5 posts
Page 1 of 1
***EDIT*** Scroll down for my most recent and most relevant post. :geek:

I've tried just about everything.. have read nearly every article on presonus website, and done a thousand searches... Here's my problem:

I'm running bootcamp from my mac, allowing me to choose windows or mac when i boot up the computer. My firebox works fine on the mac OS, no problem. For some reason I can not get the windows OS to recognize it though. I followed the uninstall/install driver (presonus website) instructions to the 'T'. Even still after it is "installed" it still isn't working.

If I try to use the "add hardware feature" it shows up on the list as installed, and when i troubleshoot it says it's working properly. Yet when I go to set it as the default audio playback in audio/speaker settings it doesn't even show up on the list!

I'm not sure if it's a conflict with other drivers installed or what, but I'm out of ideas and to my knowledge have tried everything. Very frustrating!

If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Last edited by benyew on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
by benyew on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:16 pm
OKAY, so I installed the SP2 hottfix (even though I'm running SP3) (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955408) and that actually made a difference.

Now I'm able to select the firebox as default, and am able to get audio out of my speakers. Now the only problem is it's a reduced volume, it will only let me get it so loud. I.e. as only to the first little bar in the audio preferences for the device, if i drag the slider louder, it just automatically goes back down. so basically it's two settings, on at a said volume, or off.

Plz help guys, I feel like im so close to having this now. What now?
by benyew on Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:38 am
Alright so at this point I've gotten so that I get full output, the only problem is, I am restricted to the use of the "Main Level" volume knob on the firebox to adjust the volume. For example if I try to use the volume up/down keys on keyboard, it will immediately bring the "wave" volume for the device down to that first bar of the slider again, and can only get it back up to normal volume again by manually sliding the bar back up again.

I know this isn't an issue with bootcamp/keyboard because it was working before with the built in output as the default sound device.

Thanks in advance guys
by benyew on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:44 am
Okay; I can live with the knob issue; even though I believe it can and should be fixed... but something else I've noticed, which is WAY more annoying. Is that I'm getting weird artifact-type sounds when music etc is playing through the firebox (speakers or headphones, only on windows)

It almost sounds like static, a split second break, or like its lagging or something. It's constant, yet periodic. As in it wont stop, but at the same time you only here it every second or two

it can't be cpu/memory related i don't believe.

As always answers appreciated!

:ugeek:
by cvtrig on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:00 am
I would suggest reading up on all the information in the knowledgebase related to firewire chipset controllers and optimizations for your OS.

http://support.presonus.com/entries/215 ... -to-my-PC-

5 posts
Page 1 of 1