7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have an 8 bar loop on a MIDI instrument track. It plays fine by itself. If I duplicate it 3 or 4 times, it will sometimes play fine once or twice but eventually one or more of the duplicated loops' will just stop during playback. Sometimes loop 1 and 2 will play fine, then loop 3 will stop after a bar, then the 4th loop will begin again as it should after 7 bars of silence on Loop 3.

Please see attached screenshot, the volume just stops on the third loop where the timeline marker is at bar 18, but the other duplicated copies play properly. Using Studio One 4, Thanks!

Attachments
Studio One Problem.PNG
by Tacman7 on Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 pm
I would zoom in and examine it closely.

Any weird stuff with notes right at the end?

Is it exactly one measure long?

That's usually what makes duplicating function erratically.

Probably others though.

Is there one really long note in there?

Hard to tell from the graphic.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by markrobotham on Thu May 16, 2019 10:53 pm
I get this too sometimes, but what i`ve noticed is that on copied clips(keyboard shortcut D) it seems to move notes off the grid slightly (not quantized) once I re-quantize duplicate clips the problem goes away. Pretty sure this is a bug of some kind when copying clips. Not sure if this is the same issue but worth checking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1
    ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ
    MSI GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X 12G
    Zoom UAC-8 Audio Interface
    Studio One 6 Pro (Latest Version)
    Notion 6 (Latest Version)
    Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime

[ YouTube ] [ Omnisphere Libraries ]
by jordanbencharski on Fri May 17, 2019 10:01 am
Thanks for the replies. There are no odd notes in the sequence, and when playing any of them on their own they play back correctly. It is only when playing from the start of the song that usually the third sequence will drop after 1 bar, and then the 4th sequence, which is a straight duplicate of the third, comes back right on cue.

I did notice that when it does cut out, it is right at the spot where there is a sharp vertical spike in the gray graph over the track.

Thanks again.
by scottyo7 on Sat May 18, 2019 2:17 am
Try moving your whole 8 bar piece over to the right.
Don't start at bar 1 (the very beginning)... start on bar 2 or beyond.

I'm not sure if it was a bug (or maybe still is) but years ago we found that it's best to start on bar 2 or beyond.

Also after you move it all over to the 'right', grab the front edge of your first event and ensure the midi note data is not extending beyond bar 2 (that is into the end of bar 1) but is 'snapped' right to bar 2's beginning. ;)

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by vanhaze on Sun May 19, 2019 3:23 am
jordanbencharski wroteThanks for the replies. There are no odd notes in the sequence, and when playing any of them on their own they play back correctly. It is only when playing from the start of the song that usually the third sequence will drop after 1 bar, and then the 4th sequence, which is a straight duplicate of the third, comes back right on cue.

I did notice that when it does cut out, it is right at the spot where there is a sharp vertical spike in the gray graph over the track.

Thanks again.

- Did you try, just for testing, another Instrument Plugin on that Instrument Track ?
- Could you maybe upload the S1 Songfile containing only the Instrument Track ?
Preferably with a S1 Instrument plugin inserted on it, instead of a thirdparty Instrument plugin.

Thx !

Macbook Air M1 2020, 8 gig RAM, 256 gig SSD | OSX Ventura -latest Beta | Presonus Studio 24C audio interface.
by phillipmuldrow on Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:59 pm
I've been having this same issue, did you ever get this resolved?

7 posts
Page 1 of 1