198 postsPage 2 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10
The cat is out of the bag. Khaleesi is gonna burn down the rest of Westeros.

Oh wait... that's Sunday the 19th. :)
by robertgray3 on Thu May 16, 2019 6:42 am
gregghart wroteSo if it's Nektar, why not Komplete Kontrol as well? I think that has as big of / bigger user base than Nektar.

Just guessing- maybe because judging by their support process Native Instruments might be a gigantic pain to work with.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by PreAl on Thu May 16, 2019 6:49 am
Frantically googling to see if Nektar supports Polyphonic aftertouch. Not coming up trumps...

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by gregghart on Thu May 16, 2019 7:23 am
robertgray3 wrote
gregghart wroteSo if it's Nektar, why not Komplete Kontrol as well? I think that has as big of / bigger user base than Nektar.

Just guessing- maybe because judging by their support process Native Instruments might be a gigantic pain to work with.

Interesting, I've always gotten excellent support from NI.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by robertgray3 on Thu May 16, 2019 7:48 am
gregghart wrote
robertgray3 wrote

Interesting, I've always gotten excellent support from NI.

Funny, the five times I've contacted them I either get a 2-month later "im not sure what you mean, but Case Resolved! Take this feedback survey!" or get upgraded to an engineer who gives some weird excuse why the feature doesn't work. My favorite was when they told me they "unofficially" don't support VSTs on Mac, they just install them for cross-platform compatibility, even though they.... aren't compatible :roll:

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by neiljordan1 on Thu May 16, 2019 7:55 am
Hopefully, what they've got is a more versatile interface layer that works with Native Instruments, Nektar, etc.
The main reason I'm hoping is because their teaser said it's:

...based on our most popular customer feedback.

Looking at the open feature requests, Native Instruments / NKS definitely fits that description (a combined total of 2,000+ votes, just on the first page of top-voted requests), whereas there's almost nothing for Nektar.

Either that or the big thing is something entirely different, and the Nektar integration is another feature within that same release, maybe?

FYI, the genuine top-voted single feature request is the one for better multi-core CPU support, which would also be very welcome, but not very 'exciting' - I doubt they'd send out this sort of teaser for that.

Studio One Pro v6
2021 MacBook Pro: 10-Core M1 Max Chip, 64GB Unified Memory, SSD Storage
macOS 14
Motu M4 USB-C Interface, 48K Sample Rate
by darrenporter1 on Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 am
Well guys, that level of integration is never a one-way street. PreSonus can't just wake up one morning and say "we are going to delvelop seamless integration with NI this week" lust like the NI folks can't just decide to make their stuff fully integrate with S1.

We don't know the full story but we do know It needs the full cooperation and support of both parties. From the video it sounds like PreSonus approached the Nektar folks and they said heck yeah let's do this so together they made it happen.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by neiljordan1 on Thu May 16, 2019 9:18 am
Just more speculation from me here, but according to a post on this feature on 03-Feb-2019, it appears that NI were already willing supporters of any integration:

Chris @ NI

Our Development Team is in talks with Presonus about this already. An SDK has been provided to Presonus for adding Host Integration Support to Studio One, so it is up Presonus to decide if and when they would like to implement this into Studio One. Beyond this, we have no further information available.

MCU support is still something that is planned, but I don't have any information on when that will get added to the Komplete Kontrol MK2 keyboards.

Studio One Pro v6
macOS 14
by darrenporter1 on Thu May 16, 2019 9:27 am
Well my speculation on the matter is that PreSonus does not have NI full support in S1 because of the Atom. If that is successful (and it seems to be) it would not surprise me if an "Atom+" or something is on the horizon.

by neiljordan1 on Thu May 16, 2019 9:30 am
You could well be right. It definitely can't be denied that some PreSonus products are competing with NI, but hopefully they acknowledge that at lot of people may choose another DAW if it doesn't support their Kontrol products. That said, I don't pretend to know for sure - I'm mainly just speaking from optimism!

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to share. With luck, I might finally be able to splash out on that sweet new Kontrol S61 I've been eyeballing.

Studio One Pro v6
macOS 14
by roland1 on Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 am
Oprah: "Everyone is getting A FREE NEKTAR CONTROLLER!!!"

[crowd cheers wildly. Looking bewildered, someone asks]:"What's a Nektar?"

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by musicchamber on Thu May 16, 2019 10:39 am
I'll stick my neck out and say we are being introduced to Studio One Pro v4.5. I don't think it will be just Nektar controller support.

Wishful thinking on my part.

Best
Scott

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by neiljordan1 on Thu May 16, 2019 10:45 am
I was thinking the same, or at least 4.2. Seems likely, given the pre-announcement teasing.

I just hope that if a key part of it is integration with other controllers, it spans more than just Nektar - they might just be one of the first groups to demonstrate it working. We shall see.

Studio One Pro v6
macOS 14
by phillipdixon on Thu May 16, 2019 11:56 am
musicchamber wroteI'll stick my neck out and say we are being introduced to Studio One Pro v4.5. I don't think it will be just Nektar controller support.

Best
Scott

i'am with you there buddy :punk:

S1 4 pro SCAN Pro Audio 3XSystem PC (dont know the details but high end build ,64g ram 9 ssd's
To many Spitfire.VSL. (amongst others) libraries
studio logic sl 88 and korg pianos and a ton of other
stuff that i just had to have
by Blades on Thu May 16, 2019 12:41 pm
Since the nektar update video is already out and was already announced before this marketing thingy (I saw it but don't recall where), I would expect that there will be more to the super secret streaming thing. Last time they did this was for the full 4.x update wasn't it? I would expect at least a major point update, especially since this is right at the 1 year mark from 4.x big deal streaming extravaganza.

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..
by BobF on Thu May 16, 2019 1:19 pm
robertgray3 wrote

Exactly! Nektar appears to go out of their way to make their gear work with a large number of DAWs

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by neiljordan1 on Thu May 16, 2019 1:31 pm
Any thoughts on what they're trying to say with the 80s style art for the teaser?

Maybe it's because MIDI is from the 80s, and this stuff seems to revolve around MIDI integration?

Studio One Pro v6
macOS 14
by darrenporter1 on Thu May 16, 2019 2:01 pm
Watch the video in post #1. Lots of modular hardware synth action going on there. That's my guess.

by phillipdixon on Thu May 16, 2019 2:40 pm
[quote="neiljordan1"]Any thoughts on what they're trying to say with the 80s style art

reminds me of the original superman film trailer.

S1 4 pro SCAN Pro Audio 3XSystem PC (dont know the details but high end build ,64g ram 9 ssd's
To many Spitfire.VSL. (amongst others) libraries
studio logic sl 88 and korg pianos and a ton of other
stuff that i just had to have
by roland1 on Thu May 16, 2019 2:44 pm
We may not talk about it, but I think most of us here are assuming that it's all about 4.5. Otherwise, who would care?

Nektar integration is just a side dish, not the main course. Notion 7? Nah.

But the 21st is bad for me. I wonder if they can maybe put it off for a day or two as a favor to me.

[In practice to become a narcissist.] :D

musicchamber wroteI'll stick my neck out and say we are being introduced to Studio One Pro v4.5. I don't think it will be just Nektar controller support.

Best
Scott

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)

198 postsPage 2 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10