12 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have been going crazy trying to get S1 to mixdown using my Prism interface.
OS Windows 10 64 bit v1903
Memory: 48GB
CPU: Ryzen 5
Ticket has been submitted, but only one actual response from Presonus telling me to uninstall antivirus. Did that, didn't help.

Scenario1: In song mode with only one track and no plugins: Export Mixdown >> Default settings >> freeze >> doesn't respond >> have to kill the process in task manager.

Scenario2: In project mode, Digital Release >> Default settings >> freeze >> doesn't respond >> have to kill the process in task manager.

What I've tried: Complete uninstall/reinstall of Studio One (common files/reg entries deleted). Reinstalled Prism Lyra ASIO drivers. Changed interface to different USB port. Updated Windows.
Uninstalled plugins. Ran sfc /scannow, chkcfg, just in case. All checks out fine (so Windows says).

In S1 I've tried just about every option combination there is for mixdown/export. Realtime processing just advances the time elapsed counter, the song never starts.

I've created DMP files of the crashes and they all say pretty much the same thing:

---------------------------From DMP-----------------------------------
*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for PrismUAC_64.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for asioservice.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for Studio One.exe
*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for cclgui.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for cclsystem.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for ucnet.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for WrapPersist64.dll
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know what you're thinking, the first dll refers to the Prism ASIO driver. That must be the problem. Well, yes. When I use another like ASIO4ALL, export works. So the burden is on Prism, right? Nope. I installed Audacity, and Pro Tools, created a session, added some random plugin, selected the Prism as the ASIO device, and export/mixdown works perfectly fine. I have a feeling if I install ANY other DAW, the mixdown function will work. It seems S1 is the only DAW that doesn't play well with the Prism Lyra 2 which is NOT a low quality piece of gear.

I'm at a loss, here. I cannot export or mixdown anything. I am hoping someone has an idea of what's going on because my next step is a complete reinstall of Windows. Which is...ugg. Please help!!!!

Attachments
S14_Mixdown_Freez.png
S14_Freeze.png
by Bbd on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:23 am
Did you get back to Support?
Did you contact Prism support about this?
Does this happen every time or just with one song?

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by brianpackard1 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:06 am
I contacted Prism the same day I submitted a S1 Ticket (4 days ago).
Prism has been very responsive even though they are in the UK.
Their drivers are installed correctly (verified).

Export/Mixdown works with Pro Tool, Audacity, etc using the Prism driver. S1 is the only DAW I have that has this issue. This is a Presonus issue.

Last night, I backed up and did a clean install of Windows 10 v1903 (1809 was not available from MS)

The only software installed is iLOK, Prism Lyra driver, and Studio One.
I loaded a file in a project >> Digital release … aaannnddd… same thing. Complete lockup of Studio one. Happens with ANY audio file.

Attachments
New_Load_Still_Freezes.jpg
New_Load_Realtime_Freeze.jpg
by Lawrence on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:19 am
Try moving the export window with the mouse to see if it starts processing.
If there are plugins on the tracks, bounce them first to see what happens then.

If all else fails, you can force a real time render by dropping Pipeline on the master and turning the mix knob fully left. In that case you can at least get your work done rather than simply being stuck, until the issue can be sorted out. But your image already shows it real time so... no idea what's going on there.

As a general FYI, the audio device has nothing at all to do with offline render. You can literally set Studio One's audio device to "No Audio Device" and still offline render..
by brianpackard1 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:51 am
Yeah, its weird. As Stated, real time rendering does not work. I get the same crash. It never starts the song. I have tried this with no plugins and it still freezes.

Would rendering offline affect the audio quality at all? It fails at asioservice.dll which is a S1 file.
In my head, if rendering a mix invokes the ASIO driver dll, I'd think it would matter. THAT part of the process I am unclear on.

So, since I am in this crap boat, when doing a mixdown (the freeze happen at both mixdown in a multitrack session/song mode, and a mastering project) would using ASIO4ALL, or the built in Windows WDM driver have any audible effect on the file?
by blackally on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 am
Maybe a bit late, but did you ever found a solution to this ?

I have the same thing going on with my Focusrite Dante PCIE card.

When I change to Dante Virtual Driver or another soundcard this bounce or mixdown works.
Since I have a lot of analog outboard gear connected to the Dante network, changing the card is no option.

The only solution I have now is record a stereo track from the main outputs within Studio One, which is a sort of mixdown. But it's not the usual way.

Thanks

Peter
by brianpackard1 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:02 am
blackally wroteMaybe a bit late, but did you ever found a solution to this ?

I have the same thing going on with my Focusrite Dante PCIE card.

When I change to Dante Virtual Driver or another soundcard this bounce or mixdown works.
Since I have a lot of analog outboard gear connected to the Dante network, changing the card is no option.

The only solution I have now is record a stereo track from the main outputs within Studio One, which is a sort of mixdown. But it's not the usual way.

Thanks

Peter

Peter, I have not found a solution. Speaking with the Prism people, they have zero issues with their product working with other DAWs. I had a remote session with Presonus where they could not figure out why it was freezing. Any function that uses their method of mixdown freezes up the DAW. This includes update master file, mixdown selection, digital release, export mixdown, etc. I can bounce things to new track with zero issue. I've given up trying to get this to function properly and have been switching the audio device in S1 to "Windows Audio" or "No sound device" when I do mixdown. That's the ONLY way I can get it to work.

I keep hoping release notes for updates will include "patched crashes on prism devices" or something like that, but I can only assume this is not important to Presonus. The tech just chalked it up to "I don't know" and left it at that. No escalation, no second opinions from other techs. Pretty poor "support" if you ask me.
by slinke on Wed May 13, 2020 8:36 am
I have the same issue all of a sudden. Using a Midas M32R as interface, worked fine the last two years. Had freezes with playback before, but not with mixdown. All started with SO 4. Very bad...
by metebator on Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:14 pm
Did you get this sorted?

I’ve had issues with my prism Lyra 1 and studio one since 2016. Originally I’d get glitched playback after bouncing or doing other internal functions in studio 1 2 This is only fixed after switching to a different interface and then back.

Prism helped me and after a year sent an update to fix this.

Suddenly it doesn’t want to work again. This time it’s every time I open s1 4 I get glitched playback. Easy fix is to change the buffer size on the Lyra.

It’s a pain. The prism is amazing. Studio one is amazing. They don’t work together.
by PreAl on Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:49 am
When you are doing an export make sure ASIO4ALL is fully uninstalled and then reboot. It often causes conflicts even when it isn't being used.

Also try temporarily disabling your virus scanner.

Contact Presonus support otherwise I suggest.
It does however seems to be an issue with this specific interface, if all other interfaces are working this is a bit of a smoking gun.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by brianpackard1 on Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:13 pm
Hey everyone! Quick update (better late than never)

The mixdown issue was corrected. Which party caused it I kind of feel it was Presonus. Here's why:

I tried 4 Separate DAWs/Audio SW. Audacity, Pro Tools, Cubase, and Ableton. All worked great with the Prism Lyra 2. Studio One was the only DAW that was "buggy."

The issue was corrected by Prism. They provided a beta driver (since updated). I know what you're thinking, "then it was the Interface Drivers!!" Not exactly. Because there aren't a lot of people using the Lyra 2 with Studio One, Prism was on the hook for modifying their Windows driver to work even though it was a change made by Presonus that caused the issue.

I get it from a market share standpoint, but from the development side, that's obviously a little weird. Typically, software devs keep compatibility in mind. Otherwise they'll release something that doesn't work on existing devices. I think Presonus accepted the risk and released knowing it might have issues with less popular interfaces. From there, deal with the tickets as they come.

This is what brought me back to this thread. Compatibility issues are happening again with Prism and Studio One. This one's different, but still involves Studio One's interaction with Prism's ASIO driver.

In short:
Studio One v4.6 - 6.1 worked with the Lyra 2.
Studio One v6.2 and beyond no longer works.
Prism Lyra 2 works on every other DAW (tried the same 4)

S1 won't initialize/sync with the interface when launching a new song, project, surround mix, etc.
The cursor just spins indefinitely, never releasing/going back to the arrow/pointer.
Different problem, same boat.

What changed? Studio One changed. The 6.2 release is their rebranding to Studio One+.
Prism and Presonus are once again trying to this problem and the long standing drop out (garbled audio) issue when bouncing and mixing down.

Also, I am aware I could be completely wrong. Presonus might be the ones holding smaller, boutique Interface manufacturer's feet to the fire to and forcing them to code their drivers properly. Either way, for us Lyra owners who love Studio One, it's like watching our parents fight. I just wanna make music, dangit!
by brianpackard1 on Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:21 pm
metebator wroteDid you get this sorted?

I’ve had issues with my prism Lyra 1 and studio one since 2016. Originally I’d get glitched playback after bouncing or doing other internal functions in studio 1 2 This is only fixed after switching to a different interface and then back.

Prism helped me and after a year sent an update to fix this.

Suddenly it doesn’t want to work again. This time it’s every time I open s1 4 I get glitched playback. Easy fix is to change the buffer size on the Lyra.

It’s a pain. The prism is amazing. Studio one is amazing. They don’t work together.

I've had the same issue since getting the Lyra 2. It's such a PITA. I too had to change block size just to get it to play correctly. I am currently experiencing a new issue with the 6.2/6.5 release(s). I got an email today from Frank at Prism that they are currently working with Studio One to find a solution to my issue as well as the drop out issue we both are experiencing. So, there might be hope yet!

12 posts
Page 1 of 1