This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I assume most people (music producers) work with Snap activated, cause they work Grid based.
And if they need to do something "Off-Grid", they just hold down the SHIFT key, to temporarily disable Snap.

But did you know the SHIFT key really acts a TOGGLE for the Snap State ?!

So let's say you work mostly with material that doesn't has to be "On-Grid" at all.
For instance you work alot with Narration or you produce Radio commercials.
In that case, just leave Snap always OFF.
And when you do need to place something on Grid, just hold down the SHIFT key and Snap will be enabled !

Kind Regards.

Macbook Air M1 2020, 8 gig RAM, 256 gig SSD | OSX Ventura -latest Beta | Presonus Studio 24C audio interface.
by warddejager on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:10 am
First thing I do when trying out software is to use all different shift , control, alt click combinations
In the piano roll , ctrl + mouse pointer lets you draw notes etc..

Intel I5 second gen , 16 gig ram , amd radeon , win 10

Soft :renoise , studio one pro , reaktor 6 , talmod , vallhalla , toneboosters , loomer architect , Klanghelm ,audio realism
Hard : clavia Nord modular g1 , Roland integra , yamaha A5000 , kenton control freak , Senheisser k6/me66 , beyerdynamic dt880
by vanhaze on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:27 am
Exactly what i do also !
Name it a weird of hobby of mine haha.
But i get much pleasure out of this, discovering many "hidden" functionality this way.

Sidenote: And don't forget to try out modifier key(s) in combination with Scroll Wheel;
Many DAW's (S1 also) have assigned those to Zoom Actions.

Macbook Air M1 2020, 8 gig RAM, 256 gig SSD | OSX Ventura -latest Beta | Presonus Studio 24C audio interface.
by BezowinZ on Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:38 pm
vanhaze wroteI assume most people (music producers) work with Snap activated, cause they work Grid based.
And if they need to do something "Off-Grid", they just hold down the SHIFT key, to temporarily disable Snap.

But did you know the SHIFT key really acts a TOGGLE for the Snap State ?!

So let's say you work mostly with material that doesn't has to be "On-Grid" at all.
For instance you work alot with Narration or you produce Radio commercials.
In that case, just leave Snap always OFF.
And when you do need to place something on Grid, just hold down the SHIFT key and Snap will be enabled !

Kind Regards.
Found this looking for an answer to a problem. This will be great as soon as I can solve this.

Shift stopped temporarily disabling snap to grid. It now serves as a drag to grab multiple events. Did I mistakenly toggle something off/on?

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by tothrec on Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:02 pm
vanhaze wrote

[snip]

Kind Regards.

When I shift click on an audio event, a range is selected when I drag. I was expecting it to drag/snap.

What am I missing?

Steven

Steven Bell
Owner/Chief Engineer
Top of the Hill Studios
topofthehillstudios.com

ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4
Intel Core i7 12-core
32GB DDR5
SSD E.2 system and audio drives
Win11 Pro x64
(2) Lynx AES16e's and Aurora 16's
by vanhaze on Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:23 am
- Leftmouse click on the lower area of an event.
- Keep left mouse button down.
- Now, hold down Shift key.
- Move mouse left or right, thus, moving the event left or right.
You will notice that the event snaps to the Grid.

So it's about the timing of holding down the Shift key ..

Hope this helps ! :)

6 posts
Page 1 of 1