9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I'm new to the Studio Live, and am using it in a recording studio setting; not live. I wanted the e.q. that I am creating for me in the control room to be reflected in the headphones, so I set the Auxes to "post". The only problem is, if I mute the click for me, or pull the fader down, it does the same in all the headphones. Same goes for all the inputs. If I change a mix for me in the control room, it affects the headphones. Is there any way around that? I'd just like to have the e.q. sent to the artists' headphones, not faders or mutes.
TIA
Richard

Richard
Recording gear specs: i7 3.0 Ghz, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10, StudioLive 32 Series III, Studio One Pro 5.1
by mikemanthei on Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:30 am
You're close...

It sounds like you might benefit from a little time in the Owners Manual. Most of these questions are answered there. The answers you seek are on page 30.

And most likely the next 100 questions you ask are in there as well.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by richardrupert on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:29 am
mikemanthei wroteYou're close...

It sounds like you might benefit from a little time in the Owners Manual. Most of these questions are answered there. The answers you seek are on page 30.

And most likely the next 100 questions you ask are in there as well.

Thank you for the quick reply. I, in fact, have read through the manual, but there's SO much information there that I'd forgotten the mention of this routing option. The whole "Flex Mix" concept is foreign to me, as are most of the capabilities of this mixer. Having come from the world of analog mixers, I'm really a neophyte, but will -- per your suggestion -- look harder at the manual before posting a question.

Richard
Recording gear specs: i7 3.0 Ghz, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10, StudioLive 32 Series III, Studio One Pro 5.1
by SwitchBack on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:15 am
Even if the answers may be hidden somewhere in the manual there's still value in asking the questions here anyway.

The Series III mixers offer so much more than the Classic and AI StudioLive mixers, let alone analog mixers. But accessing all this new functionality can be complicated even with the manual at hand. I'd say that access to a mixer's functionality should be as obvious as possible. Questions on how to do this or that, even if it's in the manual, could mean there's room for improvement ;)
by sjc193 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 am
The AI mixers had a pre2 setting that was pre fader and post Fat channel. That's what you want. Do the series iii have the same setting?

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by SwitchBack on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:56 am
Yes they do, but the Series III mixers also offer flex mixes and DCA groups. Between these three options there’s several ways to keep mixes balanced, or not.
by wahlerstudios on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:06 pm
May I start to ask question No 1...? Which Series III mixer are you using?
by richardrupert on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:33 am
wahlerstudios wroteMay I start to ask question No 1...? Which Series III mixer are you using?
It's a StudioLive 32.

Richard
by wahlerstudios on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 am
Thanks. Actually, there is a general answer for all mixers, not only the SL 32. You have to set your auxes to Pre2, which allows sound processing to be heard, but no volume changes by the fader of Main level. You adjust the volumes in each aux mix individually.

For the Mutes you have to go to "Settings" in UC Surface -> System -> Link Aux Mutes. You can select four operation modes:

Unlinked
Main Mute Auxes
All Aux Mute Link
Global Mute Link

UC_Surface_ReferenceManual_EN_04042019, section 9.1.4.1

On the mixer you find this setting on the touchscreen: Home -> System -> Link Aux Mutes.

Hope that helps. ;-)

9 posts
Page 1 of 1