Discuss Quantum Series Interfaces Here
34 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
If anyone is interested.

Just put together a new build with an AMD Ryzen 3800X CPU.
Most of Asrock's new X570 Boards include a TB header. I picked up the Steel Legend model.

As Asrocks TB add-in cards are non-existent I took a chance and picked up a Gigabyte Titan Ridge add-in card (a user on the Level1 Tech forums confirmed he has some success with it).

I have a UAD satellite as well. Also working.

The only glitch so far is that with Thunderbolt-enabled the M2 ports on the board are disabled. Hopefully, Asrock sorts that out soon.

The Ryzen CPU is a powerhouse. My CPU usage dropped nearly 30% in comparison to my I7 6700K.
by nervewar on Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:29 pm
kdavies wroteIf anyone is interested.

Most of Asrock's new X570 Boards include a TB header. I picked up the Steel Legend model.

As Asrocks TB add-in cards are non-existent I took a chance and picked up a Gigabyte Titan Ridge add-in card (a user on the Level1 Tech forums confirmed he has some success with it).

The only glitch so far is that with Thunderbolt-enabled the M2 ports on the board are disabled. Hopefully, Asrock sorts that out soon.

The Ryzen CPU is a powerhouse. My CPU usage dropped nearly 30% in comparison to my I7 6700K.

Nice, are you using Studio One as your DAW? I'm researching specs to build a new PC myself and I see the Ryzens have been getting a lot of praise for their performance. But, I haven't seen if there are compatibility issues with Studio One. The Ryzen also isn't listed on the Presonus website in their PC requirements.

Website | Bandcamp | Soundcloud AMD Ryzen 3900X, 64 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One Professional, Presonus Quantum
by carltremblay2 on Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:05 pm
Yeah it works flawlessly on my AMD pc.
windows 10
Gigabyte X470 motherboard with Ryzen 2700x AMD cpu
Gigabyte Titan Ridge TB3 PCI-e card
Startech TB2-TB3 adapter
by nervewar on Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:22 am
carltremblay2 wroteYeah it works flawlessly on my AMD pc.
windows 10
Startech TB2-TB3 adapter

Great to hear, thanks! Still researching on what I should build but this is very helpful. Cheers.

Website | Bandcamp | Soundcloud AMD Ryzen 3900X, 64 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One Professional, Presonus Quantum
by adammaitland on Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:37 am
nervewar wrote
carltremblay2 wroteYeah it works flawlessly on my AMD pc.
windows 10
Startech TB2-TB3 adapter

Great to hear, thanks! Still researching on what I should build but this is very helpful. Cheers.

I also am building a Ryzen system. I have all the parts except for the CPU.
Very frustrating!
Been waiting for 2 months after ordering from Scan UK. Apparently I will get it on the 22nd Oct.
Come on AMD!!!!

Ryzen 9 3900X CPU
Noctua D-15 Chromax Cooler
4 x 8Gig G.Skill Neo DDR4 C16 3600MHz
Asrock X570 Taichi motherboard
Seasonic Prime 850 platinum PSU
STRIX 2080ti GPU
Corsair MP510 Nvme M.2 960Mb System drive
Corsair MP510 Nvme M.2 1920Mb Data drive
Gigabyte Titan Ridge TB3 Pcie
Startech TB3>TB2 adapter
Quantum 2

Phanteks P600S case (no glass!)

Used with S1 4 Pro, Ozone 9 + 3D Graphics, C4D, Blender

I wish you luck with your build. Will report back on completing mine.
by lucacannavacciuolo on Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:14 am
nervewar wrote

Maybe the limit is related to specific pice slot...
Did You check the mobo manual?
With Asus x99 (for example) the pcie5 shares bandwidth with M.2...

Win10 - i9 10940x @ 4,2 GHz - Asus Prime x299 A-II- Asus GTX1080 - 32GB DDR4 @ 2800 Mhz - Asus Thunderboltex 3 - 2 x Quantum - 2 x Yamaha SPX 2000 - Eventide Eclipse V4.01- DB166 XS - Yamaha DTX582 - Studio One Pro 4.5.2
by adammaitland on Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:52 pm
lucacannavacciuolo wroteMaybe the limit is related to specific pice slot...
Did You check the mobo manual?
With Asus x99 (for example) the pcie5 shares bandwidth with M.2...

The Asrock Taichi board shares the 3rd m.2 with Pcie5 too.
by kdavies on Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:28 am
nervewar wrote

Nice, are you using Studio One as your DAW? I'm researching specs to build a new PC myself and I see the Ryzens have been getting a lot of praise for their performance. But, I haven't seen if there are compatibility issues with Studio One. The Ryzen also isn't listed on the Presonus website in their PC requirements.

Studio One is my main DAW. No issues at all with it or any third party programs I use (Toontrack, UAD, Slate etc..).
by TerjeNorway on Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:00 am
For they who thinking about going AMD it's better to buy a motherboard with native Thunderbolt like:
AMD X570 AQUA
or
AMD X570 Creator

My system
Intel Core i9-10900K Processor
Noctua NH-U12A CPU cooler
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 64GB
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio 12G
StarTech Thunderbolt Cable 2M (TBOLTMM2MW)
StarTech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (TBT3TBTADAP)
Neumann TLM 102 microphone
Presonus Quantum
Windows 10, Ableton 11, Cubase 10
by christopherkennedy3 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:43 am
I am currently using a Quantum 2 with a Lenovo ThinkPad P72 through Apple's :shock: TB3 to TB2 Adapter and 2M cable with splendid results. I upgraded from a PreSonus AudioBox 96 USB. The differences between the two interfaces are inumerable. You want a Quantum! Latency is no longer an issue for me - it's literally less than 2ms. :D

- southsidesmoka

"Keep jammin'..."

Lenovo P72 - Xeon E-2176M / 64GB RAM / 1TB SSD RAID / 1TB HDD
PreSonus Quantum 2
PreSonus ATOM
PreSonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors
PreSonus Studio One Professional
Alesis V49
MXL DX-2 Guitar Amplifier Microphone
MXL 990 Vocal Microphone
Fender Stratocasters
Fender Jazz Basses
Fender Hot Rod Deluze IV + Deluxe 112 Extension Cabinet
Fender Rumble 40

http://southsidesmoka.com
by NewFolder(2).net on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:51 am
Yes i am!
Windows pro 64
mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 with full thunder (3, usb-c)
also recommend Asus z170 premium
cable and adapter by Apple
UEFI / THUNDERBOLT - all YES
no modification, no extra PCI-E cards
just plug and play
works great
by klypeman on Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:40 am
Just a warning, the Ryzen don't go well with the UAD Pcie cards except the Octa they say at Universal Audio, I made the mistake to buy the shalabang with a Asus X570 motherboard and now only my TB Octa and the Quad Firewire and the Apollo Twin's works and not the Pcie's anymore...

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by nervewar on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:25 pm
Alright, I was holding off on posting this till I confirmed my build was solid, but I started off 2020 with a new PC built specifically for use with the Quantum+Studio One. I've been using it every day since January 1st and it has run like a champ! Wanted to share for anyone out there that could benefit from the info. Here are my specs:

Motherboard: ASRock Taichi X570
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x
CPU Cooler: Provided AMD Wraith Prism Cooler
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz 64gb (4x16gb Sticks)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX2060 Gaming Z
OS/Application Drive: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 6Gb/s
Projects Drive: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 6Gb/s
Audio/Samples Drive: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 6Gb/s
Backup Drive: 2TB 7200 RPM Seagate BarraCudo Pro
Thunderbolt Card: ASRock Thunderbolt 3 AIC R2.0
Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750 G3
Case: Fractal Design R6 Gunmetal Case (No Tempered Glass)
Audio Interface: Presonus Quantum + Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter

I can't believe how much better this machine is than what I'm used to, hahaha. It's amazing. I have pics on my website here too for anyone that's interested in seeing them: https://nervewar.net/blog/11/1/2020/custom-audio-pc-build-for-2020

by daveschjolden on Sun May 31, 2020 11:58 am
For those who have posted with X570 systems - you haven't had issues with Quantum not syncing (turning blue) upon startup?

34 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2