6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Would I be able to connect a 32r with a Midas dl32 stagebox over Dante ?
by golishevsky on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:06 am
James Westbrook wroteWould I be able to connect a 32r with a Midas dl32 stagebox over Dante ?

no dante in studiolive3
AVB only

Studiolive 24R / Mac Book Pro 15 2014 / Mac Book Pro 16 2021 M1pro / PC 2X XEON2680V3 X99-F8D 128gb DDR4 ECC REG
by James Westbrook on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:57 am
So would it work via avb? And why have they ditched Dante?
by wahlerstudios on Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 am
Because for AVB you don't have to pay any licences, that's the reason. PreSonus have now created a complete own "ecoystem" with AVB II, therefore they don't "need" to be compatible with any other manufacturer. There is anyway not so much compatibility among the Dante users. Would you even ask if one of the Allen & Heath digital stageboxes can be used with a M32...?

No, you can not network Dante with AVB I+II or AVB I+II with Dante.
by roblof on Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:24 pm
What do you mean by “not so much compatibility among the dante users”? I have never experienced anything of that nature, unless you have mismatched clock rates. Audinate ensures that all dante enabled devices can talk to each other and is one of the compelling reasons to use dante with devices from different manufacturers.

It also helps that most modern dante devices (presonus not included :oops: ) also implements the free aes67. Aes67 is also a part of the st2110 specification.

An A&H dante enabled stagebox will work with a midas m32 equipped with the dn-dante expansion card. Only caveat is that you don’t have direct preamp control from the mixer.

The dl32 stagebox does not however speak dante. It speaks aes50/supermac and can therefor not talk directly to a dante network without the help of a dante enabled mixer or similar.

wahlerstudios wroteThere is anyway not so much compatibility among the Dante users. Would you even ask if one of the Allen & Heath digital stageboxes can be used with a M32...?

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by wahlerstudios on Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:52 pm
So the answer to the original question is: No, because the DL 32 is not Dante enabled. :mrgreen:

6 posts
Page 1 of 1