198 postsPage 3 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10
Yeah I think 4.5 is a stretch. Would be cool but I really do think it is primarily about Nektar and of course the standard slate of bug fixes/minor new features. Maybe worth a 4.2 label. Unless it also has some other significant changes it's not likely 4.5,

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by jonhamilton2 on Thu May 16, 2019 3:01 pm
gregghart wroteMIDI 2.0?

They don't even have Midi 1.0 fully implemented in this software yet.. The whole look ma no midi, is really biting them in the bleep now!

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by jonhamilton2 on Thu May 16, 2019 3:08 pm
neiljordan1 wroteHopefully, what they've got is a more versatile interface layer that works with Native Instruments, Nektar, etc.
The main reason I'm hoping is because their teaser said it's:

...based on our most popular customer feedback.

Looking at the open feature requests, Native Instruments / NKS definitely fits that description (a combined total of 2,000+ votes, just on the first page of top-voted requests), whereas there's almost nothing for Nektar.

Either that or the big thing is something entirely different, and the Nektar integration is another feature within that same release, maybe?

FYI, the genuine top-voted single feature request is the one for better multi-core CPU support, which would also be very welcome, but not very 'exciting' - I doubt they'd send out this sort of teaser for that.

Agreed, if Nektar support trumps NI Komplete Kontrol integration, that just shows Presonus isn't listening to user requests period! Nektar has long had support for Studio One, so that isn't very news worthy imo..

Though at least Nektar does support Studio One. Hat's off to them for that, but yes over 2,000 votes for NI's Komplete Kontrol support should definitely be made right at this point.

NI announced the other day,that MCU support will finally make it to the MK2 in their next update!

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 81/page-25
Last edited by jonhamilton2 on Thu May 16, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by ronaldlegere on Thu May 16, 2019 3:08 pm
Hmm, if it is about Modular Synthesis, maybe it is actually a piece of hardware? With CV in/ outs ? (But i think their current interfaces are DC coupled IIRC)

OR - all those 80's references though makes me think "retrospective record" might be in the cards finally, but better Midi integration would also sort of fit.

BUT, each of the posts they make features TV's. Maybe because whoever is doing the posts does google image search "80's TV" or maybe it is a clue :).

Hype?
by darrenporter1 on Thu May 16, 2019 3:29 pm
Maybe there is some new modular hardware. I didn't really pay attention to the brand of the modular synths the guy was playing with in the video.

by roland1 on Thu May 16, 2019 5:59 pm
I think we should call in a psychic medium to spoil the whole thing.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by SkylineUK on Fri May 17, 2019 1:43 am
jonhamilton2 wrote
gregghart wroteMIDI 2.0?

They don't even have Midi 1.0 fully implemented in this software yet.. The whole look ma no midi, is really biting them in the bleep now!

Agreed! :cry:

My songs

Intel i9 9940X @ 3.3GHz, 14 cores, 32GB RAM.
OS & Programs drive: 1TB SSD
Data drives: 1 x 1TB SSD drive, plus extra 1TB HDD drive
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Studio One 64 bit. Version: 4.6.1.55987
Cakewalk by BandLab
1 Lava Lamp
by Nip on Fri May 17, 2019 4:50 am
SkylineUK wrote
jonhamilton2 wrote
gregghart wroteMIDI 2.0?

Agreed! :cry:

+1 - ability to record and handle sysex seems much more important, than midi v2.0 which hardly any equipment support anyway.

Some seem to want polyphonic aftertouch as well. You can use that for cymbal mutes in SuperiorDrummer as one thing.

Think it is one year now since v4.0 so why not v4.5 - that would be really interesting to see.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
+1000 on better midi support.

Interestingly though, the latest Universal Control, and firmware released (March 28) for the Faderport 8/16 introduced a new midi mode (from the UC release notes):

- MIDI CC operation mode added to FaderPort 8 and 16

So perhaps MIDI got some well deserved attention in S1 too? Let's hope so!

Now I just need to figure out how this MIDI mode works on my FP8... 3 cheers for (no) updated manuals :roll:

Studio One Professional 6.1.1 | 64bit Melodyne Assistant 5.2.0.006

Faderport 8 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen
Studiologic SL88 Grand | Yamaha YDP-163 | Yamaha HS8 & HS8S | Austrian Audio Hi-X65 | Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO

Windows 10 x64 | AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Asus X570PRO | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | 6TB NVME SSD
by ryanm1 on Fri May 17, 2019 7:02 am
It's definitely 4.2. They wouldn't go from 4.1 to 4.5.

It will be focused on midi. Probably not just Nektar, because on Instagram they showed they were working with Roli... hopefully that means MPE and polyphonic aftertouch. They also recently asked if people used External Instruments with S1, so probably something there as well.
by gregghart on Fri May 17, 2019 7:37 am
Just curious as a relatively new Studio One user....

Do they typically charge for upgrading to major point releases like a 4.2 or 4.5? I started with 3.5 and I just bought the upgrade to 4.1 not too long ago.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by darrenporter1 on Fri May 17, 2019 7:47 am
4.2 no 4.5 small fee probably. but you are not forced to upgrade. if the current version is working fine for you then nothing is stopping you from using it.

by sirmonkey on Fri May 17, 2019 7:52 am
gregghart wroteJust curious as a relatively new Studio One user....

Do they typically charge for upgrading to major point releases like a 4.2 or 4.5? I started with 3.5 and I just bought the upgrade to 4.1 not too long ago.

Actually they only charge for next full version... like 2.xxx to 3.0, or 3.xxx to 4.0 etc. They don't charge for updates to the current version.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by neiljordan1 on Fri May 17, 2019 8:00 am
ryanm1 wroteIt's definitely 4.2. They wouldn't go from 4.1 to 4.5.

You would think so, right? But actually, they've jumped to .5 with all of the previous versions. Seems weird to me, but so it goes. Either way, 4.2 or 4.5, it's just branding.

Studio One Pro v6
2021 MacBook Pro: 10-Core M1 Max Chip, 64GB Unified Memory, SSD Storage
macOS 14
Motu M4 USB-C Interface, 48K Sample Rate
by neiljordan1 on Fri May 17, 2019 8:04 am
gregghart wroteMIDI 2.0?

I wondered this too, and that'd be great, but it seems unlikely, because apparently it's still in a prototyping phase, and only for MIDI Association members. Native Instruments are members, but Presonus apparently aren't, so it's unlikely they'd have the access needed to develop for it yet.

This article is a pretty decent summary.

Hopefully in the future.

Studio One Pro v6
2021 MacBook Pro: 10-Core M1 Max Chip, 64GB Unified Memory, SSD Storage
macOS 14
Motu M4 USB-C Interface, 48K Sample Rate
by Funkybot on Fri May 17, 2019 8:12 am

It will be focused on midi. Probably not just Nektar, because on Instagram they showed they were working with Roli... hopefully that means MPE and polyphonic aftertouch. They also recently asked if people used External Instruments with S1, so probably something there as well.

My biggest beef with Studio One has been the lack of progress on the MIDI side of the house. Things like (in no particular order of importance to me):

1. No MPE support (including polyphonic aftertouch)
2. No External Instruments
3. No Smart Tool for MIDI
4. No MIDI Input Transformer/Logical Editor
5. No Score Editor
6. Drum and Pattern Editors still need some work
7. No global transpose - fewer modifier options in the Info panel for MIDI/Instrument Tracks
8. No Sysex support
9. No MTC

These are things that old hat DAWs like Cubase and Sonar have done well (on the PC side, pretty sure Logic checks those boxes too), and Reaper has even made huge progress on in recent versions. I enjoy working in Studio One more (compared to Cubase), but since I do so much MIDI work these days, I barely even open S1. I'm hoping by version 5 at the latest (still years away), most of the above will have been addressed.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by gregghart on Fri May 17, 2019 8:24 am
Funkybot wrote
ryanm1 wrote5. No Score Editor
6. Drum and Pattern Editors still need some work

While all of your numbered points would be amazing, these two here would definitely go far for me!

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by graytermedia on Fri May 17, 2019 8:28 am
neiljordan1 wroteYou could well be right. It definitely can't be denied that some PreSonus products are competing with NI, but hopefully they acknowledge that at lot of people may choose another DAW if it doesn't support their Kontrol products.

This is why I jumped on the Cubase 10 Pro 50% off sale. The integration with my S49 is fantastic, and it's allowed me to reduced my setup to the S49, my Console 1 and the X-Touch One (for fader rides). I now have an all tactile workflow, and after several weeks, I barely touch my mouse much anymore.

For those of us that have bought into the NI universe, both software and controller(s), there really is no other way to work. I'll continue to support PreSonus, but Cubase impresses me more with each passing day.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by roland1 on Fri May 17, 2019 8:51 am
The upgrades within your current version are free. Always been that way.

gregghart wroteJust curious as a relatively new Studio One user....

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by roland1 on Fri May 17, 2019 8:53 am
Two posts and you're already part of the "Definite Class."

I envy you. :D

198 postsPage 3 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10