6 posts
Page 1 of 1
The product descriptions of all Series III mixers should get a link to this article from Knowledge Base, especially the chart at the bottom of the page. This whole Quad-Core-Dual-Core-Single-Core discussion has been very confusing to many people. The chart now shows the "truth". Technically seen, only 64S and 16R are different mixers. All other mixers are exactly the same.

"The FLEX DSP Engine: Power Without Compromise"
http://www.presonus.com/learn/technical ... Compromise

The chart does not contain feature differences like missing scribble strips or missing Blue Tooth. It just describes the technical layout and how "different" the many Series III mixers are.

Or not.
by gierig on Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:55 am
Thank you,
that is exactly what i looking for.

SL24III | SL16.4.2 | PA | Electronics | Bass | Mac | Logic x | Manual reader | to old to be fame
by ChrisLeeRoy on Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:23 am
So I'm confused... Is there a good reason to prefer to buy the new Studiolive 32SC (without scribble strip and bluetooth) at 1999 € or to buy a Studiolive 16 (with scribble strip and bluetooth) and to update to firmware 2.0 at 1799 € ?
Thanks for your advices.
Chris
by SwitchBack on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:16 pm
By the looks of it no.

There’s always the possibility that PreSonus took the opportunity to make a few ‘ppm improvements’ (reliability driven tweaks based on SL16 field feedback) but we’ll never know :)
by wahlerstudios on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:59 pm
As far as we are allowed to see, there is nothing of relevance which would make it necessary or worth to spend more money. Firmware v2 adds the same things to both (!) mixers. A SL16 also gets the new Fat Channel equalizer, which indeed is an improvement. You get used to it very fast... ;-)

I personally would not miss Bluetooth, because I am not using this feature, but missing the Fat Channel Scribble Strips would be a desaster for DAW mode, because the plug-in's parameters are displayed in the scribble strips. The DAW implementation is far from perfect and its not at all "better" than the original implementation (StudioLive CS18AI), but at least you can "see" the parameters and use the buttons and encoders to change values. I have not discovered any description yet how this will be with the 32SC. The manual dealing with this theme has not been updated yet.

I am not only talking about the "fixed" parameters of Studio One's plug-ins, but also ability to change and dedicate parameters via UCNET control. I have no idea how a 32SC can handle/display this. Maybe there is a new DAW implementation coming. The "old" one definitely needs the scribble strips!
by gierig on Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:17 am
Rememberer the 32III was nearly the same prices the 32S is now.

Overall it looks to me that the price Drop on "old Blue" gear is more or less to
empty in stock Hardware. So Presonus can sell all devices that already manufactured
and stop producing this line. Think in a few month you will only get the S versions.

And maybe the 32SC will drop than in the price than as that one have less Hardware
on board (like no scribble Strip)

Will see,

Anyway I'm ordering now a good blue 24SIII to replace my 16.4.2 Series One.
Time to get new toys ;)

SL24III | SL16.4.2 | PA | Electronics | Bass | Mac | Logic x | Manual reader | to old to be fame

6 posts
Page 1 of 1