24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
So I briefly got excited by the prospect of "10 Days of Giveaways" to celebrate 10 years of Studio One.

https://blog.presonus.com/index.php/201 ... giveaways/

Then I read the details.

First, apart from the last day, the daily giveaway is a copy of Studio One Pro. That's not much use to a fair chunk of the potential entrants because they will already have it.

Second, you have to create and post a short video. Presonus don't make video products - they make music products, and I don't make videos - I make music, so it's an odd choice for them to have made.
So, my initial excitement faded away quite quickly. I'll stop whinging now... :roll:

Best of luck to those who do enter! :+1

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by bartbalint on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:59 am
And a huge turnoff is that one of the requirements is to follow Presonus on Instagram and Facebook. Sorry, but I won’t be shouting to others about this celebration! Oops! Maybe I just did?!! :thumbdown:

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by gregghart on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:10 am
I sure wouldn't mind the FP16 and monitors though.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by jBranam on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:02 pm
yeah i agree... would like the controller or monitors but fork the requirements. it made me laugh :P

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by jggiano on Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:49 pm
The giveaways should be available to ALL Studio One and Presonus customers. Don't limit it to Instagram and Facebook users.

Windows 10
StudioOne 4 Pro
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL
Korg Krome 61
Ensoniq MR61
Korg MicroStation
Akai MPK mini
by mikemanthei on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:25 pm
Unless of course the whole purpose of the giveaway is to generate visibility on Instagram and Facebook...

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by kenstrahl on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:35 pm
jggiano wroteThe giveaways should be available to ALL Studio One and Presonus customers. Don't limit it to Instagram and Facebook users.

Agreed. I would have entered except I don't use Instagram. Something like this is usually handled by giving an extra entry for each social media you post on, not requiring a person to post on multiple specified sites in order to enter.

Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 250 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Keystaton 61 Studio1 4, DP9, Mixcraft 8; EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
by jBranam on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:42 pm
Heaven forbid giving back to the community lol

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Nip on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:40 pm
I wouldn't even bother reading the terms for signing up on those platforms required - for a chance to possibly win something I don't need or want.

But wish Presonus all the deserved exposure for made the 10 year mark of StudioOne.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by roland1 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:48 am
This is not about generosity, it's about marketing.

What is meant to seem like a celebration is just using celebratory language to obscure another push to advertise and sell products.

As for the contest, if you create a good video, it can be used to sell their product — or keep us engaged with the website.

If you talk about their product on social media, it helps to advertise their products — and makes them seem that much more popular. (Woohoo! I have "likes.")

We have to realize that this is not about us but instead it's only using us to sell more products by attracting us with — here's the big reveal — a "FREE" giveaway to make us do this part of the advertising for them.

You want a better review, Presonus? Then enter all of us in a draw, no selfish strings attached.

Right now, this stinks of exploitation. And, as others have mentioned - why would I need ANOTHER copy of S1 Pro?

Just my opinion. None of this may be true. ( Yeah, right, Roland. You're lying now. :D )

[Please reserve the immediate post below for someone to debunk me.]

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by BobF on Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:26 am
roland1 wroteThis is not about generosity, it's about marketing.

It's true!!

But isn't this the way of the [First] World? And hasn't it been for a Very Long Time?

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by garyshepherd on Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:53 am
roland1 wroteThis is not about generosity, it's about marketing.

I remember when I complained about offering CTC-1 to new users for free, several people took issue with me for complaining - saying it was fine for Presonus to do this. This seems no different a strategy.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Studio One 6.6 Professional Minus (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.3, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by roland1 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:14 am
BobF wrote
roland1 wroteThis is not about generosity, it's about marketing. ...

It's true!!
But isn't this the way of the [First] World? And hasn't it been for a Very Long Time?

Yeah. But sometimes I wish we could get a little reprieve from all of that - like finding a friend who doesn't want to exploit you; or having someone in your life you can actually trust.

To me, it just adds to the spiritual pollution of self-interest that surrounds us in our daily lives, whether or not it's been this way for a very long time.

That's also why genuine generosity stands out so much - because it's far too rare.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by mikemanthei on Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:24 am
roland1 wroteTo me, it just adds to the spiritual pollution of self-interest that surrounds us in our daily lives <snip>That's also why genuine generosity stands out so much - because it's far too rare.

This really hit home with me. *sniff*
Do you need a friend Roland? I'll be your friend!

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by IanM5 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:46 am
mikemanthei wrote
roland1 wroteTo me, it just adds to the spiritual pollution of self-interest that surrounds us in our daily lives <snip>That's also why genuine generosity stands out so much - because it's far too rare.

This really hit home with me. *sniff*
Do you need a friend Roland? I'll be your friend!

Don't trust him, Roland - he's just after your money!

And the rest of us are not even real... :twisted:

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by jggiano on Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:55 am
re "This is not about generosity, it's about marketing."

Right on, Roland 1!

Windows 10
StudioOne 4 Pro
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL
Korg Krome 61
Ensoniq MR61
Korg MicroStation
Akai MPK mini
by Lawrence on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:59 am
:) Dunno. Enter it if you want and if you get lucky you get a free FaderPort 16 and a pair of R-Series studio monitors. If you don't win, "Unfollow" whatever you followed on social media to get in and drown your sorrows about the time it took to make a 10-second video with some Gin and Juice. :)

Here's my vid. It took all of two minutes. :mrgreen:

[ Play Quicktime file ] myvideo.mp4 [ 250.42 KiB | Viewed 4209 times ]

Just kidding around, I try not to take these things too seriously. :lol:
by roland1 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:16 am
Lawrence wrote:) ...and drown your sorrows about the time it took to make a 10-second video with some Gin and Juice. :)...

I don't think the people here were complaining about the time or effort it takes to make a video. I just think it was the conditional aspect of it - that someone who wasn't on social media - perhaps for some valid reason - then had to join up to qualify for the contest.

But Facebook and Instagram have nothing to do with Presonus and I think that some people resented that fact. They had already qualified by buying products.

So ultimately, it wasn't just about laziness, a contrary counter-culture attitude, or something so easy to dismiss.

Sure, you do it or you don't. But obviously someone felt strongly enough to create a thread about it and we offered our opinions in having a forum to do so.

by kevladd on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:37 am
Last edited by kevladd on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by roland1 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:42 am
kevladd wrote...So those who fall for it do so to help us all.

True patriots.

[*Sniff*]

:)

24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2