Discuss Monitor Station V2 and Monitor Station (Legacy)
Central Station and Central Station Plus
MicroStation BT
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Strangely my Central Station just stopped working after no prior existing problems.

Yesterday I went into my studio turned on my Central Station (the model with the wall wart) and it wouldn't turn on, and wouldn't power the remote. The metering lights would flicker with continuously about once every second.

Has anyone seen this problem before and can they point me in the right direction? I checked the power supply with a multimeter and it appeared to be giving the right voltage. I wasn't able to verify the current (I'm not very good with a mutilmeter), but I assume it is correct.

Thanks in advance for any help.
by matthewgorman on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:29 am
I have never experienced that, unfortunately. I would suggest a support ticket. Even if out of warranty, they charge a modest bench fee for repair (flat rate), and that also gives you a fresh 1 year warranty.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by pablogonzalez1 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:52 am
I have same issue. I bought it new, plugged in as expected, and was working with it for 2 years ( soft use, in my studio, not everyday) but suddenly I turned it on and the LED started flashing, and no sound out of it .

I went to ask to te techs here they suspect of power source. It was a long time ago and replaced it with a mixer by now, soon I expect to send it there to make the fix.

I have the feeling that this is a design issue, so I´m not so optimistic about it. I didn´t buy any presonus thing since there, I prefered this one instead of the monitor station thinking that it was more professional, but in the end it was a 1000 USD loss (here in Chile is twice the price).

Greetings from Chile.

ps: Im not sure which gen is this one.
by Skip Jones on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:26 am
Gen one did not include the remote at the time, it was optional. Gen two (current) includes the remote.As Matt mentioned, I would open up a support ticket.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by edwardtaylor10 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:05 pm
Hello this is probably too late but hopefully someone finds this useful. (in short my problem was just soldering joints that went bad)

I had the same problem with my central station and after not being able to afford the 300 erous to get it fixed i got a can of freeze spray and isolated the problem to a row of SMD capcitors and very small resistors (I have attached a picture hopefully,
Central station .pdf
Circled are the box things that had the bad joins on them, or me it was possibly only 1 or 2 of them.
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 992 times
). These were still working and instead it was the soldering on their joints that was broken as you can make the central station turn on by running your finger up and down and pressing a bit on this row of small reisitors and capcitors. After it turned on it ran completely normally without the finger.(If you blast it with freeze spray it makes a connection and turns on too but not due to the cold)

To fix it you need a fine tipped solidering iron and a steady hand, just tap each end of these little components and if needed put a little bit of extra solder on. As they are so small it is a massive pain if you knock one out or put too much solder on so i recomend asking someone to hold it down with something while someone gently heats up the solder already there to try and fix the bad connection. However you might need to add a little bit extra.

I hope this fix works for you and sorry if this was written terribly. :)

On a side note the larger capcitors appeared to be leaking when I took the thing apart so this could be a problem, these are easily replaced though.
by Bbd on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:38 pm
Thank you for the post.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by SaintMark on Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:40 pm
matthewgorman wroteI have never experienced that, unfortunately. I would suggest a support ticket. Even if out of warranty, they charge a modest bench fee for repair (flat rate), and that also gives you a fresh 1 year warranty.

Is this "flat rate" policy still in place?
With my recent support ticket (for failed meters), I was told to contact authorized service centers. I only contacted one so far, but was told it's hourly rate of $110, not flat rate. Now I'm not sure it's worth fixing....

7 posts
Page 1 of 1