5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I can't figure out how to setup the midi and the synth in order to trigger the sequence by play/stop.
Synth responds to piano roll and my other keyboard normally.
Synth shows "midi clock" when I press play in S1 so I reckon it's setup properly.

My friend, who has the first Minilogue says his sequencer triggers when he presses play/stop, but he uses FL studio and basically has midi-sync turned on in FL, has Minilogue setup the same way as I do and nothing else.

I use only midi - not the usb, but he tried both options and his synth triggerd the play/stop in both cases, so I really don't know.

Here is how I have it setup in S1.

Studio https://redpeakaudio.com

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 (Kaby Lake)
RAM: Kingston 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz CL15
MoBo: Gigabyte B250-HD3P
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5
DAW: StudioOne 4.6.0
Interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 14
by Jemusic on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:51 am
You don't need both Midi clock and Midi Timecode being sent at once. Its usually one or the other. In this case its Midi clock thats required looking at the Minilogue manual. Enabling MIDI Clock Start sends MIDI Clock Start signals to your Instrument.

Not sure how this (Midi Clock Start) will react with your Minilogue. I suggest try with either checked or unchecked and see what works best. For example if I want to sync the rhythmic loops in my Yamaha Motif Rack to Studio One it does not need to be checked for that case. But it may be required to restart an external sequencer in the right spot each time.

In the Instrument settings I generally don't have anything set for RECEIVE FROM either. (eg set to NONE) It is not really necessary. If you have got midi connected both ways that might create some issues if the Minilogue is sending midi data, which it may. That is required for the controller only.

Minilogue is a great instrument!

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by redpeakaudio on Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:09 am
I have it connected both ways, because I wanted to use those keys as a secondary midi keyboard from time to time. My friend told me, that his Minilogue, the silver one, is indeed sending something back... hmmm.

Well anyway, I'll try to mess around with it some more. I switched off the Timecode yesterday, but that didn't help. I'll try to disconnect midi out on minilogue and see.

I have emailed BoBeats from YouTube, because he has both the original and XD and he told me to email Korg, which I really don't want to do, as I see it a waste of time.

by Jemusic on Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:51 pm
In your external devices area you should have two things setup for the Korg Minilogue. The first one is the keyboard. (the icon that looks like a keyboard) This represents the Minilogue sending midi data into Studio One. It should have RECEIVE FROM set to the source eg Pro 14 MIDI. SEND TO is usually set to NONE here.

The second thing is an instrument. (the icon that has a slider and two little knobs on it) This represents the Minilogue as an instrument receiving MIdi data from Studio One. eg a sound generator. SEND TO is set to Pro14 Midi here and RECEIVE FROM is set to NONE.

I am thinking you may believe you only need one of these things that cover both operations but you need both of these things to cover both functions.

Don't forget too that in order for the Minilogue to lock to Studio One it will also be need to be set for external sync or it to receive and lock to the incoming midi clock.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by redpeakaudio on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:35 am
I'll give this a shot and let you know.

Thank you!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1