31 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
HI! I'm trying to figure out why my 2015 mbp sierra with 17 16gb of ram can't handle basic midi vsti performance. Wondering if there are any users out there who have encountered similar issues. buffer size, and audio drivers don't affect it neither does dropout protection. tried it with my orion 32, my lynx hilo and the built in sound output. Crazy random spikes and audio glitches persist. The computer runs pro tools and reaper like a champ. I tried getting help from Presonus, and the support was sadly not setup to reflect the way a person composes IRL (a static loop on 5 tracks of 3 chords -less spikes but still occasional ) when duplicated to 8 tracks of a simple static loop the cpu was back to spiking up a storm. When preforming an actual take sometimes one vsti will cause excessive audio glitching and dropouts. I am about ready to give up on this silly software. I have a client that has been using studio one and wants me to work with them in it. So far its only been embarassing.
anybody know what gives ??
by Nip on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:28 pm
No I have not had the problem you describe.

What I discovered doing Duplicate(complete) or similar wording - is that you duplicate instans of the instrument as well. So not just a new midi track to same instrument,

But normal Duplicate track - do all settings but without clips and stuff - to same instrument.

Might this be what you did not expect - many instanses if same VST instrument?
Open Instrument column in Console and see.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by garyshepherd on Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:17 pm
motalaba1 wrote I am about ready to give up on this silly software. I have a client that has been using studio one and wants me to work with them in it. So far its only been embarassing.

That's quite a statement - you give no information about your setup or the instruments and number of tracks used etc. Not sure anyone can help you with this attitude.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by tovokas on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:38 pm
Also, which VSTi’s? Uploading a sample project that you’re experiencing issues with would be helpful to see if others experience the same issues.

M1 Mac Studio 32 Gigs/ i7 Windows
Mac Monterey/Windows 11
Tascam Model 12/Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Studio One 6.5 (Sphere) / Waveform 12.5
Plugins: Plugin Alliance, IK Multimedia,
Komplete 14, PSP
by PreAl on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:22 am
Please explain what you have done to optimise your system/operating system for performance. Have you used latencymon for instance, updated drivers, configured your antivirus correctly, tweaked windows (what did you do?), used process explorer/task manager. Plenty of info about this on the web (Google "optimise wondows PC windows for DAWs" or something).

Heads up - you haven't done this yet, but often a lot of people respond at this stage by restating it already works for this or that, therefore it must be Studio One, please do not fall into the trap, that does not rule out an issue with the configuration at all.

And yes full specs, full information on the issue please.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by robertkuijvenhoven on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:26 am
Did you update Windows to 1903? I recently got into these issues and yesterday i've updated tot Windows 1903, rebooted and everything is ok now.
by PreAl on Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:32 am
robertkuijvenhoven wroteDid you update Windows to 1903? I recently got into these issues and yesterday i've updated tot Windows 1903, rebooted and everything is ok now.

Yeah this is a good point. Run Windows update now!

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by garyshepherd on Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:25 am
motalaba1 wroteI am about ready to give up on this silly software.

Come here, slag off S1, and then disappear when people try to help.

Could the administrator remove this derogatory post?

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by shanabit on Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:35 pm
motalaba1 wroteHI! I'm trying to figure out why my 2015 mbp sierra with 17 16gb of ram can't handle basic midi vsti performance. Wondering if there are any users out there who have encountered similar issues. buffer size, and audio drivers don't affect it neither does dropout protection. tried it with my orion 32, my lynx hilo and the built in sound output. Crazy random spikes and audio glitches persist. The computer runs pro tools and reaper like a champ. I tried getting help from Presonus, and the support was sadly not setup to reflect the way a person composes IRL (a static loop on 5 tracks of 3 chords -less spikes but still occasional ) when duplicated to 8 tracks of a simple static loop the cpu was back to spiking up a storm. When preforming an actual take sometimes one vsti will cause excessive audio glitching and dropouts. I am about ready to give up on this silly software. I have a client that has been using studio one and wants me to work with them in it. So far its only been embarassing.

1. What VSTi are you using there?
2. How full is your HD?
3. I would do a PRAM reset just to see if it would help
4. When you duplicate a track it is duplicating your VSTi me thinks =more CPU required
5. Curious why you are not running High Sierra there? This could very well be an OSX issue with the current StudioOne
6. The assumption is you are running 4.5.2 or 4.5.3 of StudioOne?
7. Have you tried trashing the StudioOne prefs file? Users/Library/Preferences. Look for Presonus and StudioOne
8. Try a diff TB cable as well
9 BTW, Im running Addictive Keys, Superior Drummer 3 and EZ Drummer in the same Song without these dropouts

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by shanabit on Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:35 pm
Would you boys find it in your hearts to STOP recommending a WINDOWS update to a MAC user? Thanks

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by PreAl on Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:49 pm
And that's what happens when your specs aren't clearly listed in your signature.

Mac? Pass.

by shanabit on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:22 am
PreAl wroteAnd that's what happens when your specs aren't clearly listed in your signature.

Mac? Pass.

That is what happens when you don't read and assume

He stated what he was using in his OP :reading:

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by PreAl on Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:32 pm
PreAl wroteAnd that's what happens when your specs aren't clearly listed in your signature.

Mac? Pass.

shanabit wrote
That is what happens when you don't read and assume

He stated what he was using in his OP :reading:

I wrote "signature".

by garyshepherd on Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:08 pm
Why bother - this poster has long gone having slagged off S1 and disappeared. I have asked once for this post to be removed.

by Jemusic on Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:20 pm
garyshepherd wroteWhy bother - this poster has long gone having slagged off S1 and disappeared. I have asked once for this post to be removed.

I know what you mean Gary but he has not really violated the Code of Conduct. He has only said he does not really like the software. Some people get very angry too when we remove posts so we have to be careful. (when the Code of Conduct has not been violated that is) It's a fine line sometimes.

I agree he should have hung around because I can get 50 tracks playing with virtual instruments and plugins everywhere and the CPU is not even breaking a sweat. My Mac system is less than his too. Sounds like something is wrong with his setup for sure.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Nip on Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:59 pm
Jemusic wroteSounds like something is wrong with his setup for sure.

Or as I impied as he mentioned duplicating tracks - I once did not realize how the Duplicate(complete) worked. I got multiple instances of instrument it track pointed too also.

If you suddenly duplicated with many more instances of an instrument and start getting spikes - I would not be surprised. Especially if already multi timbre instrument.

To me StudioOne has been as easy on resources as Reaper, and even much better if to count in video playback. And stable as a rock - for 10 months now not having a glitch or attempt to be unstable. This on windows 7 then.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by jBranam on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:33 am
shanabit wroteWould you boys find it in your hearts to STOP recommending a WINDOWS update to a MAC user? Thanks

boys? lol you 'mite' wanna feel again :readit: hehe

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by klypeman on Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:22 am
As the OP maybe can see we are a bunch of guys/girls who wants to help if we just get a little more info on specs and stuff and that is rare in the forum world elsewhere. SO users are helpful at most times.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by klypeman on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:03 am

Mac? Pass.

Or people are not reading the whole shalabang...

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by IanM5 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:09 am
I can't help but think that all this bickering is a bit pointless given that the OP seems to have turned up, had a bit of a whinge and then buggered off again.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum

31 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2