198 postsPage 7 of 10
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Lokeyfly wrote
hassanelshafei wroteYes I saw the video and I even posted the link but apparently my post got removed as well.

Obviously it was a mistake so I will respect that and won't tell what was on that video or what is about to be announced but yes get excited for
more stuff than just simple nektar integration..yet I was hoping for a little bit more #greed but happy days here,can't complain!

Cheers

Hassan

I did the same thing, thinking hey, "share, share, that's fair", but my post was immediately removed. I do understand why, and it wasn't my intention to leak anything as I figured it's common knowledge. Someone needs to tell Russ over at S1P, to "Dig yourself". Or he needs to find out how that happened.
Innacscusable. Beta testers, and pre release support are sworn to uphold the secrecy behind a new release.

Somebody's head's going to roll. :roll:

Aside from that, I think it's worth having a look, come Tuesday morning at 10:00 am Central.

I am sure it was an honest mistake..it happens.
But if am very honest,since there were some of the updates I was waiting for not present ,I had this little voice in my head telling me"what if this is intentional to bluff us and on Tuesday we will find a 5.0 update 😂

I knew my imagination has gone way wild but I safely returned back to my senses..

Still a very welcome and strong "surprise" /update coming tomorrow.

Thank you presonus! :thumbup:

DAW: Studio One Professional 5 | OS: MacOs 11.6 |PC:MacPro (2019) 3.3 GHz 12-Core, RAM:112 Gb | Audio Interface: Antelope Goliath | Monitoring: Barefoot MM12
by roland1 on Mon May 20, 2019 12:32 pm
Lokeyfly wroteIf we've learned anything, we now know:

Nektar are aliens from another planet.

....and

Soylent green, is people.

This was also my thinking. But I would also add that Soylent Green is poor people because they're in greater supply.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by j0001s on Mon May 20, 2019 12:37 pm
There had been multiple places where the time is listed as CST - Central Standard Time.

I pointed this out to a Presonus rep on Gearslutz, and he has confirmed that it's Central Daylight Time (CDT).
by Steve Carter on Mon May 20, 2019 3:18 pm
Mmmm.. I happened upon the video in the early hours of this morning ( GMT + 1) and posted about it in this (and another) thread, then I was beginning to think that I dreamt it because my posts disappeared! I did in my post question whether the YouTube release was a mistake and now it's been confirmed that it was!

So, I've watched the last episode of GoT and the S1 v4.5 video (which didn't really go into a lot of detail) but in the spirit of things - no spoilers from me either, so enjoy the release tomorrow I think it's going to please quite a few users - unlike the conclusion to GoT ....!!

Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by darrenporter1 on Mon May 20, 2019 3:37 pm
Pffft... I was right on 95% of my predictions for the final season of GoT. Only thing I was wrong about was who ended up as the royal-in-charge... I thought it was going to be a different survivor and not the obvious one lots thought either. I can't believe people weren't really paying all that much attention to how Martin was setting everything up. I once read an interview with Martin where he was kind of setting up how things were going to end and he was emphatically saying he was an ENORMOUS Tolkein fan and how his favorite part of the whole story was the Cleansing of the Shire and how in the end it was the Hobbits ended up saving the world.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by darrenporter1 on Mon May 20, 2019 3:39 pm
I sure hope they worked with Softube on this release to make sure the integration with Console 1 wasn't broken with all these changes... and that things you could always do in C1 that are going to be new in S1 are part of that integration. I'd hate to have to wait several weeks or months for everything to be updated between the two!

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by robertgray3 on Mon May 20, 2019 3:52 pm
garyshepherd wroteSaw the video last night - looks okay - no mention of the colour palette or GUI improvements - main thing seems to be waveform display which is long overdue - plugin management seems better too. But please sort out the Scratch Pad!

I’m with you on the Scratch Pad! Unfortunately for the scratch pad to get sorted out people are going to have to report problems when they find them. They can only find so much on their own.

I DM a lot of people on the giant SO Support Facebook group and only maybe one in five is ever willing to send some kind of file or steps to help demonstrate the issue to Presonus. Most people just say they stopped using the Scratch Pad when it didn’t work great on release.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by bassfx on Mon May 20, 2019 4:55 pm
Jose7822 wrote
brettgoodkin wroteThe info is out there now guys... why are y’all treating it like spoiler alerts for Game or Thrones?

As said... if you want to know the updates, head over to GS

Because, respect?

Obviously Presonus didn’t want this info leaked given the video was taken down, and some posts have been removed. If you find the info elsewhere, we’ll that’s a different story. All I’m asking is not to post it in Presonus’ own forums...out of respect. Seems like common sense to me. Then again, in this day and age...no one gives a s#*t about that anymore.

Agreed! Also, I think it was pretty cool that Presonus spent all that time with the fun marketing teasers. That's the kind of attitude that I really enjoy and to have it blown up like that was pretty uncool, whether or not it was an honest mistake from Russ. So out of respect for the Presonus team I agree about giving them their dues for their hard work and creativity/enthusiasm with this release.
by bassfx on Mon May 20, 2019 4:58 pm
Oh, and also, what I don't want to happen at Presonus is that they come down so hard on beta testers to lock them down with complicated NDAs, that no one decent will want to beta test for them any more... and I also don't want their marketing department to feel like it's not worth the effort to have a little fun with a release!
by Jose7822 on Mon May 20, 2019 5:49 pm
jdurham wroteOh, and also, what I don't want to happen at Presonus is that they come down so hard on beta testers to lock them down with complicated NDAs, that no one decent will want to beta test for them any more... and I also don't want their marketing department to feel like it's not worth the effort to have a little fun with a release!

Completely agree!!

Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Xtreme | Intel Core i9 10900K (OC'ed to ~5 GHz) | 128GB of RAM | EVGA RTX 3060 Ti Gaming | Corsair iCUE H100i Water Cooler | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1200 Watt PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Studio One 5 | Lynx Aurora (n) 8TB | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad
by PreAl on Mon May 20, 2019 6:34 pm

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jBranam on Mon May 20, 2019 6:39 pm
contrary to popular belief respect is earned and NOT given... seems too many have lingered in the day room and yard for far too long lol

as for soylent green... poor people? i am shocked, appalled and now nauseous. i only eat the rich lol

:punk: :punk: :punk:

p.s. a step forward is STILL a step forward. thnx devs :thumbup: cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by PreAl on Mon May 20, 2019 6:54 pm
Ok so I've found the info (ssssh). Looks like a great update, well done them, nicely done.

Still sadly outstanding though...

ARA2 support.
Multi-core CPU implementation
Polyphonic After Touch support.
Time stretch algorithm improvements.
No atom manual update (lol).

but there is a lot to be happy about...

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Jemusic on Mon May 20, 2019 10:21 pm
PreAl wroteOk so I've found the info (ssssh). Looks like a great update, well done them, nicely done.

Still sadly outstanding though...

ARA2 support.

Incorrect. I think you will find Studio One has been ARA2 equipped for a while now. It depends on the plugin itself.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-p ... ven-closer

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/studio ... ts-amazing

The info you have found on 4.5 is also incomplete.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by snb1 on Tue May 21, 2019 1:02 am
:geek: :shock: :ugeek: :reading:

Studio One Pro 6.6 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by SkylineUK on Tue May 21, 2019 1:06 am
ARA2 support in the latest Cakewalk update...
;)

My songs

Intel i9 9940X @ 3.3GHz, 14 cores, 32GB RAM.
OS & Programs drive: 1TB SSD
Data drives: 1 x 1TB SSD drive, plus extra 1TB HDD drive
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Studio One 64 bit. Version: 4.6.1.55987
Cakewalk by BandLab
1 Lava Lamp
by Jemusic on Tue May 21, 2019 1:26 am
And seeing as how ARA is a combined development between Ceremony and PreSonus, I would say Studio One had it long before Sonar.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by arndkaiser on Tue May 21, 2019 2:10 am
Jemusic wroteAnd seeing as how ARA is a combined development between Ceremony and PreSonus, I would say Studio One had it long before Sonar.

PreSonus and Celemony are defining and developing ARA together. Studio One has been the first host application to support ARA2, which has been part of version 4.0 - released almost exactly one year ago.

Arnd Kaiser - General Manager - PreSonus Software
____________________________________________________________________________________
M1 Mac Book Pro (13" - 2020) / LG 5K UltraFine Display / macOS 13.4 / PreSonus Revelator io44

"friends don't let friends clap on one and three"
by PreAl on Tue May 21, 2019 3:03 am
From memory Reaper had it first, although it was a beta.

Mod Edit: Apologies AI, meant to reply but ended up editing your post by mistake. Please feel free to add yout comments back.

I would happily accept the apology if you actually gave your name rather than hide behind "mod".

Alex
Last edited by PreAl on Tue May 21, 2019 6:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

by roland1 on Tue May 21, 2019 6:14 am
Event cancelled.

We'll be staying at 4.14 indefinitely.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The Management.

[ :D ]

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)

198 postsPage 7 of 10
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10