2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I wish to create focus midi mapping for my Acorn Masterkey 49 keyboard controler

I use SO 3.56, Artist OEM (came with a Acorn Masterkey 49 - & been using it for quite a while.

I have read the manual, read replies by Lawrence, Niles & Trucky concerning mapping the NanoKontrol2, Nectar & other controllers & I note that the Presonus PS49 is also a Acorn Masterkey keyboard & that the PS49 has a .surfacedata file that has been set up to allow focus mapping for many virtual instruments and effects. - I would like to do this with the Masterkey 49 !

I have a couple of problems,
1] I can create a new keyboard controller see in in Studio one, & midi learn the 4 nobs and one slider
if I go to the local Focus / Global window and map the Masterkey 49 keyboard it will map,
using a virtual instrument, if I click the cog(turns blue) and then click the Control drop-down list and chose my keyboard The the External Devices window opens and states Focus or Global correctly if focus(yellow) or global not yellow) but,
Every time I got to a different instrument from Mai Tai to Presence the display shows that the keyboard's knobs and sliders are already mapped for the Mai Tai or what ever, if i change them they are globally changed regardless of the Focus/Global settings

Am I doing something wrong, or missing something -

I note the directories of surfacedata & surfacedata1 in Users...../Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 3
I actually use a location E:\Studio One\UserData set in Options/Locations user data - changing it does not seem to make a difference

2] And is it therefore also possible to use a .surfacedata file from the PS49 for the Masterkey 49
by changing the Gui-Id ?
Am I trying to do something SO3.56 Artist won't do ?
Does So4 Artist/Pro allow this to function properly ?

Your help and suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks David

Studio One Artist 3.56 (32+64)
Ableton Live Lite 9/10
Audio interface: Roland Rubix 22
NanoKontrol2 Controller
Novation Launchkey 25 (mk1) Keyboard/Controller
Acorn Masterkey49 Keyboard/Controller
Valpower Midi to CV/Gate into a
Roland MC202 instrument
PC 4th Gen i5 Win8.1
by davidmay1 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:36 am
I have solved one of the problems -1] Global/Focus mapping Studio One Artist 3.56 does not seem to save Mapping setting until you shut down - so I have had to map one instrument then siup down and reopen the DAW

I have not yet gotten the PS49 settings to work by changing the GUI ID to the Nectar/Acorn Masterkey's GUI- ID

Studio One Artist 3.56 (32+64)
Ableton Live Lite 9/10
Audio interface: Roland Rubix 22
NanoKontrol2 Controller
Novation Launchkey 25 (mk1) Keyboard/Controller
Acorn Masterkey49 Keyboard/Controller
Valpower Midi to CV/Gate into a
Roland MC202 instrument
PC 4th Gen i5 Win8.1

2 posts
Page 1 of 1