12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi

Here's an impact preset that maps perfectly on my controller.

C1.PNG

Then I change a preset and then you will see the bottom pad changes from C1 to B0 meaning the controller pads don't map in alignment any more...

C2.PNG

Is there a simple way to fix this when this happens?

Thanks..

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by BobF on Fri May 25, 2018 3:56 pm
Good question. I've noticed this too and have set my MPD26 aside until I have time to chase this down.

I hope there's an easy way

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by PreAl on Sat May 26, 2018 4:11 pm
24 hours later still scratching my head.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by bstin on Sat May 26, 2018 8:23 pm
I seem to remember that old versions of Impact (V2? V3?) used to start on B0, but I've noticed since upgrading to V4 that "new" presets seem to start at C1. I had to modify my Maschine controller template to take this into account to play the new Impact XT presets.

So, perhaps its just loading older presets where B0 was the norm.
by robertgray3 on Sun May 27, 2018 9:39 am
bstin wroteI seem to remember that old versions of Impact (V2? V3?) used to start on B0, but I've noticed since upgrading to V4 that "new" presets seem to start at C1. I had to modify my Maschine controller template to take this into account to play the new Impact XT presets.

So, perhaps its just loading older presets where B0 was the norm.

That’s it. The old version started at B0 and the preset authors such as MVP etc just followed that. Since I know you’re a Maschine user PreAI maybe keep one Group for “Impact Compatibility”. Pick a group you don’t use much like Group H, set it up in the NI Controller Editor to start from B0 and call it a day.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Lawrence on Sun May 27, 2018 10:46 am
It doesn't matter where the pads are located position wise in Impact, you can put the sounds on any pads you want. The only thing that matters is the pitch / trigger assignments for them. . The most common standard for drums is the General Midi map and B0 is part of that.

http://computermusicresource.com/GM.Per ... eyMap.html

With Impact kits that don't match whatever you happen to be using to trigger it, edit the pad pitch assignments so that it does and update the preset.

Hope that helps.
by PreAl on Sun May 27, 2018 11:02 am
Thanks, it would have been nice however if Impact had a quick remapping feature for old maps so it could be more consistent.

To be honest there's a lot of ways impact could improve it's pad mapping, and arranging pads, Geist for instance has tons of features on this... Feature request time I guess.

by chris_b on Mon May 28, 2018 9:23 am
PreAl wroteit would have been nice however if Impact had a quick remapping feature for old maps so it could be more consistent.

I feel like this might be possible with scripting.
by chrissederqvist1 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:51 am
Still no easy way to fix this?
I recently purchased the MVP Loops - Core Drum Kits Vol. 1, boasting about having been made specifically for Impact XT, and inside there are kits mapped all over the place.

How does the Atom controller set up its pads by default?
I guess that should be the reference standard, but apparently not?

Studio One 4 Professional on  MacBook Pro 2017 15"
Software Developer / Hobby Musician
Computers are like bicycles for our mind
- Steve Jobs
by damienleebenoit on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:02 pm
Yes, anyone have any answers for this yet? I have been trying to go through and edit my kits but at this point i feel confused like im not doing it right. It takes just way too long to change the mapping of it this way also!

by MANOVA on Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:41 am
PreAl wroteThanks, it would have been nice however if Impact had a quick remapping feature for old maps so it could be more consistent.

To be honest there's a lot of ways impact could improve it's pad mapping, and arranging pads, Geist for instance has tons of features on this... Feature request time I guess.

Hi , i know it's been a while but i would really appreciate some Geist futures in Impact xt.
Have you maid a request about that? i could back it up !!!
by andrewbennett6 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:20 pm
Wouldn't it be nice if Presonus could create templates for us.
They have the resources / personnel, time and money.
They do everything else so well.
Why are they not assisting so many of us in this area??

12 posts
Page 1 of 1