StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, first post here.

We use a brand new 16.4.2 since 2016-03-15 and as time has pass the mixer is changing values of random controls. ej: The Attack on the compressor, Threshold on the gate or some band or gain of the eq. Even the volume of the chanel.

Have any of you heard someting like this?

Any help is apreciated. Thanks.
by wahlerstudios on Tue May 28, 2019 6:37 am
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you get the help you are looking for. My "classic" era is over since some years, so I try to remember... I would start with a reset of the mixer's configuration. I don't remember if there is something like a Zero Out Scene - if there is, load it (save your own scenes and settings first). The mixer should work normal then. If not...

... the next thing to do is to check, if firmware and software match. You find everything you need in your PreSonus account. If that does not solve the problem...

... do a factory reset of the mixer. I don't remember how this was done on a classic mixer, but the manual should tell. A reset will really "clean" your mixer. All scenes and settings will be gone then. The mixer will be "fresh". If that doesn't help...

... you should contact service. Maybe your mixer needs a repair.

Something you should always check are the physical connections. FireWire can be quite nasty, or electricity (too little power, interruptions of power). This can also be the reason for changed settings in the mixer. Also, the mixer needs some time to internally store the actual settings. I think it's 45 seconds. During this time you should NEVER turn off your mixer! This can easily lead to misfunctions.

Good luck!
by urimacas on Tue May 28, 2019 11:05 am
wahlerstudios wroteWelcome to the forum. Hopefully you get the help you are looking for. My "classic" era is over since some years, so I try to remember... I would start with a reset of the mixer's configuration. I don't remember if there is something like a Zero Out Scene - if there is, load it (save your own scenes and settings first). The mixer should work normal then. If not...

... the next thing to do is to check, if firmware and software match. You find everything you need in your PreSonus account. If that does not solve the problem...

... do a factory reset of the mixer. I don't remember how this was done on a classic mixer, but the manual should tell. A reset will really "clean" your mixer. All scenes and settings will be gone then. The mixer will be "fresh". If that doesn't help...

... you should contact service. Maybe your mixer needs a repair.

Something you should always check are the physical connections. FireWire can be quite nasty, or electricity (too little power, interruptions of power). This can also be the reason for changed settings in the mixer. Also, the mixer needs some time to internally store the actual settings. I think it's 45 seconds. During this time you should NEVER turn off your mixer! This can easily lead to misfunctions.

Good luck!

Thanks.
Indeed the classic is old and i understand this is a weird failure, so i want to leave some record of it.

From your advice i'm noticing i was not clear enough. The changes on the configuration doesnt appear from session to session they appear live, while the service is on going. Sporadically some control will change. In one ocation the lead mic went muted by de tresshold of the gate who went up to the max (0dB).

My guess is that dust and moisture is to blame, since no firewire is used. So maintenance cleanup is required and a factory reset is a must.

Again, any comments are welcome.
by PAE Seth on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:40 pm
Bad Pots for sure.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower

4 posts
Page 1 of 1