19 posts
Page 1 of 1
My setup is
dbx 160A. Output 4 Input 4
dbx 160XT Output 5 Input 5
VLA II. Output 6 Input 6
Pultec Clone Output 7 Input 7
1176 Clone Output 8 Input 8

Part way through the mix session my dbx Compressors stop working and eventually the other gear goes out too.
Sometimes I can restart the song and everything is good but this isn’t working as much anymore.

What happens is the pipeline XT shows signal on the SEND meter but nothing on the RETURN meter.

PS
I render each track using pipeline XT before moving onto the next track.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by Trucky on Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:31 pm
Have you checked with Focusrite Support on this issue?

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by frank.crow on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:32 pm
That never occurred to me. I didn’t see how this would have anything to do with my interface.

Do you think the glitch might be there?

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by frank.crow on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:36 pm
I was trying to set up my presets today so I ran the tone generator through pipeline and finally into the VU meter to calibrate everything.

It’s working great. Both send & return meters are functional and now calibrated to -18dB.

It’s got to be like something super simple I’m missing.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by Tuoni64 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:22 am
At the risk of sounding like a me too I also have seen this problem.

The reason I think it’s worth mentioning is that I’m using a dbx compressor and also a Focusrite 18i20 interface.

Perhaps there is something in these combinations of hardware that is causing a problem. I’ve never been able to pin it down. A restart of the software is my usual solution.

Cheers Jason

Studio One 6 (Windows 11 22H2) | Dorico 5/ Notion 6| Focusrite 18i20 | Korg D1 | Hammond SK1 | Korg Prologue 8 | Sledge 2.0 | Maschine MK3 | Faderport 8 | X-Touch One|Self-designed Hardware Synths

https://www.yizakat.com

Friend of Bill

by Tacman7 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:17 am
It can be really hard to diagnose if a problem is hardware or software.

My the headphone amp on my 1820m quit and I bought a headphone amplifier.

Year later I redid the computer and it was back working. I thought that was hardware for sure.

Have you got a small mixer with headphones? I would wait until it fails then check the outputs and see if signal is getting to the ports.

Maybe, troubleshooting is hard. Maybe set up a track and send it to that output and see if signals can get there when Pipeline can not.

There are rules though:

1. TRY EVERYTHING!

2. Only do one thing at a time.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by frank.crow on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:54 pm
Tuoni64 wroteAt the risk of sounding like a me too I also have seen this problem.

The reason I think it’s worth mentioning is that I’m using a dbx compressor and also a Focusrite 18i20 interface.

Perhaps there is something in these combinations of hardware that is causing a problem. I’ve never been able to pin it down. A restart of the software is my usual solution.

Cheers Jason

Thanks so much

So does restarting give you a lasting fix. If not how much time does it typically buy you before it goes down again?

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by Tuoni64 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:33 pm
Hi Frank,

Apologies fort he gap - I've been offline a bit. Generally it works for the rest of the session (I think). I tend to print the tracks as soon as I'm happy with them to free the compressors up for other work (I only have a pair of them) so probably wouldn't notice if it had stopped again.

I'll keep a closer eye on things now and see if I can see any kind of pattern. I am at a loss to explain it as all the indicators are that sound is going places except that there is no return signal in the plugin. That is, I can see the output metering on the compressor and I can see the input levels on the Focusrite mix software both indicating a signal. I can't recall checking the input matrix in S1 to see if there was a signal in the little meter it displays against each input - I'll look at that next time I encounter the problem.

I just chalked it up to a glitch and live with it. I spent years working in analogue/24 track studios where generally one or more bits of outboard gear were considered 'dodgier' than others and dead channels on the desk were common so I'm perhaps tolerant of just living with the problems! Of course we're not talking Abbey Road quality here :-)

Cheers,
Jason.

Studio One 6 (Windows 11 22H2) | Dorico 5/ Notion 6| Focusrite 18i20 | Korg D1 | Hammond SK1 | Korg Prologue 8 | Sledge 2.0 | Maschine MK3 | Faderport 8 | X-Touch One|Self-designed Hardware Synths

https://www.yizakat.com

Friend of Bill

by frank.crow on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:43 pm
Trucky wroteHave you checked with Focusrite Support on this issue?

I just did a short while ago. The representative is going to do some research and get back to me.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by frank.crow on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:47 pm
Tuoni64 wroteAt the risk of sounding like a me too I also have seen this problem.

Cheers Jason

I was able to chat with a focusrite representative. He is going to do some research and get back to me.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by Rockdog on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:21 pm
Anyone figured out a solution for this Pipeline XT issue. Mine was working fine, now when I open a project in the latest Studio One 4.5 I have the same issue as listed in the original post. The plugin shows the input, but no output. I know my hardware (Symphony I/O MKII with 16x16 and 2x6se cards) is all connected correctly because I can open a project in both Logic Pro X and Pro Tools 2019.6 and the I/O hardware inserts work perfectly. I'm really wanting to transition to Studio One but hardware inserts are a large part of my workflow. Anyone else using the latest Pipeline XT without problems? I've uninstalled Studio One and re-installed, but still no go.
by alanoconnell on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:08 pm
I get the same behaviour but when in solo. I have made a post and just posted a video

S14 Professional 4.5.1
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac17,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4.01 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
Memory: 32 GB
OSX 10.12 Sierra
Antelope Audio Orion HD32
Faderport 8
by frank.crow on Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:17 pm
Mine works now and it was a super simple fix. I’m trying really hard to remember what it was though.

I think it was as simple as deselecting and re selecting the track after instantiating pipeline xt.

I seem to remember trying every possible fix and contacting support and researching posts etc. I might have even contemplated buying a more powerful interface.
Last edited by frank.crow on Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by frank.crow on Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:24 pm
Trucky wroteHave you checked with Focusrite Support on this issue?

Yup
No other documented cases.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by Rockdog on Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:51 pm
Finally figured out my Pipeline issue. I recently upgraded to Mojave and had not gone in to my security settings and given Studio One access to my microphone since I'm thinking "I don't use the internal mic." Doh...Apple considers whatever you are using as your interface your microphone. It was just a simple click and now everything is working great.
by sofialasa on Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:50 am
Did someone find a solution for windows?
by frank.crow on Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:24 am
I switched to the Quantum interface and everything works fantastic.
I’m inclined to believe that in some way it was related to the Mix Control software.
I’m not saying that the software is bad only that maybe it’s not optimized for pipeline use.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by vahevahe on Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:25 pm
If you decide to record more tracks and happen to use the same inputs and/or outputs that pipeline is using then it can cut-off audio to an external unit.

Mid 2010 Mac Pro
OSX 10.10.4
16 gigs or RAM
S1 Pro 3.0.1
Apogee Symphony
by frank.crow on Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:07 pm
vahevahe wroteIf you decide to record more tracks and happen to use the same inputs and/or outputs that pipeline is using then it can cut-off audio to an external unit.

I primarily use pipeline for mixing, specifically adding outboard compression. I render the track then instantiate another pipeline on the next track. What typically happens is that the signal is interrupted and the ping is useless. I’ve found that I just need to click on any adjacent track then click back and re ping and I’m good to go. I have no explanation as to why this works, it just does😁

Frank Crow

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)