Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just joined the forum but in searching for slurring I'm not seeing what I'm looking for.
My experience is no matter what ties I make between notes, when I hit Play to have the performance playback, the ties are not honored in the audio. Only single notes sound out. Is there a setting I need to make or a toggle I'm missing to have ties/slurs play back correctly, or is this a limitation of the iPad software version of Notion itself?

Second question - and this is a long shot - are there aftermarket, fan-produced, or additional instruments available for download to the Notion IOS that might include Accordion voicings?

Many thanks in advance.
Peter
by petertavernise on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:08 am
Bump, thanks.
by christopherrussell on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:07 pm
Are you sure you are using a tie and not a slur? The tie is in the note selection area, and should not sound an additional time...the slur requires the selection "box" and then the use of the slur icon. I don't mean to insult your knowledge of ties & slurs, but I just want to be sure.

As for accordion...as you know, there's no voice for it in iOS, and I don't think the expansion packs for Mac/Windows have it, either. If you have another notation program that does, you can always export a file created on your iPad via MusicXML and import it into just about any other software package.

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele

3 posts
Page 1 of 1