6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there a way to use my own samples in Presence??
by sirmonkey on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:30 pm
I have done it by creating SF2 soundfonts, with a program called Polyphone. It's a great, free soundfont creator/editor with tons of capability...or you can something simple, of course.
In Studio One version 3, Presence could use soundfonts, and I'm guessing that it still would work in the current version.
Anyway, here's a link to Polyphone if you want to check it out: http://www.polyphone-soundfonts.com/en/

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by raysleeper on Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:24 pm
Can I import wav or mp3 file into Presence??
by sirmonkey on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:37 pm
I don't think you can import wave or mp3 samples. At least not directly.
You can load "presets" with the following formats:
Presence File Types.JPG
Presence File Types.JPG (20.29 KiB) Viewed 2753 times

There is a paid version of Presence called Presence XT Editor:
http://shop.presonus.com/Presence-XT-Editor
But if you do something like that (detailed, flexible crafting of an instrument)- well, Polyphone would do the same.
* I did check on the soundfont thing- the current version of Presence will still play soundfonts.
But stay tuned... I may have a better idea...

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by sirmonkey on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:59 pm
I was thinking also about Impact XT. You can drag and drop .wav files onto pads. It also has multiple velocity layers. It's referred to as a drum sampler, but you can in reality use it for anything.
However, you would have to upgrade to at least Studio One Artist to get Impact XT.

Here's a video on Impact:
* Go to 4:00 to see how to import files, and a minute later it shows the supported formats, which does include mp3.
phpBB [video]
Last edited by sirmonkey on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by raysleeper on Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:16 pm
Thanks..

6 posts
Page 1 of 1