5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Context: SL32 Series III, firmware 2.0.15934 (latest), iOS phones running Q-Mix.

Problem: I can get 1 stable/happy/working Q-Mix connection into the desk - ok so far. Adding a 2nd working connection is hit and miss - more miss than hit - I think I've seen it working only once, most of the time. IF it connects, the 2nd device can see the metering OK on the phone, but adjusting faders on the phone does nothing. I have never been able to get 3 simultaneous Q-Mix connects.

I want to reach 5 concurrent/stable/happy/working connects. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
John
by SwitchBack on Mon May 13, 2019 4:01 pm
I think the two key variables here are the router and the ether. You need a good router, and reasonably free WiFi bands to work with.
by johnmurdoch1 on Mon May 13, 2019 4:19 pm
SwitchBack wroteI think the two key variables here are the router and the ether. You need a good router, and reasonably free WiFi bands to work with.

Thanks for the reply.

This isn't a concert hall in a busy convention centre :-)

The router is in the same small room as the band (practice room), with no internet connection. It's dedicated to the configuration, with only the SL32 connected (cat6) and attempting to connect the iPhones. The practice room is in a house in the country, with no other detectable WIFI networks in range.

One thing I will try is moving the router outside of the equipment rack, but I'm finding it hard to understand why signal would be a problem from 15 feet / 5 metres away.

John
by wahlerstudios on Tue May 14, 2019 4:36 am
PreSonus QMix®-UC 3.0, Mar 28, 2019: Support for StudioLive Series III S mixers

There were several problems with a mismatch of firmware and software versions. If you are running firmware v2.0.15934 on your mixer, the iPhones MUST use the above mentioned version of QMix-UC. In this case everybody must use the same version of QMix.
by johnmurdoch1 on Thu May 16, 2019 5:40 pm
wahlerstudios wrotePreSonus QMix®-UC 3.0, Mar 28, 2019: Support for StudioLive Series III S mixers

There were several problems with a mismatch of firmware and software versions. If you are running firmware v2.0.15934 on your mixer, the iPhones MUST use the above mentioned version of QMix-UC. In this case everybody must use the same version of QMix.

Thanks, iOS and Android are usually good at pushing all updates out to devices, but I'll check.

(That raises the other question about coordinating the timing of all matched updates to all devices in an ecosystem. I postpone firmware updates to the console so that I don't update right before a gig and potentially brick the console, but I have no control over updates to any auto-push devices in our PreSonus networked ecosystem. That's a question for a different thread one day).

Thanks again,
John

5 posts
Page 1 of 1