Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Good morning from SoCal -
Word of Warning - Backup Up your 192 Scene Setting Prior to installing new version -
It just may reset back to factory -
Earlier this week 04/01/2019 - Ironically -
I launched UC and it had an update waiting - 3.0
I did as always, ran the update -
For some reason the update did an uninstall and did not install -
My 192 No Longer recognized I resolved the issue by running the new version package and the 192 is working -
HOWEVER, all my 192 Scenes and Customizations that I had are gone. It completely wiped everything.
Yes, we all know to make backups. -
I am working with a PreSonus tech to see if there is a recovery, but I know when a file is gone it is gone. I am also letting them know that the package installer does have an option to copy/move any modified "scene" files rather then just delete them. I have developed install packages. I know because I've been there and done that.
In any case, if you find this is happened - report it to PreSonus in a ticket - I hope that it was just a quirk in my install -
Be Blessed!!!

Excuse Me: Is this where I brag???
Travelor's - :punk: Home Studio - Setup :shock:
Alienware Area-51m - Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU - 32GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Razer Chrome and Mamba
Audio Interface: PreSonus Studio 192 (USB3) Using UC 3.0
Audio Monitors: Paired - PreSonus Eris E8
Primary Recording - Mixing: PH Reason v10 -
Secondary Recording: NI Maschine & StudioOne 4 Artist
Komplete Kontrol 61MK2
Nektar Panorama P6
Yamaha MX88 Ivo-Ebo
Line6 JTV-89F - Ruby
Strat MIM Tex-Mex - Hazel
Strat MIJ HSS - Creamy
by psusername on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:47 pm
Hi Travelor

I have one of the newer StudioLive 32 mixers and bumped in to a similar predicament. The SL32 just had a FW update that converts its scenes over to the new Project/Scene format and when you start the mixer after the FW update, it converts all the internal scenes over to the new Project/Scene format. The new UC surface seems to only support this new format as well.

Well, silly me, but I have a few scenes that were stored locally on my PC and now would like to convert them to the new format. It appears that there is no way to do this since UC surface does not recognize the older file format.

I put a ticket in to Presonus to see if there is a tool floating around with the programmers to do the conversion, but I am not holding my breath.

The old scene files appear to be a giant txt files and the new project/scene format are two files that contain various parts of the old one. The tool (which appears to have been installed in the SL32 mixer after the FW update) that did the conversion probably just parses out the info to the appropriate new files. Seems pretty simple.

Now that I think about it, there would probably need to be separate tools for each piece of Presonus HW since there are differences in what is stored with the scene files per HW.

Take care,
p

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU = Intel Core i&-3770K CPU @ 3.5GHz
Ram = 32GB
Graphics = NVIDIA GeForce GT640
Displays = Acer T232HL & AOC 2429W
Studio One 5
StudioLive III 32
Focusrite Liquid 56
Focusrite ISA428
dBX 161s
Universal Audio 6176
Allen&Heath GL3000
by Travelor on Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:30 pm
Hey P,
The support guy has not mentioned anything about the need to convert and the update did not include new firmware (device programing) for the my 192. It was just the app that was updated.

One of the things that the support guy had me do is search for the scene files on my computer. They are just text files with parameters with a value assigned. Probably indicating the level or other option in the Surface app. I found only 2 files found in a subfolder of the hidden C:\ProgramData folder. They are default settings when I launch UC and go to the user scenes are present but they can be clicked. Maybe those were the original and UC 3.0 is using a new format. I did a complete search of my systems and was unable to find any other scene files. I am just chalking it up to me trusting too much and remember the need to backup when it comes to PreSonus apps. Which is unfortunate because the developers could easily avoid issues like this by adding a few lines of code to the packaging process whenever a delete function is used in the package. They would save money in support tickets.
Be Blessed!!!

Excuse Me: Is this where I brag???
Travelor's - :punk: Home Studio - Setup :shock:
Alienware Area-51m - Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU - 32GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Razer Chrome and Mamba
Audio Interface: PreSonus Studio 192 (USB3) Using UC 3.0
Audio Monitors: Paired - PreSonus Eris E8
Primary Recording - Mixing: PH Reason v10 -
Secondary Recording: NI Maschine & StudioOne 4 Artist
Komplete Kontrol 61MK2
Nektar Panorama P6
Yamaha MX88 Ivo-Ebo
Line6 JTV-89F - Ruby
Strat MIM Tex-Mex - Hazel
Strat MIJ HSS - Creamy

3 posts