190 postsPage 2 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10
Thanks for this Lawrence, you are a star.

8-)

AMD Phenom quad core | 8 GB RAM | Roland UA-25 EX audio interface | Radeon HD 2400 Pro | Win 8.1 x64 | Studio One Pro v3.5.6 x64

"The queen of spades is a friend of mine, the queen of hearts is a bitch
someday when I clean up my mind, I'll find out which is which"
Gram Parsons
by WaterlooSunset on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:43 am
This is awesome indeed. Thanks for this.

I also agree with this quote.

"What I find just a little bizzarro is all through Studio One version 3 with the many requests for more variety of color, version 4 gives absolutely no enhancement towards that, yet a faithful user writes a script giving hundreds of color choices (albeit towards track color only)".

I have songs from V3 that I open in V4. I have greens that show correctly in V4 the way they were set in V3. I cannot create a new track in V4 with that same green, there is no choice in the V4 std palette.

I guess in a long about way I am agreeing with this needing to be better and Native in S1.

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by Lokeyfly on Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:19 pm
Lawrence wrote: Here's a toolbar add-on that allows you to create, store, import and export custom color sets of 40 colors using any RGB colors. It colors full tracks, not individual clips.

What I like in particular are the color sets are 8 main colors, so that readily provides 8 different sets of 5 different shades of each. Nice and practical when treating a track. The color selector icon also resides in a logical place along the adjustment tool bar, overhead where Macros and other logical tools are placed.

I don't mind that it doesn't adjust individual events either, because I adjust those individual events on my own. So if I introduce some color across a whole track, the different events shade to something close to that color hue, so events still keep their own identity, basically. Besides, if you need to override a color on an individual event (say one you're working on, or need to refer back to), it still can be done, and doesn't effect the rest of the track coloring. Ultimately, just works fine.

in other words, like so many things in a DAW, you make it work to your own needs. :)

Down the road, I'd like this implemented into the program, but in the mean time, knowing we have some resourceful people who find such script templates, or create/tweak their own and share in a good thing, is awesome. This is one of those good things!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Lawrence on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:26 am
I appreciate your kind comments guys, thanks.

P.S. The update from a couple of days ago broke the RGB number displays. If you have no RGB numbers in the boxes in the editor, download it again from the first post.

default.zip
My current default color set. Still tweaking to my taste.
(599 Bytes) Downloaded 338 times
by Bbd on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:43 am
Just installed this. Much thanks Lawrence. It works great!
:thumbup:

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Trucky on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:16 am
Hey Lawrence-

Great job on this! Thanks for sharing!

Is it possible to also allow data entry for manually typing in the RGB values?
Currently it's only displaying the slider values and it would provide faster data entry for those that know the RGB values.

Also, what's the math used for the values in the .colorset export file?

Color RGB Colorset
Black 0,0,0 -16777216
White 255,255,255 -1

Is it possible to import/export a file containing RGB values?

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by Lawrence on Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:04 am
Yep, it was already doing that (allowing typing in values to set colors) but the refactor broke that for the RGB boxes as well. Fixed in 1.0.0.4.

Is it possible to import/export a file containing RGB values?

Technically possible sure, but there's nothing in the toolbar to do that currently.

The current math (or JS code, if that's what you're asking) from RGB to color is...
( (Blue << 16) | ( Green << 8) | Red ) | 0xff000000.
by Trucky on Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:34 pm
Thanks for the quick fix.

The current math (or JS code, if that's what you're asking) from RGB to color is...
( (Blue << 16) | ( Green << 8) | Red ) | 0xff000000.

Sorry, still not understanding the math.

Here's the color, RGB info followed by their values that show in the exported .colorset file.
Can you show the math equations to convert each of the following? Thanks!

Black (0,0,0) = -16777216
White (255,255,255) = -1

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by Lawrence on Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:34 pm
That's the conversion code I'm using in in JS. Blue, Green, Red:
( (255 << 16) | ( 255 << 8) | 255) | 0xff000000 = # number for White

The math behind this page https://www.shodor.org/stella2java/rgbint.html otoh is...
256*256*red+256*green+blue
by Trucky on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:10 pm
I ran the conversion tool in the link you provided.
I understand the math conversion but couldn't understand why the value stored in the .colorset file is a negative number and a 1 added to the actual value.

Suggestion: If it's more difficult to export/import RGB values, another common practice would be to save them as Hex values.

by Lawrence on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:16 pm
I'm not sure what problem you're trying to solve. The colors store and recall correctly which all it needs to do for the limited purpose it serves.

The difference in the integer values in your image (other than the negative sign) is that that formula from that page uses 256, which explains why the numbers are shifted by 1. That may be what Java uses internally 256 instead of 255 as that page appears to relate to Java.
by Trucky on Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:32 pm
Nothing major...
Just a suggestion given the fact that your toolbar offers importing of custom .colorset files.
Many graphic sites provide RGB or Hex value lists for various color charts that make it easy to copy/paste into a file rather than manual data entry.

by Lawrence on Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:46 pm
Sounds cool to me. Point me to a few of those sites with lists like that so I can have a look. It sounds like something worth investigating. Reading and writing RGB values isn't hard, I mostly just wanted to avoid using delimiters.

Thanks T.
by Trucky on Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:22 pm

by Lawrence on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:26 am
Ok, thanks. None of those really allow copying and pasting RGB or HEX values directly as all of the pages are tables and copy and pasting text of more than one value from HTML tables is a bit of a mess.

At any rate, there's a new menu in 1.0.0.5, "Import Hex Colors" that will import (up to) 40 colors from a simple text file with hex values. A sample text file is attached below. With or without the leading #, doesn't matter, and also allows for comments.

This is about as far down the proverbial rabbit hole as I intend to go with this little utility.

hexcolors.txt
(491 Bytes) Downloaded 342 times
by Trucky on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:36 am
The "Import Hex Colors" option (with or without leading #) works great! It's a real time saver for me when working with the various color palettes available on the Internet. Most seem to only list Hex or RGB values.

Thanks Lawrence!!!

by Lokeyfly on Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:19 am
Lawrence wrote: This is about as far down the proverbial rabbit hole as I intend to go with this little utility.

Nyaaa, whats up, doc? Plenty of carrots, and color here at Looney Tunes. Thanks for the recent shipment....chomp, chomp. ;)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by roland1 on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:43 pm
Lawrence, what prevents this from being applied to console channels?

I don't know anything about coding at this level, so I'm assuming that some kind of barrier exists, or you would have already implemented this feature.

Just curious. And thanks again for this new script. Definitely useful and it's nice to be able to step outside of the default "EDM palette" for S14 (v3's palette was better, IMO).

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Lawrence on Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:29 am
Instrument tracks and their related mixer channels are different objects in Studio One. Audio tracks and their corresponding mixer channels are always the same object. It works the same natively, if you color an instrument track that doesn't have some direct correlation or link to a mixer channel it doesn't apply there either.

I didn't want to complicate the workflow with an optional switch for coloring bus channels or VI multi-outs and all that. Wanted to keep it simple.

I am a little surprised by the level of reaction to this little simple tool. Maybe the mods should move it to the Tips and Tricks forum so it won't be cluttering up the user support discussions. (<-hindsight being 20/20 and all that)
by roland1 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:20 pm
More than 1300 views: we must build a wall! :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)

190 postsPage 2 of 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10