198 postsPage 4 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10
It's definitely 4.1.5...

or 4.2...

or 4.5...

or 5.0...

or PreSonus Presents Studio One 2020...

or they could pull a Microsoft and jump straight to version 6.0...

:P

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by snb1 on Fri May 17, 2019 9:20 am
I have a Nektar Panorama P6 midi controller so I'm excited about the Nektar integration and support which I did ask for some time ago along with a bunch of others. So even if that is the only thing that's announced on the 21st of May, I'll be happy with that. :punk:

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by roland1 on Fri May 17, 2019 9:39 am
If that's all we're getting, then expect an angry mob uprising against this pampered upper class of the Nektar "elite." :D

snb1 wroteI have a Nektar Panorama P6 midi controller so I'm excited about the Nektar integration and support which I did ask for some time ago along with a bunch of others. So even if that is the only thing that's announced on the 21st of May, I'll be happy with that. :punk:

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Funkybot on Fri May 17, 2019 9:42 am
gregghart wrote
Funkybot wrote
ryanm1 wrote5. No Score Editor
6. Drum and Pattern Editors still need some work

While all of your numbered points would be amazing, these two here would definitely go far for me!

Just to go back and rank my prior list, my top items would be (this time in order):

1. MPE
2. MIDI Input Transformer/Logical Editor
3. Smart Tool
4. Improvements to the Drum Editor
5. Score Editor

I doubt we'd get all that in a 4.2 release, but I could see MPE or a Smart Tool being added. Or maybe that thing we "asked for" was notation editor built right in. Some level of Notion integration has been requested plenty since Presonus acquired Notion. This would be in addition to Nektar control.

Any of those three things, and I'd finally upgrade to v4 just to reward the step in the right direciton. My low-expectation guess: some level of NKS integration and Nektar control.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by Lokeyfly on Fri May 17, 2019 10:54 am
This just in..........

Now grab a seat, folks.......

Seriously, you know you've been waiting for it.....

Its.......... it's.......(drum roll)...........

The new Presonus Keyboard Controller Pro (Hwahhh, Cheeeer, Hooooiweeee!)

And you thought it was geared towards Nektar. :)

I wonder what the yellow heart does. Notation? The blue button, far right is obviously advanced monitoring!
Left blue button is a guitar. Hmmm, tablature entry?

Seriously. Probably ARA2 has arrived, and should bring awsome benefits.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by darrenporter1 on Fri May 17, 2019 11:35 am
lol i want one.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by Lokeyfly on Fri May 17, 2019 11:53 am
Whatever you do though, DO NOT press the red button. :XD:

Has something to do with being some virtual dream catcher. ARA2 is quite advanced!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Funkybot on Fri May 17, 2019 1:00 pm
Lokeyfly wroteWhatever you do though, DO NOT press the red button. :XD:

Has something to do with being some virtual dream catcher. ARA2 is quite advanced!

Nonsense! The big red button obviously enables recording. Yellow is Mute and Blue is solo.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by Lokeyfly on Fri May 17, 2019 1:08 pm
Funkybot wrote
Lokeyfly wroteWhatever you do though, DO NOT press the red button. :XD:

Nonsense! The big red button obviously enables recording. Yellow is Mute and Blue is solo.

You're right!
What was I thinking? :)

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by roland1 on Fri May 17, 2019 1:48 pm
I've needed one of these for a long time, even though I never knew that I needed it. But through the magic of advertising, I could see that my life was not yet complete. Not without this...magical device —the PKCP—that is sure to supercharge my songwriting and musical career.

$5000? I'll take two.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Daw Stew on Fri May 17, 2019 3:17 pm
isn't it the ten year anniversary of Studio One? Im sure v1 surfaced in 2009 so i'm expecting this announcement to be more than the nektar integration. Perhaps they've improved Studio One X and incorporated those features.
by Steve Carter on Fri May 17, 2019 3:33 pm
I can't make the 21st - any chance you can make it the 22nd or the day after.....? :shock:

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Lokeyfly on Fri May 17, 2019 5:13 pm
roland1 wrote: 1've needed one of these for a long time, even though I never knew that I needed it. But through the magic of advertising, I could see that my life was not yet complete. Not without this...magical device —the PKCP—that is sure to supercharge my songwriting and musical career

Yes, the subliminal messages have got to you. Both the email, and the sneak peak of the PKCP! Only what else is there? That's just the hardware. Wondering what software benefits, new thingy, or ring we can reach out for on the merry-round. Listen softly, you can hear the subliminal circus music playing now.

Yes.... I am waiting....I am waiting....said the glassy eyed user...... :punk:

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by roland1 on Fri May 17, 2019 5:53 pm
Does it come with extensions? I love buying addons. It's the only way to keep my credit card rewards rolling in—because I'm worth it.

Lokeyfly wrote
roland1 wrote: 1've needed one of these for a long time, even though I never knew that I needed it. But through the magic of advertising, I could see that my life was not yet complete. Not without this...magical device —the PKCP—that is sure to supercharge my songwriting and musical career

Yes, the subliminal messages have got to you. Both the email, and the sneak peak of the PKCP! Only what else is there? That's just the hardware. Wondering what software benefits, new thingy, or ring we can reach out for on the merry-round. Listen softly, you can hear the subliminal circus music playing now.

Yes.... I am waiting....I am waiting....said the glassy eyed user...... :punk:

by Lokeyfly on Fri May 17, 2019 8:12 pm
roland1 wrote: Does it come with extensions? I love buying addons. It's the only way to keep my credit card rewards rolling in—because I'm worth it.

That's right. You ARE worth it. You are unique, and you have plastic, eh I mean you have new means of creating your music. We have it for you. It's what you want. What you've always wanted. And you know what? The software update is Free! Thats right! Free. Because we care about you. So just wait a little longer, because on May 21st, we will share it with you. Why? Because you're special!

And you know what,? We are rolling out our extensions for it at a great price. Yes, always at a great price you see. Because you're worth it.

PKCP = $5000 though you might want 2
New features coming = free
Extensions= only $79 each. (Major holiday's, $49) because you'll want them, then. It's a special time of year, for special people.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by roland1 on Fri May 17, 2019 8:53 pm
As a proud future owner of the upcoming PKCP I feel so special. And soon, I will also feel poor and panic-stricken. :D

[But at least I'll be on the cutting edge of the leading edge of the top shelf of the exclusives in the best of their class. Er, something like that. I'm gonna have to watch the commercial again. I'm sure those words are in there somewhere.]

P.S. I side with what Bill Hicks said about marketers. ;)
Last edited by roland1 on Sat May 18, 2019 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Lokeyfly on Sat May 18, 2019 7:11 am
Email states "based on our most popular customer feedback".

Aside from mixer snapshots, there's nothing I'm looking for that's based on any popularity (I use the same motto as Graucho Marx, that "I dont want to have anything to do with any club that would have me as a member).

Snapshots, Skip forward looping, and velocity indication is all I'm looking for. Of course ARA2 will open new doors.

Quality is based on innovation, integrity, and practicality. Popularity only lends towards the integrity part, which is fine but as mentioned, there's little I'm looking as S1 fits most of the essentials I am looking for.

I think the ARA2 is going to open new exciting possibilities. That will get my attention.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by PreAl on Sat May 18, 2019 7:18 am
Interesting that CPU multicore has by FAR the most number of votes, but nobody is getting excited about that on this thread. Just an observation.

http://answers.presonus.com/10836/multi ... nstruments

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by roland1 on Sat May 18, 2019 7:19 am
Lokeyfly wroteEmail states "based on our most popular customer feedback".

Public hangings and DDT used to be popular, too. Now you've got me worried. :o
Last edited by roland1 on Sat May 18, 2019 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

by PreAl on Sat May 18, 2019 7:25 am
Public hanging built into the next Studio One sounds like a killer feature to me.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

198 postsPage 4 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10