
- Korg Minilogue XD
- Roland JU-06A
- Roland Integra-7
- Roland Jupiter XM
- Modal Argon-8
- ipad Pro
Controllers:
- Arturia Keylab MK2
by Lokeyfly on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:37 am
Similar to this thread you made, I'll just link what I stated.
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=36333&p=213970#p213970

Just another trip along the journey, but have both a look at the MIDI symbol in S1 at bottom left, along with the analog lab manual for creating and learning parameters with AL, and Keylab and other controller usage (with Analog Lab).

Yeah, Keylab seems similar to NI's controller in creating a sort of template. Probably due to dancing around the existing MIDI and HUI protocol. Novation also similar.

I got to where I accept some virtual limitations of MIDI focus and mapping, and use things where they will work mostly withing a song, or globally for the plugins I use the most (mostly channel strips, like Waves SSL, and Omni Channel). But also on many synth samplers from NI and eslewhere, particularly with automation. Then use Keylab for many of the instruments V Collection. For that, I have found the Labview template, to be a good starting point.

There are some inherent compromises with each controller, be it with what DAW is being used, or the controller itself. The FP has ironed out a lot of the workflow conundrums as well.

Tip: with Keylab:
Remember to apply "pickup" to your faders, instead of "Jump" which was the default setting. You can adjust that in your global settings. This applies to faders reacting to your mixer. Jump mode could be just plain dangerous when used with a mixer. So be sure your Keylab is latching to fader volume and not jumping.

I'll be working on some songs today, and dive into some of what you spoke on, so I'll confirm your points. Sounds correct.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by FC-2 on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:08 pm
Thanks; it is mostly a matter to learn what each controller can do, and work around its limitations.

Probably we will never see a day when a controller will be totally compatible with multiple DAW; so until that time; at least I hope I will be able to enjoy a better workflow with a controller that let me be creative and efficient :)

Interfaces:
Hardware:
- Yamaha Modx
- Korg Minilogue XD
- Roland JU-06A
- Roland Integra-7
- Roland Jupiter XM
- Modal Argon-8
- ipad Pro
Controllers:
- Arturia Keylab MK2
by CPhoenix on Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:54 pm
I just purchased a KeyLab mkii as well and ran into similar issues as well.

Controls were working perfectly in standalone mode, but none of my controls were working for Analog Lab VST. Also, I can not see category/presets on the keyboard. Both of these seemed to be working perfectly as a VST in S1 when I first first got the board, but they stopped working somehow.

I fixed my issue with the controls. It took me an hour to realize that they stopped working AFTER I midi-learned all of my buttons for User Mode! When I deleted the midi learn, all the sudden the controls began working again, one by one

Unfortunately, I have not fixed the issue with not seeing category/presets on the hardware as you scroll through. I feel like that worked when I first installed it as well, but I can't figure out if it's a bug or if I did something to break that communication. I will report back if I figure that out.

Fortunately.. Analog Lab controls do work pretty well, so I'm happy about that.

Win 8.1 x64 // i7 3930K (@ 4.2GHz) // Samsung Pro 512GB // 500GB SSD (via Raid 0) // 32GB RAM // MSI X79a GD45 Plus mobo

DAW(s): Studio One v3 // Maschine Studio // Reason 7
Plugs: UAD 2 Quad, Klanghelm, Toneboosters, Soundtoys, others
Instr.: a lot of stuff

RME UCX // SM7b // Warm Audio Tonebeast12 & WA76 // Black Lion Audio Sparrow Red ADC // FMR RNLA // Korg Kaossilator Pro // Yamaha Motif XS Rack // Akai Advance 61 // Sennheiser HD 650 // Korg MicroKey 25 // Presonus Faderport // Contour Designs Shuttle Pro
by CPhoenix on Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:53 am
Guys guess what.... everything works now!

Arturia customer support actually guided me on how to fix the issue with the keyboard communicating with Analog Lab VST. I can now see the category/presets on the keyboard and scroll through them as intended!

The trick is... when setting up the keyboard as an external device, you have to select "Not connected" for the "Send to". The problem was... I was selecting the keylab midi driver for "Send to"... and THAT is actually what blocks communication between the board and the software.

Also.. make sure you have no filters selected... b/c that will block communication as well.

So.... FIIIXXXEEDDD!!! This is officially the best midi controller on the market now in my opinion. It's working flawlessly with S1.

I'm Windows 10, btw.

Win 8.1 x64 // i7 3930K (@ 4.2GHz) // Samsung Pro 512GB // 500GB SSD (via Raid 0) // 32GB RAM // MSI X79a GD45 Plus mobo

DAW(s): Studio One v3 // Maschine Studio // Reason 7
Plugs: UAD 2 Quad, Klanghelm, Toneboosters, Soundtoys, others
Instr.: a lot of stuff

RME UCX // SM7b // Warm Audio Tonebeast12 & WA76 // Black Lion Audio Sparrow Red ADC // FMR RNLA // Korg Kaossilator Pro // Yamaha Motif XS Rack // Akai Advance 61 // Sennheiser HD 650 // Korg MicroKey 25 // Presonus Faderport // Contour Designs Shuttle Pro
by Lokeyfly on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:12 am
Hi CPheonix,
Sorry, i caught your post late, but glad you got it sorted.
Congrats on your Arturia MKII! Super choice!

Heres a miner tip, as it could be a.potential "gotcha" if you happen to set your global settings incorrectly.

Both in DAW Mode, and User mode,(8.16 of the User manual) be sure to set your fader modes as:

Fader Mode: This setting changes how KeyLab mkII’s faders react within your recording software. The two fader settings available are:
Pickup: the fader in your DAW will not move untill the fader position on your controller crosses the current DAW fader position.
Jump: the fader in your DAW will jump immediately to the current position of the fader on your controller as soon as it is moved, and follow its movement from there.

I think you'll find the pickup selection best, and your Keylab will see the parameter setting once you come back to it from another bank, where you may have moved that fader to some other position. It will engage, once you move that fader past the position as shown on screen. This eliminates the possibility of a fader jumping, which could really blow your mix (or your brains out whichever comes first) in the case of volume or fader levels were set at a high position.

Both settings have their advantages, but Arturia thought enough to allow you to pick which mode you prefer those settings.

The default is "pickup", but just making you aware. Remember, to check both the DAW, and the User modes as they both have this ability independently.

CPhoenix wrote: This is officially the best midi controller on the market now in my opinion. It's working flawlessly with S1.

LOL. Well, I'm with you, my friend. As far as Keyboard controllers go, it's dynamite. Extremely well built, very logically laid out, and "mode" designed, top notch feel, and CV external expansion. It's only lesser than feature is its LED display (sort of a 1990's affair), but quite honestly, there's still enough essential feedback with the indicator as is.

Enjoy it! :+1

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by johndanks on Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:04 am
I have this problem with Analogue lab 5 now but version 4 works fine.

I found the send to box's(external devices) were used and have changed to none but still no control with my faders or knobs on the keylab 61 mkII

Again standalone version works fine.

Does anybody else have this problem as it looks like a compatibility issue with studio one and Analogue lab 5?

Windows 10 64bit 19041
desktop pc 32gb ram
I7 9700k
M2.2 250gb
M2.2 1TB
2gb disk drive
rtx2070 48" samsung ultra wide

studio one 5.2 pro
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen

Guitars(elec/acoustic 6/12 string)
sire v7 bass
Arturia keylab 61 mkII
Yamaha HS-5 montors
Beyerdynamic dt 990 pro h/ps
Audio technika ath-m50 h/ps
rode nt1-a shure 57 mic's

by Tacman7 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:11 am
I installed version 5 and seems to be working ok in 5.2.

Maybe some pics of the send box you're talking about?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by johndanks on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:48 am
Tacman7 wroteI installed version 5 and seems to be working ok in 5.2.

Are you using a keylab 61 mk2 too?

Windows 10 64bit 19041
desktop pc 32gb ram
I7 9700k
M2.2 250gb
M2.2 1TB
2gb disk drive

studio one 5.2 pro

sire v7 bass
Arturia keylab 61 mkII
Yamaha HS-5 montors

by johndanks on Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:05 am
johndanks wrote

Windows 10 64bit 19041
desktop pc 32gb ram
I7 9700k
M2.2 250gb
M2.2 1TB
2gb disk drive

studio one 5.2 pro

sire v7 bass
Arturia keylab 61 mkII
Yamaha HS-5 montors

by Tacman7 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:28 am
Sorry I thought you were saying the plugin didn't run but this is about the keyboard not connecting like it used to.

So the transport and everything works in AL4 but not in AL5?

I'll have to play around with that. I have an impact keyboard. All the buttons work, I'll see if it works in 5.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by johndanks on Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:51 am
Tacman7 wroteSorry I thought you were saying the plugin didn't run but this is about the keyboard not connecting like it used to.

I'll have to play around with that. I have an impact keyboard. All the buttons work, I'll see if it works in 5.

WORKING NOW! both A lab versions 4&5

I factory reset keylab then deleted the external device list, then re-entered settings for keyboard and Mackie control settings.

Thank you.

Windows 10 64bit 19041
desktop pc 32gb ram
I7 9700k
M2.2 250gb
M2.2 1TB
2gb disk drive

studio one 5.2 pro

sire v7 bass
Arturia keylab 61 mkII
Yamaha HS-5 montors

by Tacman7 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:57 am
Yeah the knobs control some voice parameters in v5.

Glad you got it sorted!

Forum Moderator.

by Lokeyfly on Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:57 am
johndanks wrote

Same as Tacman7, no issue with Analog Lab 5. I had to re load on a new computer. No issue doing that.

I have Arturia's Keylab MkII 49.
Come to think of it, Analog Lab is fine, along with the V Collection. But I have to install the Keylab MkII on the new computer, so I'll let you know later how that goes.

On my S1 4.6, everything is fine. I'll compare.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:03 am
johndanks wrote
Tacman7 wroteSorry I thought you were saying the plugin didn't run but this is about the keyboard not connecting like it used to.

WORKING NOW! both A lab versions 4&5

I factory reset keylab then deleted the external device list, then re-entered settings for keyboard and Mackie control settings.

Thank you.

Ok good. You got it sorted. I do remember once having to perform a reset. I had remapped a bunch of encoders and could not get Analog Lab control back until after resetting.

Good to hear it's working.

I'll be installing the MKII tonight as well.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:17 pm
Hooked up Keylab MkII without a squeak.

Enjoy Analog Lab and your keylab MkII!

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

20 posts
Page 1 of 1