62 postsPage 2 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
A big thanks from me, bug fixes are very welcome :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1
    ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ
    MSI GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X 12G
    Zoom UAC-8 Audio Interface
    Studio One 6 Pro (Latest Version)
    Notion 6 (Latest Version)
    Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime

[ YouTube ] [ Omnisphere Libraries ]
by jih64 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:04 pm
:+1 :thumbup:

For every Arthur C Clarke quoter, there is a know-all who likes to quote Arthur C Clarke
- unknown
by harlanstephens on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:46 pm
I have only been using s1 a month now,
And having been abused by avid over the last 15 years or so.
Must say well done all at presonus!
A major update happened before I purchased, and now yet another. List of bug fixes is impressive.
Outstanding!
Installed in different folder, can run both, have icons for both, and find that sound advice.
Not sure why others have an issue with that?
Anyway thank you presonus, I am a happy customer.

Mac Pro 5.1, Mojave.
S1 4.5 pro, pro tools 2019.
Logic.
Ça c’est bon
by Bbd on Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:26 pm
It is sound advice to install updates in a new folder to test and play with.
The developers are really busy with fixes and new features. Presonus hardware is getting more tightly integrated with Studui One as well.
I am definately happy with where this is all going.
:thumbup:

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by antoinegrelet on Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:22 am
Robdp wrote
Robdp wroteWhat happened to the solo function?

Windows:
"Shift+S" is by default assign to Zoom to Selection on my side anyway. Maybe you had created a custom keyboard shortcut?

Yeah I think it's because I'm using the Pro Tools Key commands. Nevertheless, now I can't solo a track just by using key commands. For some reason the one I've been using for the past 4 years now makes the track Solo safe...

In the Key commands list it says Track Solo = " Shift + S" But its not soloing, rather doing a solo safe.

Anyone else getting this?

Hi there !

Yes, I got the exact same issue. I'm actually using Shift+S as my solo shortcut (like my Shift+M for muting track) and it's now doing Solo Safe. I hope it will be fixed but for now, I've mapped my solo shortcut elsewhere.
by fredboudin on Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:55 am
Bbd wrotePresonus hardware is getting more tightly integrated with Studui One as well.

yes, indeed.
My brand new AudioUSB 96 is broken and should be replaced next weeK :thumbdown:
by Robdp on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:38 am
antoinegrelet wrote
Robdp wrote
Robdp wroteWhat happened to the solo function?

Windows:
"Shift+S" is by default assign to Zoom to Selection on my side anyway. Maybe you had created a custom keyboard shortcut?

Yeah I think it's because I'm using the Pro Tools Key commands. Nevertheless, now I can't solo a track just by using key commands. For some reason the one I've been using for the past 4 years now makes the track Solo safe...

In the Key commands list it says Track Solo = " Shift + S" But its not soloing, rather doing a solo safe.

Anyone else getting this?

Hi there !

Yes, I got the exact same issue. I'm actually using Shift+S as my solo shortcut (like my Shift+M for muting track) and it's now doing Solo Safe. I hope it will be fixed but for now, I've mapped my solo shortcut elsewhere.

Ok great!!! Good to know this is a bug! I knew I was being a moron lol.

Do we bug report here or somewhere else?? I feel like this is a pretty big thing to overlook and have broken in an update.

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by roland1 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:04 am
I laughed. :)

fredboudin wrote
Bbd wrotePresonus hardware is getting more tightly integrated with Studui One as well.

yes, indeed.
My brand new AudioUSB 96 is broken and should be replaced next weeK :thumbdown:

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Bbd on Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:36 am
Me too! That's really funny!
:lol:

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by mikemanthei on Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:56 am
Robdp wroteNevertheless, now I can't solo a track just by using key commands.

Why not?
Can't you just open the keyboard shortcuts and assign whatever you want to the solo function?

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by fredboudin on Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:20 am
Is there a way to pin point the midi random window ?
It's annoying to open it several times when I want to try several random parameters.
by roland1 on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:15 am
I haven't encountered this problem because I write all the musical parts myself instead of expecting S1 to do it for me. :p

[Awkward silence as Roland1 is exposed as being a blatant, unrepentant Anti-Loopist.]

fredboudin wroteIs there a way to pin point the midi random window ?
It's annoying to open it several times when I want to try several random parameters.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by michaelmangini1 on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:56 am
Hi all,
New to S1 coming over from PT (after 20 years) also new to the forum do not sure if this is the place to post this..
Question ...In PT I can have 2 mix bus chains (I do one ITB with plugins and one OTB with hardware ) because I can send a aux to 2 separate outputs. Any suggestion how I could do the same in S1?
by PreAl on Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:35 pm
michaelmangini1 wroteHi all,
New to S1 coming over from PT (after 20 years) also new to the forum do not sure if this is the place to post this..
Question ...In PT I can have 2 mix bus chains (I do one ITB with plugins and one OTB with hardware ) because I can send a aux to 2 separate outputs. Any suggestion how I could do the same in S1?

Right forum wrong thread.
Please create a new thread for yourself, we are discussing the recent release here.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by markrobotham on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:24 am
There`s one thing I have noticed especially between major versions, 3 to 4, 4 to 4.5 etc is with custom templates. I have one that I use for every song I start. If I create a template in say version 4 and use that same template when 4.5 came out I seem to have had more odd issues.

The point is and what I've learnt is to create a new fresh template from scratch for each major version from scratch, I have less issues if I do that. Just something I've personally noticed and thought I`d mention it for anyone else who uses a startup template.

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by Jemusic on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:14 pm
markrobotham wroteThere`s one thing I have noticed especially between major versions, 3 to 4, 4 to 4.5 etc is with custom templates. I have one that I use for every song I start. If I create a template in say version 4 and use that same template when 4.5 came out I seem to have had more odd issues.

The point is and what I've learnt is to create a new fresh template from scratch for each major version from scratch, I have less issues if I do that. Just something I've personally noticed and thought I`d mention it for anyone else who uses a startup template.

Excellent advice. And not only that but the developers have said it more than once too. Another thing too is it is much better to not open older songs in new versions (Major updates I am talking here, e.g. V3 to V4 or even to 3.5 or 4.5, point updates are usually fine. You did not have the new version while half way through the song anyway and most often the new features won't help you either) The devs have said this on more than one occasion too. Finish off your song in the previous version e.g. V3. Start everything fresh in V4. I have been doing this for years too and never had any issues as well.

It is easy to install any new versions adjacent to your existing version as well while you are finishing off older songs while learning the new features of the newer updates etc..Then when things are very stable etc it is also easy to remove the older version and transfer over fully to the later.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by samirelborno on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:45 pm
markrobotham wroteThere`s one thing I have noticed especially between major versions, 3 to 4, 4 to 4.5 etc is with custom templates. I have one that I use for every song I start. If I create a template in say version 4 and use that same template when 4.5 came out I seem to have had more odd issues.

It might seem like a good advice regarding templates when starting new projects but don't forget every existing song is a template as well and recreating these is just time consuming.

Studio One Pro 5.x 64bit | macOS 12.x & macOS 11.x
Mac Book Pro M1 Max | 10core | 64GB Ram | 8TB SSD
Mac mini M1 9,1 | 8core | 16GB Ram | RME Fireface UFX+ | macOS 11.6
Mac mini 8,1 | 6core | 64GB Ram | Quantum | macOS 11.6
by markrobotham on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:18 am
sambosun wroteIt might seem like a good advice regarding templates when starting new projects but don't forget every existing song is a template as well and recreating these is just time consuming.

That`s very true, I certainly couldn't go through and re do every song or remix with a new version, that`s just not practical. I've never had any issue with opening and playing back/bouncing down old projects, its when I start to edit and make changes I see odd issue happening.

Templates however where you plan to start a fresh project is a good idea IMO

Also as Jemusic says...

Jemusic wroteFinish off your song in the previous version e.g. V3. Start everything fresh in V4. I have been doing this for years too and never had any issues as well

Been guilty of this myself in the past, cant wait to get new version installed lol

ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ

by PreAl on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:53 am
Presonus needs to implement better code to cleanup project files and templates from inconsistencies created by previous versions . If the issue is specifically with an old project or template, cut it down to its basics and send it to support who should analyse it and push it on to dev (one hopes).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by mickboggis on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:50 pm
Is there a resource where I can find out what the updates in 4.5.2 in the Project page do ? ie Normalisation is it to dbfs peak , RMS etc ? Selectable etc.
Thanks in advance

62 postsPage 2 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4