StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
18 posts
Page 1 of 1
Title says it all. At least announce to the thousands of AI/RM users at least the status of updates/features.

Love the brand, but it’s time fellas.

It’s also been 2 plus years since a person at PreSonus has even POSTED in those forums.

As an added bonus, please don’t give us the standard canned response.

And since I'm here, how about an offline editor?
by john_kaufman on Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:08 pm
Weird. There’s a recent update announcement posted by a Presonus employee right at the top of the forum home page.

The mixer requires manual acknowledgement to update it. As far a devices, I’ve set my device’s App Store settings (iPads in my case) to NOT auto-update so that I can control the timing of app installs so that UC doesn’t get ahead of the firmware. Not sure what your situation is but I hope this helps.

(2) 32R | (2) 328AI | (2) 18sAI | (2) ULT15 | (2) QSC K12 | (2) QSC K10.2 | (20+) Shure's & Sennheiser's - wired and wireless | (2) iPad 2017 | (4) iPod 6 Touch | (2) MacBook Pro | Full Ubiquiti WiFi Mesh setup | (1) Furman 20AMP Power Conditioner | Bunch of F34 Truss and DMX Lights | 16x12' Stage | (1) Box Truck and (1) Billion cables.
by kylebennett on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:35 pm
Not really sure where you see that. Definitely not in the AI or RM forums.

Again, it’s time for those mixers to get some major love and attention by giving us details on what exactly is going on.

MIDI anyone?
by PAE Seth on Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:00 pm
Emotionally charged statements and responses won't be received well.

Another update to AI devices is still planned. This was said the last time we gave an update. Things take time for small companies.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by kylebennett on Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:08 pm
Again, any details? New features, bug fixes, midi?

Why is it absolutely impossible for PreSonus to say anything about these mixers to their loyal customers.
by Bbd on Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:31 am
Have you reviewed the new updates yet? Doesn't seem like it.
Check this out:
http://blog.presonus.com/index.php/2019 ... dsp-update

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by kylebennett on Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:25 am
Have you read the last update? 100% for S3 mixers, which is fine. However the last real update was back in 2016, although they did release unstable software last year that no one uses.

I'm not going to hold PreSonus to everything that we were being told was being looked at, but even if I brought up the things that was said should be in a future update, we are talking about a lot of features missing.
by Bbd on Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:35 am
If you have an issue, please open a support ticket for it.
If you have a feature request, please post it.

You started this thread talking about mixer updates which you have been given links to.
Then you state Presonus has not posted on these boards for 2 years which not true.
Now you are talking about Studio One updates.
Have you been following those since 2016?

Here's a recent post about the latest update by Presonus:

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=34218

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by wahlerstudios on Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:25 am
Please take into consideration that this thread is about AI/RM mixers. It is therefore located in a wrong department of the forum. Please also consider PreSonus' statement about all AI and RM mixers and the CS18: "This product has been discontinued."

It might make sense to move this thread to "StudioLive RM Series".
by kylebennett on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:39 am
Where did I mention StudioOne?

It is also 100% factual that PreSonus has not posted in the StudioLive AI or RM forums in 2 years. Ray last posted I believe in March of 2017.

So the reason for the post in this forum is because PreSonus never bothers posting in there, probably looking in there either, so what would the point of posting feature requests or bug fixes there when they won’t respond to it?

Also, a discontinued product means it is not being made anymore. PreSonus has said they will continue to support the mixers.
by randrums on Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:11 pm
kylebennett wroteHave you read the last update? 100% for S3 mixers, which is fine. However the last real update was back in 2016, although they did release unstable software last year that no one uses.

I'm not going to hold PreSonus to everything that we were being told was being looked at, but even if I brought up the things that was said should be in a future update, we are talking about a lot of features missing.

"no one uses".

Statements that speak on everyone's behalf. I can't say this one is credible. PreSonus is probably the most responsive company I've ever purchased from. I'm extremely blown away by their service. Keep up the great work, PreSonus!

Windows 11, Latest Stable Release
Core i7, 32GB RAM
PreSonus StudioLive 16 Series iii
Studio One 4 Professional
by wahlerstudios on Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:35 pm
It was nearly two years ago when PreSonus ditched the Forums (especially the Live Sound forum). Read about the "Community Forum Update" here: viewtopic.php?f=179&t=25407. The Forums got unlinked on the same day. Strangely, some time later the Forums got listed again in the web site, but was called Community Forum then...

The new policy was (and is) this: "If you want to mingle and interact with PreSonus, please visit us at our PreSonus FaceBook Page or participate in one of the many closed FaceBook Community Product groups where PreSonus staff is already active." Other communication channels are the "Answers" and "News" sections of the web site as well as Twitter and Instagram.

The tiny little word "closed" is the key to understand how this company communicates. There is a "Holy Grail" of the ones who know and rejoice. You might want to join the CLOSED Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/271981426558794), but NEVER speak of OLD equipment there. The group is for "Presonus StudioLive Series III Users" only. There is no communication plattform for legacy equipment than "Answers" and the (re-established) Live Sound Forum, but it is obvious that interest and relevance are fading rapidly.

"Discontinued" means the production has stopped some time already and the product is not on sale any longer (some stock might still be available). Support will be continued for some years and you will get repairs and spare parts. There will also be necessary updates to keep the software (UC Surface) working on computers and mobile devices. You can still use a legacy SL 16.4.2 with an old computer and an old iPad... Up to now there has been no PreSonus product (mixer) "developed" after it was discontinued. My first PreSonus mixer was a SL 16.4.2...
by Bbd on Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:58 pm
wahlerstudios wrotePlease take into consideration that this thread is about AI/RM mixers. It is therefore located in a wrong department of the forum. Please also consider PreSonus' statement about all AI and RM mixers and the CS18: "This product has been discontinued."

It might make sense to move this thread to "StudioLive RM Series".

Thanks for the clarification.
I will move the thread as suggested.

Bbd

by samfisher1 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:43 am
Wow, I'm kind of perturbed and also relieved to see people are as frustrated as I am about this.

wahlerstudios - I think people posting anywhere they damn well can to get any sort of response from Presonus We've all been mis-sold gear, which has subsequently been rendered less useful over time - by introducing ambitious updates that don't work. I was particularly annoyed that Presonus were bragging about the MIDI functionality on new mixers! - Check out some of the recent Facebook ads and posts.

Does anybody remember when metering worked on Firewire? :-D

I have posted here and monitored other's frustration and it pisses me right off the Presonus are entirely silent.

I have raised support tickets specifically to ask about updates and Presonus have taken the line 'We don't comment on updates over support'.

I've taken to making my thoughts clear on Facebook every time Presonus pop up on my timeline - which is frequently. I'd urge others to do the same.

Potential new customers deserve to know how existing customers have been treated.

Sam
Desperately amateur, hopelessly passionate.

MacBook Pro - Mid 2017 - OS 10.13.6
3.1GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 2133 MHz RAM

StudioLive RML16AI
UC 2.8.0.48221 (Jul 5 2018)
UC Surface 2.9.0.49213 (Sep 10 2018)
Firmware v13731

Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Apple MainStage 3.0
IO configured as Aggregate Device
by wahlerstudios on Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:39 pm
I think it did not make sense to bring the frustration to the Series III forum (see first post). Therefore I made the suggestion to move the thread and I tried to somehow give some general orientation. If somebody wants to read posts from the past, the "StudioLive RM Series" section has a lot to offer...

We should concentrate on today and on the "what is", not on the "what should / could / might be". No company will tell anything about future plans, so this behavior is nothing to criticise (but also is no reason to stimulate expectations and hopes). Fact is, there are discontinued products and there is a new family of products. These are two "faces" of PreSonus, which can be quite different in the customers perspective. I don't like to think back to my AI days. I can now enjoy something new, which has a much better perspective.

Let the customers make their own experiences. You can not "prevent" anything - positive and negative!

The Firewire Display Lag came with UC Surface 2 and could also be watched with USB as audio source. UC Surface 3 has brought some changes, at least I can say that for the USB mixers SL16 and 32R.
by Scimitar on Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:06 am
I have been quiet and I think very patient, as have many others, on the whole Ai saga, but perhaps it is time to speak up.
What Presonus has done well:-
  • Each new product family has been a major step up from its predecessor. They have managed to make massive progress from the "relatively basic" products that they started with, to the sophisticated, complex products that are now on offer.
  • This has been achieved, whilst at the same time offering products that from a sound quality & features perspective are able to go head to head with some of the top "pro"gear, at a fraction of the cost (consider the cost of a DigiCo or Soundcraft 64 Channel system for example) - This is not to say that there is no competition in the particular market segment that they target.
  • My experience generally has been that they are pretty good at supporting / enhancing / developing their current products - our local agent and their global support is also pretty good, both having helped me out of sticky situations in the past

So, I certainly don't take anything away from the current new line of mixers and I am watching their development with interest and a bit of envy!

The reality however is that the Ai family of mixers, notably the RM, RML / CS & Ai Mixer products have been the exception to some of the above observations. Presonus has to accept that those of us that bought into these products and, for whatever reason, are not in a position to upgrade, do feel neglected and "short changed."
We continue to use the products, because, in spite of their limitations, they are good products, because we do not have alternatives and because we want to believe that Presonus will get around to us at some stage.
In any organization, it is about the allocation of resources.
My sincere hope is that Presonus will come to the party sooner rather than later and give the Ai family the attention that it so desperately deserves.

The Ai family is not simply going to go away.

The longer that that the issues are left unattended, the more the frustration will grow.

StudioOne Pro
16.4.2 Classic, FS Mobile, FS Project, Faderports
RM32Ai, RM16Ai, CS18Ai,
328Ai, 315Ai, 18sAi,
by sjc193 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:24 am
I cannot afford to spend $2000 every 3 years on a mixer. Maybe some of you can but not me.

I paid $2000 in 2013 for my SL 16 classic. It was sent in to Baton Rouge for repair 3 times.

I paid $2000 in 2016 for my RM32. I has worked great and not needed repair. I trust it and I plan to use it for 7 more years. Maybe even longer. That said, the latest supported firmware and software do not work right, plain and simple they don't work right and are unusable in the field. Heartbreaking because the feel of the UC2 faders are so much better than UC1's faders.

It is now 2019 and I am NOT spending $2000 on a mixer. Not happening.

I am using UC 1.8.3 and I will use it for many years to come if I have to. I absolutely do not expect UC 2 and RM to work together over FireWire ever. I truly hope to be proven wrong.

I don't use Midi but the fact the Midi ports are useless is ridiculous. Epic fail. They always said that those ports would never be an interface, they were simply for a foot pedal to turn the FX on and off and things like that. I bet a programmer could have gotten that working (mute FX, unmute FX with foot pedal) in a day. I don't personal care, but I do think it's embarrassing that it does nothing.

[ Play Quicktime file ] Fader Move on their own.mp4 [ 8.24 MiB | Viewed 6743 times ]

This movie clearly shows the problem with the latest Firmware and software over Firewire.

It's a shame. But I'll just use UC 1.8.3 like I have for the last year or 2 and I'll continue to make great sounds every weekend. Don't have much of a choice at this point. My mixer budget has been spent.

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by kylebennett on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:56 pm
Scimitar wroteI have been quiet and I think very patient, as have many others, on the whole Ai saga, but perhaps it is time to speak up.
What Presonus has done well:-
  • Each new product family has been a major step up from its predecessor. They have managed to make massive progress from the "relatively basic" products that they started with, to the sophisticated, complex products that are now on offer.
  • This has been achieved, whilst at the same time offering products that from a sound quality & features perspective are able to go head to head with some of the top "pro"gear, at a fraction of the cost (consider the cost of a DigiCo or Soundcraft 64 Channel system for example) - This is not to say that there is no competition in the particular market segment that they target.
  • My experience generally has been that they are pretty good at supporting / enhancing / developing their current products - our local agent and their global support is also pretty good, both having helped me out of sticky situations in the past

So, I certainly don't take anything away from the current new line of mixers and I am watching their development with interest and a bit of envy!

The reality however is that the Ai family of mixers, notably the RM, RML / CS & Ai Mixer products have been the exception to some of the above observations. Presonus has to accept that those of us that bought into these products and, for whatever reason, are not in a position to upgrade, do feel neglected and "short changed."
We continue to use the products, because, in spite of their limitations, they are good products, because we do not have alternatives and because we want to believe that Presonus will get around to us at some stage.
In any organization, it is about the allocation of resources.
My sincere hope is that Presonus will come to the party sooner rather than later and give the Ai family the attention that it so desperately deserves.

The Ai family is not simply going to go away.

The longer that that the issues are left unattended, the more the frustration will grow.

It made perfect sense to post in the Series 3 forums. How many updates have they received in the last 3 years compared to us? I have an RML mixer. There has only been 2 updates to the line.

18 posts
Page 1 of 1