16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello! I have a KORG PA50 and I want to use it as a midi controller on Studio One 4. I tried a lot of combinations with my midi cable and no one works. Is there someone who can help me with a short tutorial with the steps I need to make to connect this type of keyboard? I know the model is to old but I've never seen a topic on this trouble, I don't know if even it's possible to connect this model on Studio One, waiting for answer from someone, thank you a lot.
by Bbd on Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:29 am
This if from the Korg forum:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... 4c30a936ea

See this Presonus video on setting up a new device:

https://www.google.com/search?q=presonu ... LX6Iu4BA24

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by omararnaout on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:02 am
Bbd wroteThis if from the Korg forum:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... 4c30a936ea

See this Presonus video on setting up a new device:

https://www.google.com/search?q=presonu ... LX6Iu4BA24

I know about this korg forum topic, but this is available to Cubase, I don't see any topic linked from Korg to Presonus Studio One, I did what it says on this topic but I am not able to connect it. I need some more specific details from someone who knows.
by Bbd on Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:57 pm
Did you check out the setup video I gave you a link for?

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by omararnaout on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:55 pm
I did everything like in this video, but in my case it doesn't work. I think the software from my keyboard is old or something like that, I am still waiting although for some specific tutorial for connecting KORG PA-50 into Midi Studio One because I can't find one anywhere.
by Bbd on Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:12 pm
Can you post a screen shot of how your device looks in Studio One Device Setup?
Do you know what MIDI channel the keyboard transmits on? That's why I pointed you to the Korg forum. You can even download an owner's manual from there.
I you have your MIDI cable connected from your keyboard MIDI OUT and it is going into your audio device or USB input, you then need to setup Studio One to receive it.
You have to create a new device and configure it for your setup.
That's why I send you a basic video on how to do that.

If you can't figure it out, open a Support ticket.
Thanks.

Bbd

by omararnaout on Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:55 pm
Bbd wroteCan you post a screen shot of how your device looks in Studio One Device Setup?
Do you know what MIDI channel the keyboard transmits on? That's why I pointed you to the Korg forum. You can even download an owner's manual from there.
If you have your MIDI cable connected from your keyboard MIDI OUT and it is going into your audio device or USB input, you then need to setup Studio One to receive it.
You have to create a new device and configure it for your setup.
That's why I send you a basic video on how to do that.

If you can't figure it out, open a Support ticket.
Thanks.

https://imgur.com/gallery/nIzqcoO
This is what I did and it didn t work.
by Bbd on Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:28 pm
I see MIDI in connected but not MIDI out.
Your USB cable needs both.

Bbd

by omararnaout on Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:41 pm
Bbd wroteI see MIDI in connected but not MIDI out.
Your USB cable needs both.

I connected my MIDI OUT cable to my MIDI IN spot in my keyboard, I also have an audiobox interface. Can you tell me where to connect every wire so I can try again if this is the problem.
Please tell me step by step. Thank you very much for your time.
by Bbd on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:13 pm
Your audiobox MIDI IN needs to be connected to the keyboard MIDI OUT.
The audiobox MIDI OUT needs to be connected to the keyboard MIDI IN.
Per your picture, does your audobox connect using a USB cable to the computer?

Bbd

by Bbd on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Bbd

by omararnaout on Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:57 am
Bbd wroteYour audiobox MIDI IN needs to be connected to the keyboard MIDI OUT.
The audiobox MIDI OUT needs to be connected to the keyboard MIDI IN.
Per your picture, does your audobox connect using a USB cable to the computer?

Yes, my audiobox it s just like in the picture. But if I need to do what you are saying I need to have two midi cables. Because I have just one connected to an USB, MIDI OUT AND MIDI IN.
by omararnaout on Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:00 am
by Bbd on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:21 am
The cable you showed is used when you connect a midi device directly to your computer w/o going thru the audio box.
If your computer has its driver installed, you can connect this to the computer and keyboard.
Or, you will need two midi cables to connect keyboard to audio box and then the audio box connects to computer.

Bbd

by omararnaout on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:22 am
Bbd wroteThe cable you showed is used when you connect a midi device directly to your computer w/o going thru the audio box.
If your computer has its driver installed, you can connect this to the computer and keyboard.
Or, you will need two midi cables to connect keyboard to audio box and then the audio box connects to computer.

omg I did it, thank you very much for support.
by Bbd on Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:22 am
Great!
:+1

Bbd

16 posts
Page 1 of 1