14 posts
Page 1 of 1
So I'm posting this here because it only seemed to pop up when I updated to 4.5 but I am willing to accept that it is just a coincidence.

I have a FaderPort Classic that I love. While I've been using S1 since V2, my history is with Pro Tools. As a result, my workflow is such that I expand the mix window to it's own separate window and flip between them with the transport. The day that I downloaded 4.5, the mix button began to double click. Meaning, I'll tap the Mix button, it flashes to the mix screen for a split second and then instantly reverts to whatever previous window I was in. The light under mix turns on and turns off immediately as well. It happens frequently, but I cannot replicate it. It is simply random. It is EXTREMELY frustrating and I know it is such a stupid little thing for me to be bothered with, but I've become so accustomed to my workflow utilizing the FaderPort that this has become tremendously annoying.

Now, I'm sure it's probably just the button failing (ugggh), but I'm just seeing if anyone else has had this issue since my experience with this started on 4.5. If not, my next step is to install the previous version of Studio One and see if it continues.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks!
Ian

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by Jemusic on Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:58 pm
What platform are you on and what OS would be handy to know. I have Faderport Classic, 2018 and Faderport 8. I don't often use Classic with Studio One 4.5 but I will check it for you though and report back.

I highly recommend you investing in Faderport 2018. If you like Classic you will simply love it. It works very smoothy with Studio One and while all the Classic functions are still available, it goes way deeper in terms of integration with Studio One.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Tacman7 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:15 pm
I've had faderport problems a few times.

Just broke for a while then works again. I think that was Windows update.

It was broke then I got it working by going through my usb ports, I had something causing a problem.

So anymore I go through and make sure I have as few devices as possible and reset them just to check if that makes any difference.

I have to use it with an extension so I have to unplug it and replug it sometimes.

Sometimes after an update I have to edit the device and set the ports right. Seems like ports can get shifted. I try deleting it and reinstalling sometimes, as well as prayer.

It's been sometime since problem happened, knock on wood.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Jemusic on Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:26 pm
Update. Faderport Classic works fine with me on Win 7 and Studio One 4.5 Mix button functions normally. But I do want to mention that with my Classic, the Stop button is a little faulty now and has been for a while. It won't respond sometimes and I have to push harder or lean my finger to the left little to get it to respond.

If I am having some button issues it may be possible you are too. All be it a different kind. Might be some of these switches could be going a little unreliable now after all this time. The Stop button in my case still feels firm to switch but just not always stopping the session. I have tried spraying it but the best remedy would be to replace the switch.

Time to trade up to that new 2018 model. It is really great! I am also using Faderport 2018 to control Ableton which it does admirably, and in the latest firmware they gave it some extra Ableton features which are just excellent.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by roland1 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:28 am
My Classic Faderport seemed to be working fine for me on Win10. (1809?) not the latest update; on purpose.

I just use it in a vocal booth right now, so limited use; switch tracks, preroll record, stop, play, cry, wipe away tears, repeat.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by markusvogl on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:21 am
The day that I downloaded 4.5, the mix button began to double click. Meaning, I'll tap the Mix button, it flashes to the mix screen for a split second and then instantly reverts to whatever previous window I was in. The light under mix turns on and turns off immediately as well. It happens frequently, but I cannot replicate it. It is simply random.

The same here with Studio One 4.5.2 on Windows 10 (1903) 64bit.

Regards
Markus

Intel 12th gen 12700K
ASUS Prime Z690 A
Apollo 8 Thunderbolt
Win 11 23H2
Studio One 6.5.2
by roland1 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:11 am
Jemusic wroteTime to trade up to that new 2018 model. It is really great!...

Yes, but it may still be a software problem.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by ianaeillo on Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:07 pm
Holy cow guys sorry for not responding but thank you for the quick replies. I thought I had notification settings on to send me an email when the thread was replied to but I was obviously wrong. I really, really, really appreciate you sending replies.

So I ended up temporarily swapping a FaderPort from a friend and realized mine must have had a bad button. On his system with my faderport, the mix button acted up and his was fine on mine. I took the thing apart and randomly sprayed some deoxit in the thing last week and while it didn't help at all, I'm just planning on upgrading to the newer one in the near future.

Thank you EVERYONE who answered; I really appreciate this forum.

Ian

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by roland1 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:01 pm
Phew. We'd given you up for dead, figuring "they" - the secret Presonus shadow gov't - had "corrected you" for besmirching the good name of their Classic Faderport.

It happens about once a week, but it doesn't get in the papers because Presonus also owns all the national media.

No, really. It's true. I read it on FB. :p

(Glad you got your issue figured out. Click on.)

by Jemusic on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:20 pm
roland1 wroteYes, but it may still be a software problem.

No it aint.

Classic is obviously developing some bad button issues. The switches are so sealed up spraying does nothing. Faderport 2018 works really great with Studio One 4.5. It goes way deeper than Classic ever did as well. The very latest firmware gave it some more features controlling other DAW's e.g. Ableton.

by roland1 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:52 pm
"Tired of that old Classic Faderport? Ready to take your fading game to the next level?"

I feel like I've walked into the taping for a Presonus infomercial. :D

"But wait, there's more!"

P.S. It could just as easily have been a software issue. One never knows until one knows. Knows what I mean?

Jemusic wrote
roland1 wroteYes, but it may still be a software problem.

No it aint.

Classic is obviously developing some bad button issues. The switches are so sealed up spraying does nothing. Faderport 2018 works really great with Studio One 4.5. It goes way deeper than Classic ever did as well. The very latest firmware gave it some more features controlling other DAW's e.g. Ableton.

by j0001s on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:37 pm
I don't have a Mix button issue with my (original) Faderport and 4.5.2. Works the same as always.
by roland1 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:57 am
j0001s wroteI don't have a Mix button issue with my (original) Faderport and 4.5.2. Works the same as always.

Mine too.

by Jemusic on Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:43 pm
If your Faderport Classic is fully working then that is great. Be prepared for buttons maybe or not to start playing up in time. Word of advice though for anyone thinking of buying a Faderport Classic second hand. Check it thoroughly that all buttons work as expected. Do not assume. I bought mine new and after a few years the Stop button started playing up.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1