48 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
Mastered a CD in the Project page. Trying to burn a CD but, keep getting "CD Burning Service Not Installed". I cannot figure out how to correct this. How do I set up my CD?DVD burner in my computer for this?

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by rodshort on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 am
OK, I did a search on this forum and it says go to Options>Services. I did that and the CD Burning service has a yellow exclamation point on it and, the only option is to disable it! Now what??

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by Lokeyfly on Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:01 am
Are you able to burn a standard audio CD (redbook) outside of Studio One? I ask, only to make sure your CD/DVD burner is working and visible within Windows itself.

On my laptop, I have an internal DVD player only, so I picked up an external USB CD/DVD.

S1 Project page on both my laptop and Studio desktop faithfully see these burners. Even the non burning one. It simply doesn't allow to burn to the non burning platter, yet S1 does show what media devices can burn CD's and are available, quite faithfully. So you are probably either encountering a driver issue, or path where the songs might be located. Not sure of those steps you took.

If you have access to, or know someone who has an external USB disc burner, you could see if Studio One sees it. Pretty sure it will see the device wherever it is.

Other than that, maybe you could show just where it is in a screenshot. Not seen the message "CD Burning Service Not Installed" before, but it seems pretty indicative of the trouble.

Again. Try burning outside S1, which might tell you more. You can simply direct your burner software to where you created the files to burn your CD.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by rodshort on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 am
Yes, the drive does burn CDs on it's own. It is just not being detected by Studio One, I assume.
Also, I have Studio One installed on my laptop and it is still on my old desktop and, the CD drives are being detected on both of those.

by Bbd on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:44 pm
Please open a Support ticket for your issue.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by scottyo7 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm
This 'write issue' been intermittently messed up since I've been using Studio One (S1). :roll:

Years ago there was a fix which (I believe user jpettit found) used a command in the command window (cmd).
I seem to remember it was to re-establish the hardware connection with the interrupt service that connected/attached the PC's CD/DVD drive when S1 invoked a 'write' command. :?:

You can search the forums for such previous post... and you may even have to search in the 'old' forum which is 'archived' (somewhere in here) before this new 'BB' was implemented years ago.

Probably easier just to burn 'outside' of S1

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by rodshort on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:59 pm
I did submit a ticket with Support but, have heard nothing from them yet.

by Bbd on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:21 pm
Please post their response here if you can.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jmorrisondgd on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:24 pm
Just wanted to add another user with the same issue on windows 8.1 and latest studio one professional. I've used S1 siince version 1 and can't remember what versions it worked or didn't work but I keep version 2.5 cause it's the last version I have that cd burning actually works. On versions since it does not even show up under services on latest professional release.
by rodshort on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:45 pm
Does anyone have any idea how long it typically takes Support to acknowledge a ticket? At this point, I haven't had any response whatsoever. Not even an automated reply to let me know they received it or anything.

by rodshort on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:58 pm
So, I still have not heard anything from Support on my ticket and, I submitted another one. In the meantime I found an older answer about Studio One using CD burning software from a company called Gear Software. It had a link to an update to that driver, which I did and, it still does not work. According to this answer, if that update didn't fix it, then you will need to get a new CD burner. Well, the CD burning function not working pretty much makes the entire idea of the "Project Page" worthless. I do have other CD creation software (CD Architect) but, one of the things I liked about the very concept of Studio One was to be able to create and burn my CDs or DDP files right in Studio One. So, if I have to spend more money to buy a new, external burner, it probably won't happen. I'll probably just go back to exporting my mixes and creating the CD in CD Architect. Overall, this is a pretty disappointing experience and, along with the lack of any response from Support, makes me a bit disappointed in Studio One altogether.

by Lokeyfly on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:30 am
Can't help on the ticket end, or why that support haven't responded to your info, but I'm sure you'll hear something soon. It was good advise by Bbd, because there are situations where other users haven't experienced the exact same issue. Creating a ticket may take a bit longer but it's the right path for that sort of help.

My point earlier was only that in the project page when preparing to create a CD, in my experience, S1 recognizes any CD burner or player and creates those avalable options. What you are experiencing seems to be a shake hands related issue between your burner, possibly the way it was loaded, or how Studio One sees it (which currently it isnt).

Yeah, good you checked that your burner does work on its own. Pass that along in your query. I agree, the Project page is a huge asset, and useless if it isn't working. Hang tough, because I believe you'll have that capability soon enough! I'm waiting on a new controller, I bought, and the holiday "jam", slows things up a bit so I feel your pain.

You should be hearing something soon from technical support.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Sarahtonin on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:12 pm
I just recently experienced this same extremely annoying problem, apparently out of the blue. I've used the Project page and its CD function many many times for several years now, so why all of a sudden am I getting "CD Burning Service not installed"? I went so far as to uninstall any software that may have created a conflict, and reinstalled S1, but the problem continues. The CD service listed in options/services has the little yellow warning triangle. And, yes, the CD burner is working fine with other programs. Baffling, and frustrating.

I, too, have submitted a ticket. In the past, I've gotten very fast and helpful responses, so I hope this will be the case with this.
by rodshort on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:20 pm
I have submitted 2 tickets and have heard nothing. Interestingly, in my account, under Support, it says I have no open tickets. I have no idea what's going on. I also still have no idea how to get my CD burner to be recognized. The burner works fine for everything EXCEPT Studio One. It is recognized and works fine with CD Architect and Audacity. I am using a Dell XPS that is less than a year old.
Sarahtonin - If you get any satisfaction from Support, could you please share any info?
One of my reasons for switching to Studio One is the ability to assemble and burn CDs and DDPs from right in the DAW. So, this kinda sucks. Ha ha!

by rodshort on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:47 am
As an experiment, I just tried to submit another ticket and, it still says I have no open tickets. I'm confused about this.

by rodshort on Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:02 pm
I have been contacted by Brian from Support. He gave me some things to try, which I will as soon as possible. He also said that he was informed of my problem by a moderator on here. There seems to be a problem with my account's connection with Support which, I hope we can resolve, as well.

by Bbd on Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:11 pm
Good to hear. I contacted support directly about your issue.

Bbd

by rodshort on Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:44 pm
Bbd - Thank you!! I will keep this post updated.

by Bbd on Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:46 pm
Ok thanks

Bbd

by beatpete on Tue May 07, 2019 12:18 pm
I have this issue as well. It just happened today, was fine before. I just re-installed Studio One version 3 again and the problem still exists.

48 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3