14 posts
Page 1 of 1
anyone know if presonus offers their modeled
plugins, like the Brit comp , at sale prices
I have heard that they are really good...
:D

S1 4 pro SCAN Pro Audio 3XSystem PC (dont know the details but high end build ,64g ram 9 ssd's
To many Spitfire.VSL. (amongst others) libraries
studio logic sl 88 and korg pianos and a ton of other
stuff that i just had to have
by Trucky on Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:28 pm
You can purchase it individually or in a bundle.

https://shop.presonus.com/Fat-Channel-Plug-in-Brit-Comp

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by phillipdixon on Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:47 pm
yes saw that just thougt they might reduce the price sometimes....bundle cheaper .but not for me..... got my eye on a couple i want for now
cheers

S1 4 pro SCAN Pro Audio 3XSystem PC (dont know the details but high end build ,64g ram 9 ssd's
by matthewgorman on Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:15 pm
They do go on sale from time to time. No pattern that I can see other than maybe holiday time near the end of year.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by darrenporter1 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:58 pm
They are nice plugins, but WAY overpriced, even on sale. This is the day and age of the $29 plugin sale. Even a lot of the Plugin Alliance/Brainworx stuff was priced from $29 to $49 earlier this month.

PreSonus would sell a LOT more of these if they were priced a little more competitively.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by phillipdixon on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:03 pm
perhaps easter sale ? lots of plugins from other
producers are... :)

by Blades on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:35 am
Yeah, and if you watch around, here and again they will actually give a few of these away. Don't know if they will ever have a freebie for all of them, but I have picked up a few eq and a few comp for the fat channel this way. I think I like them but it definitely is a skill and preference thing.

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..
by phillipdixon on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:03 pm
bloody typical
hung on just in case the prices might drop over holiday... and just looked ,and they have put the price UP...... :rtfm2:

by darrenporter1 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:13 pm
Blades wroteYeah, and if you watch around, here and again they will actually give a few of these away. Don't know if they will ever have a freebie for all of them, but I have picked up a few eq and a few comp for the fat channel this way. I think I like them but it definitely is a skill and preference thing.

The freebie deal was a special promotional thing when they first started pushing them in conjunction with the new Studio Live III series mixers. They never even really announced it to us S1 users... some savvy folks saw the promotion for the SL series and since they work on both the hardware mixers and in S1, they told us over here. I seriously doubt they will ever be free again.

by darrenporter1 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:22 pm
phillipdixon wrotebloody typical
hung on just in case the prices might drop over holiday... and just looked ,and they have put the price UP...... :rtfm2:

There are other offerings out there that are just as good if not better. Klanghelm's compressors are widely considered by many to be among the greatest, if not the greatest and they are stupid cheap 365 days a year. Don't discount the Waves CLA Classic Compressors bundle or the V-Series stuff. I love the V-Series EQs and until recently I used them on just about every mix (replaced with Console 1.) They still hold their own in the crowded plugin market. Even after C1, I still use the CLA76 Bluey and Waves Ren Comp, Vox, AXX and Bass extensively - they're "old" but they still work great. Last week they were all $29 each and they are all 30% off currently. Like I said earlier, Plugin Alliance has some really nice stuff that often goes on sale at deep price cuts. Get on the Plugin Boutique mailing list for announcements of great sales too.

by Blades on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:58 am
@darrenporter1. You are probably right about them never being here again. But I also didn't to really expect them to be here the first time, so who knows.

I have considered the console several times but I cNt justify the cost for the amount I use studio one or for what I'm lacking, which is more about skill and talent than about plugins.

I have also considered many times just going back over to cakewalk where I came from for many years since it has been revived and has many good plugins if it's in over there.

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..
by darrenporter1 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:11 am
I'm never going back to Cakewalk. S1 is light-years ahead IMO. So much easier to get things done. But, I digress.

If you feel it's skill you are lacking, then I would suggest you get the Waves CLA package or something like the SSL E-Channel when they go on a really good sale. Keep it simple. With compressors, there are two battles... how to set them up and how to choose the right one. Problem with choosing the right one is it may have completely different controls.

Something else to consider is the Scheps Omni Channel. All of the flavors of compressors are there, different flavors of EQ. Apparently, Andrew Scheps is almost exclusively mixing in the box with headphones these days and he uses his own Omni Channel on just about everything in every mix. Relatively cheap way to get great results.

by wahlerstudios on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:18 pm
May I disturb your discussion...? You are talking about plug-ins in the "traditional" meaning of the word, which can be used in more or less any DAW. PreSonus does not offer such plug-ins. There are plug-ins which belong to Studio One and there are plug-ins made for the Fat Channel of the StudioLive mixers. None of those plug-ins can be used in another DAW, except Studio One. The Fat Channel was an invention in the AI (Active Integration) times of the StudioLive mixers, enabling Studio One to work with the sound settings of live recordings. The "modeled plug-ins" are addtions to the Fat Channel, hence there is nothing else availble than equalizers and compressors. The only imaginable addition could be a modeled limiter or gate, but who needs that?

The StudioLive mixers have several "modeled" reverbs and delays on board, which are not available in Studio One - and there are original reverbs and delays in Studio One as well as flanger, chorus and phaser, which are (unfortunately) not available for StudioLive mixers. You need to use a DAW (preferably Studio One) for further sound processing in a live environment. Honestly, I'd rather use Studio One's reverb and delay pluig-ins than the effects on board, because the SO effects sound much better!

In my opinion, the modeled plug-ins are way overpriced. They do what they are supposed to do, but most of them lack visual control, so you need to HEAR what they are doing and have a clear picture of their differences, IF there are any. I do enjoy working with some of them (I have got nearly all for free because of hardware purchases), because they shape sound in a nice and advantageous way, but to think they sound like this or that hardware original, is simply nonsense. I like the visual approach better than abstract scales, but it doesn't sound "better" when you see a "Brit Comp" mirage on the touch screen of a Series III mixer or in UC surface...

Just my 2 European cents.

;-)
by darrenporter1 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:46 pm
Those are good points... the fact that you cannot use any of the FatChannel stuff outside the S1/SL ecosystem makes their price even harder to swallow.

Another MAJOR omission of the FC "plugins" is that there is NO side-chain capability within S1!

14 posts
Page 1 of 1